PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why does the league want to ruin the game: NFL may negate TD on taunting penalties

I don't get how people can be concerned about 'interpretation'. There aren't many celebrations before you enter the EZ that aren't deemed as taunting. High stepping, pathetic flips when no one is around you over the goal line, pointing/waving at players....it's all taunting.

How often do we even see any of the above? High stepping isn't that common in the NFL. Most players tend to keep their celebrations until they have crossed the goal line. This is hardly a MASSIVE change for people to accept. It's just going to be there for the brain farting idiots like Tate in exceptional circumstance.

Because I, and likely a fair number of people, disagree with your interpretation. I think only the last one on your list is actually taunting. To me all of the others are simply celebrations and it doesn't cross the line to taunting until it's targeting players on the other team.

Why should they shut up? Their performances cash the cheques their egos write.

How about because the only thing they have ever won is 2nd place in the AFCW. Seriously, Ryan's Jets have a better resume than the SeaHawks and we have been telling them to shut their pieholes until they win something for years.

I have two conspiracy theories regarding this proposal that I don't actually believe, but are fun for stirring the pot ;)

1) If they can remove all the personality from the game, fans will begin viewing these players as football-playing robots rather than people. That way, when data about head injuries comes out, no one will care because hey, they're just robots.

2) It gives them more ammunition for ticky-tack calls that can potentially change the outcome of big games, bringing them more in line with the overlord's Grand Vision.

I think the seahawks are fun tbh. Fun to have teams to hate and some trash talking. The big 3 cetics(rip) talked more trash than anyone and we all loved them. Part of what makes the seahawks so good is their swagger.

Goodell wants a nice sanitized NFL, no playing rough, no name calling, everybody has to play nice. The situation reminds me of those kids soft ball or soccer games that end in a tie so no ones feelings get hurt.

Adult professional soccer (and football) games end in ties.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back