PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I'm rooting for the Ravens and Eagles today

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiZa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The ravens winning has a direct impact on the Patriots (and other 11-5 teams) draft. It takes them out of the 11-5 grouping where the draft order is reversed every round. Moving the Pats pick up 1 every other round (2,4,6).

As for the Eagles, if they win there is no impact on the Patriots draft at all. As far as FA, if Dawkins does well and wins and even wins the superbowl it will be even harder for the Eagles to resign him. Opening the door for the Pats among other teams.

i'll be rooting for the ravens and cardinals.

the ravens are fun to watch, ed reed is one of the greatest safeties of all time, and it's crazy how many times he gets the ball.

the steelers already won a superbowl a couple years ago and i don't want them to challenge us for superbowl wins this era.

the eagles: imagine if asante left for more money AND another championship? i like hating him too much to see him get that much success.

EDIT: another reason i want the cardninals to win - wouldn't it make you feel a little better to know we beat the superbowl champs by 40 points?

Last edited:
the steelers already won a superbowl a couple years ago and i don't want them to challenge us for superbowl wins this era.

Definitely rooting for the Ravens. And as far as I'm concerned, as long as Belichick is here, it's the Steelers who should be worried about their most SB wins in NFL history being challenged.

I am happy as long as it's a birds vs. birds SB. But I'd prefer Cards to Eagles.

Ravens....... only cuz I hate them less then the squeelers.

Cardinals......... only cuz it would be a hoot have an ~.500 team playing in the big game in this f-ed up year in the NFL. Plus, I hate the iggles.

i hate the ravens and i hate the steelers fans, so i dont care.

i think the eagles win it all anyways

I was having trouble deciding who I hated more, the Ravens or Steelers. In the end, I rooted against the Ravens, because they talk SO MUCH-- not a humble bone in their bodies (until after the game when they turn religious).

The ravens winning has a direct impact on the Patriots (and other 11-5 teams) draft. It takes them out of the 11-5 grouping where the draft order is reversed every round. Moving the Pats pick up 1 every other round (2,4,6).

As for the Eagles, if they win there is no impact on the Patriots draft at all. As far as FA, if Dawkins does well and wins and even wins the superbowl it will be even harder for the Eagles to resign him. Opening the door for the Pats among other teams.

Regardless of the outcome, Dawkins is likely going to retire anyways. In '07-he missed minicamp and most of TC b/c his wife was giving birth to twins, and she was going through alot of trouble.

Anyhow-I would think Dawk will want to retire and raise give his family the highest priority, at least for awhile.

Regardless of the outcome, Dawkins is likely going to retire anyways. In '07-he missed minicamp and most of TC b/c his wife was giving birth to twins, and she was going through alot of trouble.

Anyhow-I would think Dawk will want to retire and raise give his family the highest priority, at least for awhile.

He has a big pay day coming to him, so I doubt he skips out on it. In football you only have so many good years you can put in before you're too old.

Now I wish I didn't make this thread, all my teams are losing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back