PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will qb's go 1-2-3? RG3 explodes into the picture!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
We've all heard and seen how good Andrew Luck is. We've seen Matt Barkley get better week by week. Plays well and wins at Notre Dame. Plays well in losing effort to Stanford in double OT. Looks great in Trojans upset in Oregon. A very, very difficult place to play. Made it look easy. I had Luck going first. And, someone trading up with Carolina to get Barkley before Miami can get him. Or, Miami throwing a 2nd to Carolina to pass on him. Robert Griffin III kicked off the season with a spectacular effort against TCU. Having a good season since. Has said he's going back to school. Will have graduate in the spring. And, start working towards his law degree. Well, that's one reason not to like the kid:) Shredded Bob Stoops and his Sooner secondary last night. I know OU struggled against ttech but there was a long delay to start that game. They have played pretty well defensively this year. Until last night. RG3 looks like a bigger, smarter Michael Vick. Tremendous athletic ability. Great arm. And, a smart kid. All kidding aside about law degree. Washington trades up for him at 2? Luck 1st, RG3 2nd, and Barkley 3rd?? Hope Miami wins some games so these guys don't end up there.
I loved his reaction on the lucky td pass to K. Wright. Who we should be looking at. He knew it was lucky. Drops to a knee and just shakes his head. No chest thumpin!! I'm da man!! He also had a couple of long passes dropped. So, his stats weren't skewed. They are what they are. 21 for 34 479yds 4td passes 0 picks. Oh yeah, 82 yards rushing. Seems like a humble kid. And, one we're going to enjoy watching on Sundays.

Sounds like a kid you can root for. But the fact remains, who really cares. Only curiosity will get me to watch the first 2 hours of the draft given the unlikelihood the Pats will move out of the mid 20's To a casual draft observer like me, all the top 10 talk is just intellectual postulating that has NOTHING to do with the Pats

t this point in the process all I can do is determine a positional wish list and then with the help of TRUE draftniks like yourself begin to put some names next to those wishes,

The Pats have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. If history tells us anything at least one will be traded forward. So my draft mantra will be to see the Pats draft one DE/OLBing pass rush prospect, a Safety, a CB, and WR.

We've all heard and seen how good Andrew Luck is. We've seen Matt Barkley get better week by week. Plays well and wins at Notre Dame. Plays well in losing effort to Stanford in double OT. Looks great in Trojans upset in Oregon. A very, very difficult place to play. Made it look easy. I had Luck going first. And, someone trading up with Carolina to get Barkley before Miami can get him. Or, Miami throwing a 2nd to Carolina to pass on him. Robert Griffin III kicked off the season with a spectacular effort against TCU. Having a good season since. Has said he's going back to school. Will have graduate in the spring. And, start working towards his law degree. Well, that's one reason not to like the kid:) Shredded Bob Stoops and his Sooner secondary last night. I know OU struggled against ttech but there was a long delay to start that game. They have played pretty well defensively this year. Until last night. RG3 looks like a bigger, smarter Michael Vick. Tremendous athletic ability. Great arm. And, a smart kid. All kidding aside about law degree. Washington trades up for him at 2? Luck 1st, RG3 2nd, and Barkley 3rd?? Hope Miami wins some games so these guys don't end up there.
I loved his reaction on the lucky td pass to K. Wright. Who we should be looking at. He knew it was lucky. Drops to a knee and just shakes his head. No chest thumpin!! I'm da man!! He also had a couple of long passes dropped. So, his stats weren't skewed. They are what they are. 21 for 34 479yds 4td passes 0 picks. Oh yeah, 82 yards rushing. Seems like a humble kid. And, one we're going to enjoy watching on Sundays.

Great Thread, Bro. And great timing. :cool:

I've been following Griffin's rapid ascent for a while, now, and while I don't know as much about the kid as I'd like to...everything about him that I DO know, I LOVE!! :rocker:

Brother Ken, what are you doing?? :confused:

Did you really just attack this thread with "who cares"???

That's what TROLLS do...and you, sir, are no Troll.

C'mon, man: You're better than that.

If you're not interested, why post??? :confused:

Sounds like a kid you can root for. But the fact remains, who really cares.

Do you watch NFL games the Pats aren't playing?

With the popularity of the NFL. QB's are like rock stats. Peyton Manning was on TV more than any actor/actress/rock star. Even though I don't like the Colts. I enjoy watching him play qb. Drew Brees? Sure seems like a helluva guy to me. Loved watching him do what he did for New Orleans. Aaron Rodgers is a machine. If you're not enjoying the show, doubt you're much of a football fan. When Michael Vick is on his game, his talent is breathtaking to watch. Of course, he looks clueless at times too. But, I enjoy sports. Not just rooting for the home team. A couple of these kids have chances to become players like those I mentioned. They could bust like J. Russell. Become good but not great. Like D. McNabb.

Also, none of us draftniks know a damn what the Pats are going to do. We don't have 1/1000th of the information needed to make an educated guess. I like college football to watch. And, also like to follow it from a prospect angle. Where the NFL gets their players from.

Do you watch NFL games the Pats aren't playing?

With the popularity of the NFL. QB's are like rock stars. Peyton Manning was on TV more than any actor/actress/rock star. Even though I don't like the Colts. I enjoy watching him play qb. Drew Brees? Sure seems like a helluva guy to me. Loved watching him do what he did for New Orleans. Aaron Rodgers is a machine. If you're not enjoying the show, doubt you're much of a football fan. When Michael Vick is on his game, his talent is breathtaking to watch. Of course, he looks clueless at times too. But, I enjoy sports. Not just rooting for the home team.

AMEN, Brother Penn Pat!! :rocker:

Prior to the season, I wanted us to draft Griffen. I think very highly of him. Now, however, his draft value is so inflated that to us, with a strong QB situation already, I don't think he's worth the required top ten pick.

That said, I believe this much in Griffen: I'd draft him as Brady's eventual replacement before Luck or Barkley. I've watched him for a few years, and I think he's going to be dynamite. He's what Vick wishes he could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes