PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats be getting a Nike uniform update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for at least one cool variant. the alternate for each team could have been it

Do Not Like.

While largely unchanged, I hate that the silver is now gray. You wouldn't think that it would detract as much as it does. It just doesn't pop anymore.

It might just be the pictures, but the jersey just looks thinner and cheaper. Good for on-field performance... but at least with the Reebok jerseys, you felt like you were getting something heavy duty for the money.

Jerks from Nike put the Pats in #13. Are they wishing us Bad Luck?
or maybe it's propaganda that teams are going to have tough luck playing the Pats.

A week after the SB I said we're going to make the NFL world burn next season, my prophecy will come true.

Last edited:
Actually, now I see where they put all the "sparkle" that they took out of the silver strips on the jersey shoulders... did you see a close-up of the helmet? dang!!!! it looks like a 13 year old girls bowling bowl. WAAAAY too glittery. It almost borders on embarressing. Like I said before, it could just be the photo (ie lighting, etc.) but they are a little too , shall we say... "flamboyant"?!? :confused2:

Last edited:
Actually, now I see where they put all the "sparkle" that they took out of the silver strips on the jersey shoulders... did you see a close-up of the helmet? dang!!!! it looks like a 13 year old girls bowling bowl. WAAAAY too glittery. It almost borders on embarressing. Like I said before, it could just be the photo (ie lighting, etc.) but they are a little too , shall we say... "flamboyant"?!? :confused2:

Nike still doesn't make the helmets. . . .

Nike still doesn't make the helmets. . . .

Who does it now then? I know it used to be Ridell. Tbhese helmets looks different than the Ridell ones.

Did they just use Nike ones for the pictures?,.... since they probably wouldn't want to use a competitors product during their unveiling.

New gloves . . .

NFL_2012_Patriots_VaporJet2Glove_detail.jpg

I dunno, I prefer this look . . .
JP-HANDS-popup.jpg

:D

Who does it now then? I know it used to be Ridell. Tbhese helmets looks different than the Ridell ones.

Did they just use Nike ones for the pictures?,.... since they probably wouldn't want to use a competitors product during their unveiling.

Ridell has a contract with the league. Players can use any helmet they want, they just can't have a visible logo or name of the other brand.

Thank God the Patriots didn't change a VERY good uniform! Besides the Bengals, I think for the most part most uniforms are just fine as-is. VERY relieved the changes were mostly the material!

I love the gloves. That is all.

The gloves rock. I might need to buy a pair to use while running.

Thank God the Patriots didn't change a VERY good uniform! Besides the Bengals, I think for the most part most uniforms are just fine as-is. VERY relieved the changes were mostly the material!

I don't get why everybody hates on the Bengals uniforms so much. They are named after the Bengal Tiger, therefore have a small amount of tiger stripes on them. While not my favorite uniform, I don't hate them.
I much prefer it over the god awful cleveland browns, brown and orange uniforms. Are they really big into harvest festivals, or just 70's mom?

BTW, did anyone else notice the change in the Rams helmet? looks like they changed the gold paint to more of a gold-chrome look. I like it alot.

Rams.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes