PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will weather play a part in game at Miami on monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Maybe someone from FL can let us know what is the buzz regarding Maria reaching miami by monday,From what i have read on the and net and weather channels there is a good chance of a storm in miami on monday night.
I dont think the game can be postponed as the pats and fins have different bye weeks

AL1411W5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Will weather play a part on monday

No, it won't. At worst it will be light rain.

As the "5-day probability cone" you posted indicates, the center of Maria should be AT LEAST 200 miles East of Miami

While Irene expanded to hundreds of miles in diameter, at the time it passes Miami, Maria should still be rather compact this early in its development and it won't be a hurricane. It could push some rain in the outer bands on shore, but not likely.

The best site I know to follow this is a tampa site: Hurricane Tracking and Hurricane coverage from MyFoxHurricane.com | Powered by MyFoxTampaBay and the FOX Network

It has all of the computer models, radar to show you the size, and information not on the national hurricanr center site.

The computer models are variable and the official track represents a composite. Here is the track for the main computer models. I tend to believe the red one, GFDL, since it has been pretty accurate so far this season.

models_storm1.jpg

Last edited:

The Patriots in general and Brady in particular have a history of not letting weather conditions affect their play in comparison to how it affects their opponent, regardless of if it is snow, wind, cold, rain, etc., so that possibility is not too much of a concern to me.

However, Florida in early September can be unbearably hot and humid; more so for those not used to it. Unlike the northeast temperatures barely drop after sundown, and the humidity can actually increase, so don't be lulled into thinking that because the game is at night that won't be factor.

To me the heat and humidity is more of a concern than the storm.

The rain would probably be helpful. Unless it's a deluge.

The rain would probably be helpful. Unless it's a deluge.

I was about an hour north of Miami for Labor Day weekend. Really hot and humid during the day (like 90+), but much more comfortable when the sun went down. I agree a little rain might be helpful. I think it's a better thing we drew a night game rather than a 1:00 p.m. start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes