PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is it ok to overreact for a win but not to when they lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badluck

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
now that doesn't seem very fair :confused:

NOBODY here in this board deserves to celebrate because EVERYONE here said we were going to get killed or get beat... yet we still won by 27? Now the Dolphins suck and it was obvious? Wow never fail me pats fans

it's most cause after a loss the chicken littles come out in full force and tell everyone how much every thing sucks with the team. and after a win the reaction is not nearly as dramatic

You must go back and read the beginners "fan manual 101"

NOBODY here in this board deserves to celebrate because EVERYONE here said we were going to get killed or get beat... yet we still won by 27? Now the Dolphins suck and it was obvious? Wow never fail me pats fans

not EVERYONE said we were going to get killed it's sjut the chicken littles have the loudest voice after a bad loss

Dude, relax..... take the night off. Enjoy the win. We can go back to talking about how much the defense sucks in the morning. :rolleyes:

This is exactly why I don't participate in those stupid guess the season / score games. Who the hell likes to pick against their teams?

not EVERYONE said we were going to get killed it's sjut the chicken littles have the loudest voice after a bad loss

most people... I cannot believe people even said they were expecting a loss but a win would be nice before the game... wow what kind of fans are these? I understand what brady said about jets fans being louder than Pats fans.

Dude, relax..... take the night off. Enjoy the win. We can go back to talking about how much the defense sucks in the morning. :rolleyes:

This..... someone apparently hates seeing this team win. :cool:

That's what you wanted to say? An hour after a divisional road win? This is what you wanted to post? Stop watching sports or become a "fan" of another team. PLEASE

I don't think so.:cool:

It's not "OK" to overreact either way, but you'll always get people who do it, just as you'll always get people who undersell what happens. It's human nature. Nobody's going to set the perfect tone everytime.

I don't think people are overreacting. Most people that have complemented the defense still understand that it's a work in progress and they're going to have worse games.

I think people are excited because it was an overall team win. All three phases played well. Plus, it was a road win against a division team that we've struggled against away from home. It was also an incredible 2nd half and that hasn't been the strong point of the team on the road since last season.

I'm not buying a Super Bowl ticket yet, I'm just happy with getting a road win and how they got that win.

because we're not the ones playing the games. we dont need to keep an even keel. and overreacting to wins is alot of fun. overreacting to losses sucks.

Really? I believe the thread predicting the score was reflected a total homer bias of people picking a Pats win.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/673739-predict-score-contest-week-4-ne-mia.html

I must say I deserve extra credit for predicting a win after trailing at the half. :)

I can only speak for myself. I am not overreacting. I thought tonight was a good step in the right direction for the Pats, but I know there will be more lows as the season goes along.

Dont make me dig up a million comments on how the dolphins would beat us... Embarrassing Patriots fans. I expect a win every week but these negative nellies stink this board up with their bs

A great win and we go to the bye week happy and satisfied but work has just begun,I want to see this defense toe to toe with the big dogs in the next month.....Pittsburgh and Baltimore

Now win just 1 against those 2 teams will be gratifying...I just don't know if we will yet

Like I said a great win but miami has a bunch of young players on that team as well,Balt and Pitt have rock solid veteran corps....big test and I am looking forward to it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore