Should the Patriots cut Tebow?

• Cut Tebow

Votes: 155 64.6%
  • Keep Tebow

Votes: 85 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if mallet and brady both went down we would be much more likely to see them bring back Kafka, or if he isnt already on a team hoyer, then start tebow.

I doubt he'd bring those in as starters ahead of Tebow. Hoyer possibly because he knows the system. Tebow running a Tebow package would be so much more productive than Kafka and maybe even Hoyer running the conventional package.

Bill and josh will make the choice. If Tebow is worth a year of development in order to compete with Mallett for a long-term backup contract next year, then so be it.

Personally, I'd rather have the roster spot than a 3rd quarterback. But I've wrong before. I didn't want us to draft O'Connell or Mallett.

BTW, this current situation is part of the process for the next few years. We need a long-term backup for Brady. I was fine with Hoyer. I have been convinced to be fine with Mallett. If bill and josh pick Tebow over Mallett, then I will try to understand.

Man I can't wait for when Teebs is on the final 53. I can already hear the cacophony of self-righteous histrionics...

I doubt he'd bring those in as starters ahead of Tebow. Hoyer possibly because he knows the system. Tebow running a Tebow package would be so much more productive than Kafka and maybe even Hoyer running the conventional package.

If Hoyer plays 75% as good as mallet played, he will still be 25% better then tebow.

I like the odds of that happening more then Tebow being a starter on this team at any point in 2013/14

LOL. Another disgrace of a thread revolving around our third string and scout team quarterback. Ignored.

Yeah I mean that sounds great 5.4 yards per carry!

Against 3rd stringers, playing vanilla defense.

With brady in the game Yards per carry: 11.87
With mallet in the game yards per carry: 10.28

So sure, His run production was about half as good as when brady was in, and a little better then half as good as when mallet was in.:bricks:

That was just on "option" runs... Didn't count regular runs. Plus don't forget that the Pats had their 3rd stringers in on the OL as well.

LOL. Another disgrace of a thread revolving around our third string and scout team quarterback. Ignored.

wait, a thread about tebow has posts about tebow in it?!?! America, what a country

We need a long-term backup for Brady.

I dunno, I don't think our long-term backup for Brady is on this team. I'm pretty sure Mallett is either going to get traded or sign somewhere else where he has a shot at a starting gig.

I also have dim hopes for Tebow being on this team longterm. I think he's a project that will probably fail, as much as I love the guy, but I don't think they brought him on to end the experiment this soon. But I just don't see him being Steve Young to Brady's Montana and sticking around for 3-5 years.

Man I can't wait for when Teebs is on the final 53. I can already hear the cacophony of self-righteous histrionics...

Pot.....Kettle.....Black

i don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

The idiom "The pot calling the kettle black" is used in a situation where a person is considered guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another.

The pot calling the kettle black - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The idiom "The pot calling the kettle black" is used in a situation where a person is considered guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another.

The pot calling the kettle black - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's probably silly of me to assume someone be familiar with my stance on a topic before labeling me a hypocrite, but I've said Tebow didn't look good and that I don't think this experiment will work out.

This is hardly the stance of someone who is getting primed to flip out if he doesn't make the final 53. Which could be the only outcome which would match your assertion of hypocrisy on my part.

However, I don't think that Bill and Josh would bring in someone and put in a new offense for them unless they were willing to give the experiment a full season at minimum, hence my belief he's here for a full season.

In the future you should probably try to align your attempts at insults and master strokes with reality rather than hitting 'random' on whatever comeback generator you're using in lieu of actual reasoned input.

I so <3 this thread. I really don't care about the Great Tebow War, but we had a 4 page flame war on how to count centuries. Come on, that's gotta count for something.

So in no particular order:

1) If Tebow actually hangs on by his fingernails, he passes Mallet on the depth chart, Brady (God forbid) goes down, and Tebow gets his completion percentage up to 55% and throws more TDs than interceptions -- both lofty goals -- we can dispense with this whole CE and BCE debate. We'll all be living in the Year of our Tim 1.

2) If, on the other hand, they dump him and the same happens to Edelman, it will be Year One of the Julian calendar.

3) How many pages can we do on "Pot, kettle, black"?

4) I for one think that Tebros should stick. It has too much potential to just ignore. U mad Tebro? Don't tase me, Tebro.

5) How did we ever manage to have a guy named Rohan who couldn't get on the field? How many damned LOTR quarterbacks have there ever been in the league?

6) Not to mention Kafka. Someone must have traduced K... So I'm thinking he's still trying to get out of Gillette:

"A man called The Turk tapped K on the shoulder, and told him to come along. They began to walk through darker and darker tunnels beneath the stadium, and K was haunted by the feeling that he was losing himself or wandering into a strange country, farther than ever man had wandered before, a country so strange that not even the air had anything in common with his native air, where one might die of strangeness. Just as the last of the light beneath the stadium was fading, K caught sight of the silhouette of the Turk, disappearing into nothingness, while his ears rustled with the Turk's last whisper, or perhaps a hoarse shout from far away: 'Find Belichick'..."

7) Whoever did that public meltdown with the "Please don't tase me Tebro" stuff in red? Comedy gold.

8) Life's too short for hate, but if you in any way disagree with me you're an aberrant uncle-boffer, etc. etc. etc., Nothing personal.

9) Best thread evah about roster spot #53! :yeeha:

In terms of decision-making and throwing the football, is Tebow more of a poor man's Jamarcus Russell, a bankrupt man's Ryan Leaf, or a homeless man's Curtis Painter? I am having a tough time deciding on the most apt description.

In terms of decision-making and throwing the football, is Tebow more of a poor man's Jamarcus Russell, a bankrupt man's Ryan Leaf, or a homeless man's Curtis Painter? I am having a tough time deciding on the most apt description.

Whichever one of those is the more sexually charged.

That was just on "option" runs... Didn't count regular runs. Plus don't forget that the Pats had their 3rd stringers in on the OL as well.

Fair enough, if we add in all of the run plays, As well as all of the sacks Tebow took(mallet and brady took zero) The average per carry was 2.8 yards per attempt.

With Tebow in the game there is ZERO threat of him throwing and completing a pass.

When Tebow went in, it was with the 2nd stringers.

Whats the next excuse you want to drop, that all of our 2nd and third stringers, and worse then the eagles 2nd and third stringers? How does that explain that Mallets numbers(with the 2nd stringers) were almost twice as good as Tebows? Is it because *GASP* Mallet is a QUARTERBACK, and not a halfback who tries to throw poorly?

Lets go Tebow lovers, Give me some more "reasons" to shut down with actual facts.

Fair enough, if we add in all of the run plays, As well as all of the sacks Tebow took(mallet and brady took zero) The average per carry was 2.8 yards per attempt.

With Tebow in the game there is ZERO threat of him throwing and completing a pass.

When Tebow went in, it was with the 2nd stringers.

Whats the next excuse you want to drop, that all of our 2nd and third stringers, and worse then the eagles 2nd and third stringers? How does that explain that Mallets numbers(with the 2nd stringers) were almost twice as good as Tebows? Is it because *GASP* Mallet is a QUARTERBACK, and not a halfback who tries to throw poorly?

Lets go Tebow lovers, Give me some more "reasons" to shut down with actual facts.

I can't be sure of course, but it's a pretty decent bet that Mallett wasn't hurt by the fact that he's had the Pat's playbook since Spring of 2011 and is part way through his 3rd preseason camp in the Pat's system, while Tebow has had the playbook for 2 months and had fewer than 10 practices in the system ?

I so <3 this thread. I really don't care about the Great Tebow War, but we had a 4 page flame war on how to count centuries. Come on, that's gotta count for something.

So in no particular order:

1) If Tebow actually hangs on by his fingernails, he passes Mallet on the depth chart, Brady (God forbid) goes down, and Tebow gets his completion percentage up to 55% and throws more TDs than interceptions -- both lofty goals -- we can dispense with this whole CE and BCE debate. We'll all be living in the Year of our Tim 1.

Timothy 1:1 -

Paul, an apostle of ************ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord ************, which is our hope;

Perhaps, we are looking in the wrong direction as to who would be the heir apparent to Brady. We need to find a quarterback whose name is Paul.

Penn State Football: Quarterback Paul Jones Hopes To Finally Make The Grade With Nittany Lions

What is wrong with you? Do you think anyone here cares about what we talk about on our board? Why do you care? Do you have some emotional need to stalk members of this board that may be members of our board just because they are a fan of a particular Patriot player?

Listen, no matter what you think of Tim or his fans there is nothing you can do about Tim being a Patriot. Get a grip.

Another thing, if you are going to quote someone that has posted on the internet, it's appropriate to give the link so anyone that doesn't believe you or is interested in what you are talking about can go see for themselves. But you know that don't you. You know you want to spin what is said on our board to your on biases and don't want to give others the opportunity to see if you are full of it or not.

What you may not know Joker, is that any post or comment anyone makes on any board is by default copyrighted and you break copyright protocols by not posting a link to what someone says that you quote. In this case I will let you off the hook and post the link to our boards. If anyone is interested in the quote you posted, it can easily be found by doing a search on our board or Joker can just post the link directly to the quote. Hahaha, based on how much time Joker spends there, he surely knows right where to find the quote and probably has our board bookmarked so posting the link to the quote should be easy for him. The link to our board is Tim Tebow Fan Forum - Portal .

I want to apologize to PatsFans.com's Admins., Mods., and members as this post is off topic, personal, and shouldn't even be necessary except for Joker's insistence on being a nuisance to Tim Tebow fans by selfishly imposing whatever obsession he has with quoting comments from our board.

This will be my only comment in this regard. I trust the Admin/s. and Mods. of PatsFans.com will forgive me for making this off topic and personal comment. Sorry guys. I hope this problem ends. However, if it doesn't end I hope it continues to be as amusing as it has been so far. It is also true that it may not be as amusing to people trying to have civil discussions about Tebow with Joker.
I'll be glad when tebow gets cut.

Re: Re: Why did this team sign Tebow?

In defense of Tebow he does have a legitimate learning disability. As much as his fan base refuses to accept it having dyslexia likely does prevent him from being able to view plays property, process the information quickly and make a proper determination of how to proceed accordingly.

In college his athleticism compensated for his mental handicap unfortunately the NFL is a much faster game and his talent level is not superior to the defenders.

If you look at the body of work of Tom Brady his greatness I mostly attributed to the mental aspects of his game, his quick and decisive decision making, his ability to anticipate the outcome of a play, and his ability to maintain his fundamentals and techniques reputationsly. Brady has never been confused as a freak athlete.

I can't be sure of course, but it's a pretty decent bet that Mallett wasn't hurt by the fact that he's had the Pat's playbook since Spring of 2011 and is part way through his 3rd preseason camp in the Pat's system, while Tebow has had the playbook for 2 months and had fewer than 10 practices in the system ?

I've never played at a professional level, But from what I have experienced, Knowing a playbook hasn't been a major factor in my ability to overthrow players by 20 yards, underthrow players by 5 yards, and freeze up like a deer in the headlights.

Also look at the rookies around the league playing in their first nfl game. They all did better then tebow, under just as much presure, with just as much time in a new offense. thats not an excuse thats feasible. this isnt a discussion about Tebow being as good as mallet and brady, its about how tebow is not good as a QB, period, by any standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes