PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots bring back the old uniform permanently at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trend has been to have logos that are simple and look good scaled down on a smart phone.

Someone posted this here a couple of weeks ago. I think it looks great and is somewhat of a compromise. I don't like the Pat Patriot logo at all.
oJQJB6ESwiBIE8xAUNLj_based%20alternate%20unis.jpg
I love this look, particularly the helmet. I wish this was their uni.

You don't mess with the mojo of a winning formula.

The Pats old uniform was for lovable losers.

I'd rather keep the karma of the winning uniform.

The current uniform strikes fear into the hearts of other teams and fans.

The old uniform has no such effect.

It's time to move on. It's not the bicentennial next year. Shave your mutton chops and smash that stupid mirrored ball while you're at it.
*Got an idea. How 'bout an old-fashioned fight?
100px-New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png
vs.
th

Replacement_________Original

I got six bucks on me...

You don't mess with the mojo of a winning formula.

The Pats old uniform was for lovable losers.

I'd rather keep the karma of the winning uniform.

The current uniform strikes fear into the hearts of other teams and fans.

The old uniform has no such effect.
One vote for "voodoo wins", despite everything Tom & Bill have demonstrated together...

Someone posted this here a couple of weeks ago. I think it looks great and is somewhat of a compromise. I don't like the Pat Patriot logo at all.
oJQJB6ESwiBIE8xAUNLj_based%20alternate%20unis.jpg

This would be the change that I would be absolutely fine with. That's sharp looking.

*Got an idea. How 'bout an old-fashioned fight?
100px-New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png
vs.
th

Replacement_________Original

I got six bucks on me...

Now that's pretty sad. You're proposing a fight over clothing. You do know that Pat Patriots isn't the original, right?

Last edited:
Now that's pretty sad. You're proposing a fight over clothing. You do know that Pat Patriots isn't the original, right?
Billy Sullivan approved of his son Pat's choice in'60, he simply didn't put him on the helmets until the next season.

Pitt, Dallas, NYJ, KC etc. established their logos later, in '62, '63; you doubtless couldn't avoid a fight if you said the same things to them today about their logos

Of course, there's always Goodell to help your cause. He could recognize that all of those torturous, futile decades were because of a logo.....and decree that Pat must return.

("Hey, Troy, they're running out of first round picks, might as well try the old jinx-trick, make 'em go back to that old cartoon ogre-looking dude. 1-15! Here it comes, Bob! Hahahahahahahaha!")
Goodell epitomizes the Flying Elvis era. It's his signature.

I am not a Raiders fan, but in addition to always appreciating that he rescued Jim Plunkett, I accept that Al Davis would have made the opposite - and correct, and appropriate - response to the league's nonsense in CameraLocationGate, of Bob Kraft's.

The silver helmets belong to the Raiders, Cowboys, Lions and Panthers.

I've always thought that Flying Elvis and Pat Patriot both suck.

But while Flying Elvis is merely lame ~ he looks like an old man who feel asleep watching TeleVision ~ Pat Patriot looks likes he's taking it up the Pooper dry :eek:...the very Epitome of Humiliation and Failure.

...and appropriately so.

01 ~ As has been pointed out by others: a dominant Red symbolizes the 1776 Brits ~ the Enemy of Patriots.

02 ~ Our Colors during The Revolutionary War were Blue, so that's where the Patriots ought begin.

03 ~ And as we are America ~ we did drag the rest of the Colonies, kicking and screaming, into that beautiful War, after all :D ~ Red, White, and Blue should all be represented.

04 ~ Me, I'd like to see something with flashes or streaks of Red, White, and Silver against Indigo Blue...But I wouldn't have the faintest Idea where to start: Fashion ain't a Strength of mine!! :p

I'm thinking that fans in my particular age bracket most closely associate Pat Patriot and red uniforms with Rod Rust, **** MacPherson, and blacked out home games.

Have zero desire to relive the "good old days".

I love this look, particularly the helmet. I wish this was their uni.
I like that look a lot too, Deb, but only for our alternate jersey/uni. I'd love to see it a couple of times a year. It's a very sharp look.

Just can't get behind the idea of permanently switching things up with such a long run of success. Then again, you're communicating with someone who wears his "lucky" shirt, boxers and even socks every single week due to intense superstition.

I realized that things had gotten out of hand when I wouldn't allow my wife (Cboys fan) to take my stuff out of the washer and place it in the dryer. No kidding. I don't know how she puts up with me! :D

I like that look a lot too, Deb, but only for our alternate jersey/uni. I'd love to see it a couple of times a year. It's a very sharp look.

Just can't get behind the idea of permanently switching things up with such a long run of success. Then again, you're communicating with someone who wears his "lucky" shirt, boxers and even socks every single week due to intense superstition.

I realized that things had gotten out of hand when I wouldn't allow my wife (Cboys fan) to take my stuff out of the washer and place it in the dryer. No kidding. I don't know how she puts up with me! :D
LOL, I faithfully wear my men's size XXX Ty Law shirt to every game. My husband bought it for me when we went to the Superbowl in 2001. It was the only shirt left in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back