PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why so much fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
In a pre-season game, that doesn't mean jack. I don't get it. I thought we were above that crap, but often it looked like we were the ones to start it. It doesn't make sense in a game that doesn't matter. Save it for the real games.

In a pre-season game, that doesn't mean jack. I don't get it. I thought we were above that crap, but often it looked like we were the ones to start it. It doesn't make sense in a game that doesn't matter. Save it for the real games.

Third preseason games are treated like real games. That's why starters usually play into the third or even the 4th quarter, and the Pats were outclassed.

Just be glad that it isn't a Patriot who will be getting a letter in the mail for throwing a punch.

Just be glad that it isn't a Patriot who will be getting a letter in the mail for throwing a punch.

You think Suh will be? I highly doubt it. We were the instigators after all.

Doesn't matter. Throwing a punch, in and of itself, and even if provoked, is grounds for immediate ejection from the game, and a fine: Mankins got fined $7,500 for his punch in Denver in 2005 (I had to look it up, but I remember the punch), which certainly was provoked by the Donkeys.

Suh should get a letter for another $20,000 or so in charitable contributions.

Last edited:

Shouldn't matter. There's no rule against a little pushing or shoving after a play. Punches, on the other hand, are supposed to be an instant ejection and a fine. The refs, as they tended to all night, completely blew the call. I don't expect the league office to do the same, though.

Shouldn't matter. There's no rule against a little pushing or shoving after a play. Punches, on the other hand, are supposed to be an instant ejection and a fine. The refs, as they tended to all night, completely blew the call. I don't expect the league office to do the same, though.

I agree with you there. I'm not one to normally blame outside forces for a loss, but wow... the refs were really bad tonight. That said, I realize that the lions outplayed us in all facets of the game.

I agree with you there. I'm not one to normally blame outside forces for a loss, but wow... the refs were really bad tonight. That said, I realize that the lions outplayed us in all facets of the game.

Yeah. The refs were far from a deciding factor, but they were atrocious. I have no idea how they rationalized that OPI on Ochocinco.

I used to like Suh. He was my fav player in last year's draft after I saw him dominate the entire Texas O line. But seeing him trying to instigate fights with Pats player over and over again, screw him.

Yeah. The refs were far from a deciding factor, but they were atrocious. I have no idea how they rationalized that OPI on Ochocinco.

Just went downhill from there man. That was a huge gronkowski? run taken away.

I'm pretty sure the ref was a rookie. Think one of the CBS broadcasters said it was his first NFL game as a ref.

Doesn't matter. Throwing a punch, in and of itself, and even if provoked, is grounds for immediate ejection from the game, and a fine: Mankins got fined $7,500 for his punch in Denver in 2005 (I had to look it up, but I remember the punch), which certainly was provoked by the Donkeys.

Suh should get a letter for another $20,000 or so in charitable contributions.

That was so disrespectful from Suh regardless whatever mark they want to set. He is young and feels he is not flesh and blood because of how strong he think he is. If he does not change some things about his play, he will soon be a marked man and will need to watch his back.

Suh tries to be like Ngata which is to be a feared defensive lineman and an intimidator, maybe is trying too hard to be feared too soon in his short career and overeacting.

After the pyss poor call on 85 and then the punch from Suh it all went down hill from there.. the refs shyt the bed.

The reason there was so much fighting was that Detroit was treating this game like their super bowl or a revenge game....they were nasty...totally uncalled for in a pre-season game. I'll bet Tom and the rest of the crew are really sore today

Good teams rise to the occasion.....Pats looked lost on both sides of the ball most of the night...not worried about run D but unless they can get to the QB fast..and protect against the screens, they will be losing games to the better teams in the league......which means playoff games...

The game film will be an excellent teaching tool for BB.....and taking the heat for the players stinkeroo performance was classy ......

taking the heat for the players stinkeroo performance was classy ......

BB shows leadership, but on film day(s) he'll be ripping a good number of Pats. Sometimes dread is an effective learning tool. If he ripped the team in public the players would be mad with BB, and not themselves - which is counter productive to so much.

The reason there was so much fighting was that Detroit was treating this game like their super bowl or a revenge game....they were nasty...totally uncalled for in a pre-season game. I'll bet Tom and the rest of the crew are really sore today

This was evident throughout. What was also evident was this officiating crew didn't come to adjudicate that level of game. The botched call on Ocho set the tone. Vince was being held on almost every play and the only time they caught it he was being being restrained by a choke hold. Usually that's when things get chippy, when one or the other side is getting away with schit including the potentially career threatening kind, and that is when refs wake up. This crew never did.

Does the NFL review the games for officiating...Dam, I hope so.....that crew had a lot of head scratchers...can't tell alot of the holding calls on tv as the camera is usually away from them and they don't show....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes