PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Belichick playing scared this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonPowe

Banned
Reaction score
They had about 1:50 left and all of their timeouts, but they just let the clock wind down. This team would go for it on 4th and 1 at their own 30 last season. They went for it on 4th and 13 in the damn super bowl. But they didn't go for it against the Colts last week and they're playing scared again this week.

They're not going to get very far playing this way.

they're 5-3 with a guy at QB who hasn't played since High School. This is a ridiculous thread.

Because the Bills were on our 40, we weren't going to get any kind of field position. If we were at the Bills' 15 for the punt he'd have called timeout.

they're 5-3 with a guy at QB who hasn't played since High School. This is a ridiculous thread.

BB last year said that the offense' job was to score TDs. That being the main reason why he went for it on 4th downs all those times last year. So I guess the offense' job description changed this year is to "not screw up?"

They're 5-3 with a talented team around Cassel, and Cassel has really looked confident these past few games.

BB last year said that the offense' job was to score TDs. That being the main reason why he went for it on 4th downs all those times last year. So I guess the offense' job description changed this year is to "not screw up?"

Are you really that dense?

Strategies change when you have different personnel.

With one of the best QBs of all time at the helm, you can bet on those 4th and 1 downs.

With a yet to be proven and still learning quarterback you can't be as aggressive because the risk of a bad play is not worth the upside of a good play.

Fail
fail
fail

Did you even watch what happened afterwards with that punt? You want to run a 2 minute drill from inside your own 5 yard line with Cassel? LOL I'll take playing 'scared'. It ended up being the right decision. You can crucify him all you want for last week's blown decisions but when he does the right thing give him credit.

Did you even watch what happened afterwards with that punt? You want to run a 2 minute drill from inside your own 5 yard line with Cassel? LOL I'll take playing 'scared'. It ended up being the right decision. You can crucify him all you want for last week's blown decisions but when he does the right thing give him credit.

Totally agree.

Some people thinks we are still on 2007... :rolleyes:

If that punt had gone into the EZ, I bet you the Pats at least try. But it didn't, so oh well.

Probably because just by not making any mistakes they could receive to start the 2nd half with a 7 point lead, rather than toss up some deep passes hoping to score on a long field (which was unlikely, to say the least). Just a guess though, I could be totally off.

Last edited:
6-3 and tied for first in the division.

Great thread!

Why did this thread get moved? Oh, yeah, because it is friggin stupid!

The OP got b!tchslapped to the Practice Squad. Nice!

No, its not a ridiculous thread. However, I wouldn't say he's playing scared. I think he's coaching too conservatively. And if you think its ridiculous, you are blinding yourself with homerism and you clearly didn't watch the Colts game.

If the Pats had called time out, you don't know what would have happened on that punt.

I disagree with calling it playing scared, but there are times when Belichick has been too conservative and its already cost the Pats 1 game.

You should watch the games.

So should you. You should also read a bit more before telling one of the smartest posters on this board to "watch the games." It shows that you lack intelligence and that your biased leaves you unable to consider other's opinions.

Why did this thread get moved? Oh, yeah, because it is friggin stupid!

The OP got b!tchslapped to the Practice Squad. Nice!

You should follow him with dumb comments like this. Seriously. If you are too ignorant to admit that BB is being too conservative at times then you deserve to be back on the practice squad as well.

Apparently you can't say anything resembling negative against the Patriots or you get the thread moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes