Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who or what was the most critical factor in the Patriot's loss?

• Brady

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Belichick

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Patricia

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Butler

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Special teams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Officiating

• Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • MVP curse

• Madden curse

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Timberwolves game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Since I am in the "blame" stage of grief, thought I would take a survey of the board:

We don't know what happened. But the uninformed me says BB.

I suggest you erase this thread, and start over with multiple choices type of a poll.

They couldn't get to Foles ...

They could not solve the Eagles jam routes ...

The Eagles O-Line had a great game.
Football has changed a lot but the game is still won and lost in the trenches.

I'd like to select Belichick and Butler. They're both at fault in my opinion. Butler stayed out late (and possibly had/smoked pot) despite recovering from a sickness. The SB is no time for disciplining a player. Bench him to start the game, fine, but not the whole game. If it was truly about football and he thought Rowe was a better option, fine I would get that too, but Rowe and the defense were getting their butts kicked. He should have at least given Butler a shot to see if he could do any better. The loss is on both guys.

benching butler, resulting in moving rowe, which results in chung changing assignment, which results in McCourty changing assignment, which results in bademosi and richards coming in.

They changed the entire defense the day of the superbowl, and didn't tell any of the players why.

The coach is supposed to put the team in the best position to win, and he failed to do so.

Hightower on IR. Collins and Jones playing elsewhere. Overall lack of elite talent and playmakers on that side of the ball and a lack of technique resulting in some wretched tackling.

It all cumulated in what we saw Sunday night.

I voted butler because it’s been revealed he broke not only curfew but had someone in the hotel. Two understood deal breakers. So basically he single handed lay lost the game by doing these things thinking oooh I’m so good I’ll get to play anyways

A defensive game plan that set the defense up to fail and should have been scrapped after halftime but wasn't.

A lot of the choices overlap - Butler/Belichick, Patricia/Belichick

I want to pick Belichick and Butler because I do think he probably has some culpability in not playing.

However since I only have one choice, only one man made the decision to not allow Butler to play, and only one man stood and watched the game and watched his defense get obliterated and still refused to allow one of his best starting CB's out there. And we know Eagles personal were completely bewildered at Chung playing the slot. It was insane and they paid the price.

Philly's OL dominated. That is the reason. All the other crap being talked about does not matter.

That was the best OL I've seen all year. Better than the Steelers, Titans, and Jags all are suppose to have really good OL's- not even close. That is why Philly won and why Foles could hit his receivers and the RB could gain so much yardage.

Put that on your poll.

I voted butler because it’s been revealed he broke not only curfew but had someone in the hotel. Two understood deal breakers. So basically he single handed lay lost the game by doing these things thinking oooh I’m so good I’ll get to play anyways

Personally i don't think a minor rule violation is on the same level is throwing the game by not playing your best players.

Belichick made the most stupid move of his coaching career.

Next question please.

Butler move and the effect it had on the defense and possibly locker room. I still don’t understand why he dressed Butler and not play him. If it was a disciplinary thing, don’t dress him and have someone else play the game, maybe Kenny Britt, maybe he could’ve helped offensively. Who knows. The defense lost the game, they couldn’t stop a high school team on Sunday. I think having Butler playing, might’ve been a 5-7 point swing.

Philly's OL dominated. That is the reason. All the other crap being talked about does not matter.

That was the best OL I've seen all year. Better than the Steelers, Titans, and Jags all are suppose to have really good OL's- not even close. That is why Philly won and why Foles could hit his receivers and the RB could gain so much yardage.

Put that on your poll.
The Patriots still almost matched them in points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back