PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots bring back the old uniform permanently at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
APF, a genuine question: if you could make a deal that the Patriots would return to the red Pat Patriot uniforms forever and strip the flying Elvis off everything associated with the team, in exchange for them losing next Sunday's game, what would you do?
Great Question!

And now, I'm off to my career in politics...:)

OK, you can have your answer now, if you like. My answer is, nothing. Not even the fee for the license, which I would appreciate you paying for personally...

All right, all right...nothing is more imporant than winning the game.

Seriously, afterwards, there's only one man I need to reach. And unless my personal powers of persuasion are even greater than I imagine, Kraft (and others) is too attached to the F.E. to erase it; not to mention that that would be simply logistically impossible at this point.

Anyway, I'm gonna see if he can at least have us wear the real uni's on the field for 2017, and see how fans, and the world, respond. As I've said before, I know a ton of fans and former players would be thrilled and appreciative.

If anything, they would create a new uniform design and logo. To make it more modern.

Other teams has alt uniforms they usually play on the road and tend to lose more wearing.

Yes, the old uniform could be worn until it's no longer a jinx, but are you that superstitious?

Like it or not, logos have trend to what looks good on a smart phone. That would mean the flying Elvis.
Our real logo and uni's are jinx-busters [see Orange Bowl].

Many people have still not figured out that Tom Brady was going to come here and win no matter what the team was wearing, and he's too classy to make any noise about it (but see what hat he put on after the last game).

And, can't resist: Pats' record in Drew Bledsoe era: 64-66, postseason 3-4.

Bledsoe, Orthwein, Parcells, the old stadium and the flying elvis should be flushed forever.

Pat's record in Tony Eason era: 61-46, post season 3-2.

If anything, they would create a new uniform design and logo. To make it more modern.
...like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Dallas, San Francisco, Kansas City...

The New England Patriots are NOT the Ravens, Texans, Jaguars or even the Bucs.

They're not an expansion team, and Boston and New England is not filled with indifferent, distracted bandwagon fans.

The Patriots are an original AFL team, with an on-field history filled with heroes and glory and honor, and generations of loyal lifetime fans and for this team to take its rightful place alongside the above mentioned legendary football dynasties, Kraft needs to stop meekly going along with a league-and local and national media-that has done nothing but denigrate the team for decades. Tom keeps leading us to victory, but Kraft keeps clinging to his fantasy. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I would so buy the (away) old white with the red stripes now if they were availabe
That means i would have to stop my current boycott of spending money in licensed NFL things

I would prefer if we wore red. Don't really care which of the stupid logos we use, whether it's Pat bending over for the competition or whatever a "Flying Elvis" is.

I want them to make color rush uniforms the standard uniform.

I didn't like that uniform at all. Blue is one of the most boring, generic NFL colors.

Honestly the original red or white with Pat Patriot is the best. It needs to come back permanently at some point. The Brady era flying Elvis can become the change up uniform.

EDIT:The flying Elvis is ******ed.. meant for all you disagreeing. It is an embarrassment.
Our FE logo sucks ***

The new uniform is better and also represents the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

Some people's fascination with the old logo/era is both strange and disrespectful to this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back