PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why was Steelers loss good for the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a passion......

Henry needs to be 100%
I'm not sure who holds the tie breakers but it will be interesting if Baltimore does everything it can to let the steelers win in week 17. Surely they know that they pose 0 threat to them in the playoffs,but TEN absolutely could beat them. I think TEN plays the Texans and say they lose and they hold the tie breakers meaning steelers would need to beat the Ravens to leapfrog them. Do they take a dive to knock out TEN?

It would also almost assure we would need to beat KC before we met them. All of that sounds good to me if I'm Harbaugh!

I'm not sure who holds the tie breakers but it will be interesting if Baltimore does everything it can to let the steelers win in week 17. Surely they know that they pose 0 threat to them in the playoffs,but TEN absolutely could beat them. I think TEN plays the Texans and say they lose and they hold the tie breakers meaning steelers would need to beat the Ravens to leapfrog them. Do they take a dive to knock out TEN?

It would also almost assure we would need to beat KC before we met them. All of that sounds good to me if I'm Harbaugh!
So my understanding is this as of right now...

1.BAL
2.NE

3. Queefs
4. Hou
5. BUF
6. TN

No?

Huh? As the 6th seed, they would have to knock KC off first...if Bedard's argument is that the Titans have a shot to beat KC, then fine...but his main argument appears to be that it's going to help us regain HFA. It's possible but highly unlikely the Titans beat the Chiefs and then the Ravens for us to get the AFC championship at Gillette. I can't believe Bedard is even arguing this
Apologies. Got too excited typing and dismissed the WC round lol. TEN still has a shot against anybody though.

So long story short, TEN is more likely to do some damage and upset KC and/or BAL than PIT. Okay I get it. My guess if TEN gets in, they’re 1 and done, but at least it isn’t Duck and Rudolph in there with zero chance to win.

Ravens will have a cake walk to the AFC-CGame the Four and Sixth seeds are very weak in the AFC. Whoever KC plays will basically be a Bye for them they won't break a sweat.

Last edited:

1.BAL
2.NE

3. Queefs
4. Hou
5. BUF
6. TN

No?
I think so with Steelers having the same record as TN but TN holding the tie breaker. So If TN loses next week and steelers win they should get in? Both have tough games but Ravens could rest every meaningful player and try to get steelers in. KC would dispatch them quickly and it would ensure we face KC and we beat each other up. TEN on the other hand as you said could beat KC and then Ravens. Wouldn't that be something lol.

1.BAL
2.NE

3. Queefs
4. Hou
5. BUF
6. TN

No?
6 is Steelers at the moment, if Tennessee would have won today they would have been in control of their own destiny, now they need help.

Huh? As the 6th seed, they would have to knock KC off first...if Bedard's argument is that the Titans have a shot to beat KC, then fine...but his main argument appears to be that it's going to help us regain HFA. It's possible but highly unlikely the Titans beat the Chiefs and then the Ravens for us to get the AFC championship at Gillette. I can't believe Bedard is even arguing this

Iys the best scenario, but unlikely to happen. That's all he is saying.

Not sure how hard the Texans will play next week against the Titans as the difference between the 3 and 4 seed may not mean much to them.

So long story short, TEN is more likely to do some damage and upset KC and/or BAL than PIT. Okay I get it. My guess if TEN gets in, they’re 1 and done, but at least it isn’t Duck and Rudolph in there with zero chance to win.

Not happening that loss to the Texans cost us the #1 overall. I wanted no part of the KC/Bal route. I know we have very Good Defense but for this current Offense that's a very tall order. That said I am cheering for Buffalo on Wildcard Weekend. I think they can be competitive with the Ravens. The rest of the AFC stinks.

Hopefully Tennesse plays KC on Sunday and the Pats game is the following Saturday. Even if Tennessee cant pull off the upset they should play a physical brand of football, potentially having Chiefs come in limping on 5 days rest.

Wow Bedard is really stupid!

How is claiming the Titans have a better chance than the Steelers to give issues to KC or Baltimore a stupid assessment?

He is not predicting they will beat them.

Ravens will have a cake walk to the AFC-CGame the Four and Sixth seeds are very weak in the AFC. Whoever KC plays will basically be a Bye for them they won't break a sweat.

the likely scenario righ now for afc round 2 is kc @ ne and buf/hou @ Baltimore. Houston probably would be easy but buffalo would give them trouble imo

Tennessee, particularly with a healthy Derrick Henry, could make a game out of it

In the Pats news link he mentions Tomlin not winning COY is a good thing for Pats.

We want the Steelers in the playoffs if we get to play them. If we’re not gonna play them We want the titans in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back