PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why no info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS68

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
About the rookies in mini camp, I have not seen a photo, a video, or any type of statements from any of the players. I checked jets page they have video, I checked the bills page they have video, I watch NFL Network they have video of all sorts of rookies. Two years ago they had video of Chandler Jones and Hightower and the other rookies.

Why are the Pats keeping the media out?

About the rookies in mini camp, I have not seen a photo, a video, or any type of statements from any of the players. I checked jets page they have video, I checked the bills page they have video, I watch NFL Network they have video of all sorts of rookies. Two years ago they had video of Chandler Jones and Hightower and the other rookies.

Why are the Pats keeping the media out?

You just moved here, right? :)

OK, seriously, coverage can be OK or really bad. Never great or a bonus to winning. Yeah, it sucks but in the 1 in a thousand times it is bad it is worth 999 that are sort of nice.

BTW, go to patriots.com

The Patriots rookie mini-camps (and full squad mini-camps) have been closed to the public for as long as I can remember, preceding the arrival of Belichick; rookie mini-camp being closed to the media is not something new and different.

There was a series of interviews with each of the rookies on Patriots.com, and most of the local media had articles based on those interviews.

I'm not seeing what is happening as being any different than in the past; to me it looks like standard operating procedure.

No it has been open to the media in the past. The media went in depth about how great Chad Jackson looked in rookie camp and how he caught everything thrown at him. Two years ago there was limited coverage of Jones and Hightower running through drills.

That Patriots web site always has pictures of the rookies running through drills and what not. This year I have not seen anything, not even a photo of a player in a helmet.

For example

http://www.patriots.com/media-loung...Practice/04acdb25-51e3-4429-aaec-c027c1b2e07d

Example of open to the media rookie mini camp

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7917135/what-watch-new-england-patriots-rookie-minicamp

Last edited:
I think you're confusing OTAs with early training camp where rookies report before most vets are due and media coverage abounds

I actually saw a report saying that the Pats were not having a Rookie Mini-camp this year. Not sure how true it is.. I'll try and find it again..

EDIT: Found it:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patr...14/05/patriots_notebook_rookies_feel_the_rush

"With the draft two weeks later, the Patriots are among the teams that scrapped rookie minicamp in order to get the rookies into the facility as quickly as possible."

BB said in his press conference they were bringing in all the rookies Monday after the draft and they would be staying and working out with the rest of the team in the offseason program. I think that is why you are seeing players signing contracts must earlier than you have in the past.

Okay thanks for the answer. The reason why I thought they were having a camp was on the NFL Network they had the dates on the bottom running across the screen. According to the NFL Network it was supposed to be last weekend.

BB said in his press conference they were bringing in all the rookies Monday after the draft and they would be staying and working out with the rest of the team in the offseason program. I think that is why you are seeing players signing contracts must earlier than you have in the past.
Contracts are also pretty much set for which spot you are drafted in. So no reason to delay signing as there really isn't much to negotiate.

3408-you-must-be-new-here.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back