PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why was Faulk suspended for one game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeauOUCH

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know he got arrested on the pot charge but I thought a 1st time charge didnt result in a game suspension?

The reason I ask is I couldnt help but think that Faulk would of been out there in pass protection on that play instead of Morris that injury never happens.

Its no use crying over it now but if Faulk was out there on that play there is a 99% chance Brady isnt out for the season. ( because it was such a freak injury, even with Morris in there 999/1000 times that doesnt happen )

Brady probably has 5 years ( hopefully ) left & to think we lost him for 20% of the rest of his prime career makes me sick.

The Pats with Brady at the helm last year was the most special season I've ever seen, truly a joy to watch. I really thought this year we could have another run to even exceed last years, I guess it just wasnt to be. :(

Having said that I still think we have a special group of players who seem to rise to the occasion under adversity. I hope the rest of the NFL has the same opinion of the Pats that the rest of the NFL fan base seems to have ( they are dead w/o Brady ) cause they could be in for a rude awakening.

Go Pats!

There's no guarantee that Faulk would have blocked him. Besides, you're wasting time worrying about hypothetical situations. They don't count.

I know there is no guarantee that Faulk would of blocked him, the point is if Faulk was in there the play would of been different ( even if he whiffed on the block ).

You are right though there is no point in worrying about hpyotheticals. I just cant help but think a 'lil John concert cost us Brady for the year. :eek:

If I'm not mistaken, the first failed drug test does not result in a game suspension (though it does make the player take tests more often and enter counseling.) However, since this was an arrest/citation/public incident and brought negative publicity to the league, that is what kicked in the one game suspension.

If I'm not mistaken, the first failed drug test does not result in a game suspension (though it does make the player take tests more often and enter counseling.) However, since this was an arrest/citation/public incident and brought negative publicity to the league, that is what kicked in the one game suspension.

Even though the player maintained his innocence and passed a drug test immediately thereafter?

Then why was Marvin Harrison playing yesterday?

Goodell has an axe to grind against the Patriots.

Even though the player maintained his innocence and passed a drug test immediately thereafter?

Then why was Marvin Harrison playing yesterday?

Goodell has an axe to grind against the Patriots.

Marvin hasn't been arrested yet, and from the looks of it he never will.

It was the arrest - that marked the shift in how it's handled from a substance abuse problem to the personal conduct policy.

Marvin hasn't been arrested yet, and from the looks of it he never will.

It was the arrest - that marked the shift in how it's handled from a substance abuse problem to the personal conduct policy.

Anyone can be arrested. If that's Goodell's standard, then it's troubling.

You can be arrested for practically anything.

I'm not sure about this league anymore with Goodell running it.

Didn't Faulk have a prior incident though as well? I remember him getting pulled over and receiving some sort of a weapons charge right after Super Bowl XXXVI in New Orleans. That might not be taken into account in the new personal conduct policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots