PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did LT give an attitude? (Calls out BB : Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate that no one caught this on film, or maybe that's a good thing. I'm disappointed that he was doing it over and over and can understand why LT went after him. But the fact that LT called out the entire team is uncalled for. I hope Hobbs zips up his man suit and apologizes for acting like a tit.
Isa this a typo? You mean Tomlinson apologize, don't you.

Merriman does a celebration dance every tackle he makes, gyrating over the field. That's okay with you? You only have a problem when a patriot does it?

Wow, just read through all the comments and cannot believe how many people support Tomlinson's being upset about the Pat's mocking Merriman's dance and saying his team would never disresepct another one that way.

How long has it been since Merriman sent Jason Taylor a box of popcorn so Taylor could watch the playoffs at home? This is showing respect?

Sorry, Tomlinson is a hypocrit of the worst sort.

well i am an LT fan and wish he had not said that, but i think he was just upset about the loss more than anything

Merriman is the guy i have no respect for, he dances talks trash used roids...and where was he in the 2nd half? did not hear his name mentioned at all

Tomlinson stands up in a press conference after the game and says, "I'm a very classy person." Isn't that for others to decide? Saying that about one's self suggests the contrary. My impression was that he's a bit immature and a sore loser.

Last edited:
If he had any class, he would not have made the "starts with the coach" comment. Bill had nothing to do with it. That was classless.

If he had any class, he would not have made the "starts with the coach" comment. Bill had nothing to do with it. That was classless.

After reading this entire thread I think the most salient point is IF the Pats had lost....what would the Chargers have done to "mock" the Pats????

Answer...nothing because no one does anything like Merrimans ******ed dance which IS NOTHING BUT ATTENTION GETTING LOOK AT ME YOU SUCK TYPE of antics. SO the Chargers are pissed because they threw Merrimans stupid dance back in his face? I'm sorry but if you didn't do such stupid things in the first place you would give nothing for the other team to "make fun of". so where is the "classlessness" start from then?

also, chad johnson did the same thing earlier this year and nobody called him out on it

Tomlinson was just upset. Let's cut him some slack. After all, he has a great reputation and played an outstanding game. The frustration just go the better of him. Also, he said,

“I thought we were going to take control of it,” Tomlinson said. “But they stepped up and made more plays at the end of the game than we did.”

“It's disappointing, very disappointing,” Tomlinson said. “What can you say? We lost to a better team today.”

Re: Why did LT give an attitude?

i think the celebration might have been unnecessary and ticked LT off. who knows.

i feel bad for LT though..works so hard..doesnt speak out. accomplished so much but he would trade all the awards and pro bowls for a SB trophy.

Think about all the opposing fans of the teams in San Diego's conference who LOVED the Patriots doing the Merriman dance! They had to watch that sob do it all year. The Patriots had to listen to the press talk endlessly about Merriman all week. And what factor did he play in yesterday's game?....NONE, NADA, ZERO!!!

There is ton of emotion that goes into an NFL playoff game and no team puts more emotion into their efforts than the Patriots. So when I ask myself if doing the Merriman dance at the end of the game was a classless act, I say, NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

After reading this entire thread I think the most salient point is IF the Pats had lost....what would the Chargers have done to "mock" the Pats????

Answer...nothing because no one does anything like Merrimans ******ed dance which IS NOTHING BUT ATTENTION GETTING LOOK AT ME YOU SUCK TYPE of antics. SO the Chargers are pissed because they threw Merrimans stupid dance back in his face? I'm sorry but if you didn't do such stupid things in the first place you would give nothing for the other team to "make fun of". so where is the "classlessness" start from then?

BEST POST IN THIS THREAD AWARD!! Great point! If the Chargers hadn't banned me from their fan site, I'd go right over and post your answer on their smack shack section where they're all crying about how arrogant we are!

Last edited:
heard on mike and mike today morning on this...their take..
"grow up" "its okay for merriman to mock his fallen opponent but not okay for the team which conquered merriman to mock his dance?"

heard on mike and mike today morning on this...their take..
"grow up" "its okay for merriman to mock his fallen opponent but not okay for the team which conquered merriman to mock his dance?"

Greenberg HATES the Pats (huge Jet fn). Grain of salt.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/players/01/25/pile0131/

"IKE REESE, Eagles Linebacker

"When we played the Patriots last year [Eagles running back] Brian Westbrook fumbled a punt, and we were all down there scrambling for it. [Patriots linebacker] Mike Vrabel had my testicles in his hand, and he was squeezing them."

Is that classy?

Or is it just football?

That is good clean "classy football"!! It's the way games have been played for decades. Hell, when I played high school football (glory days!!) I used to throw a couple of concealed punches to the sternim here & there...maybe a forearm shiver or two. Football is like a controlled fight and every play is a battle until the whistle blows!

I think it was funny when LT was talking about doing it THERE...like there is something scared about THEIR stadium or somethig..I mean to do it there in THEIR house..he didn't say it but how much audacity to beat us HERE!!!
What a LOSER!! Funny how the Lights out man can dance and do everything when the Chargers croak their opponents..but they lsoe one can NOT?? Payback..plain simple..Mr Class just showed what he really is...

One emotional comment by an opposing player after a devastating loss and this entire board goes up in flames... it is funny how defensive some of you people get.

Like LT gives a crap what some idiot Pats fans think about him. LT has more credibility among fans and players in the league than anyone on the Patriots. That is Fact. Most people outisde of Patsland will agree with his assessment.

And he has a point. The Patriots like to give the "appearance" of class and respect and fair play but under Belichick they have always adopted an attitude of win-at-all-costs, slit-your-enemy's-throat-then-dance-on-their-corpses. That is why they have been so successful. So just embrace the fact that your team is classless and winners nonetheless.

That is, until next week when you get smoked by the Colts. Ha.

Is that a nice way of calling the Patriots "classless cheaters"? "Win at all costs"?...isn't that what teams are "SUPPOSED" to do?

Look, Chargers fans are by far, the most over-sensitive fans I've seen. I joined their site last week and posted several aggressive replies to bs "statistical facts" posted by Chargers fans and as a result, I was banned "Forever" from their site. I never used profanity, schoolyard insults or insulted their team, their fans or their city. I was banned because I stood up for the Patriots...end of story. They were acting like THEY were the team of champions and destiny was theirs and I called them to the mat and told them who they were up against and that THE CHARGERS WILL LOSE and now I'm banned.

To the following list of Chargers fans;
Aarostotle, SuperCharger21, punkitty, Shamrock, Compubolt, BoltCorpse and Charger Dave

How do ya like our New England Clam Chow-dah now? :D

Greenberg HATES the Pats (huge Jet fn). Grain of salt.

he actually said ..no one would love to trash BB more than himself but LT wasnt correct here...

he actually said ..no one would love to trash BB more than himself but LT wasnt correct here...

I know....the late night guy on ESPN Radio, Jason Smith, had the same theme before them.

if Belichick is classless, how come he's not talking trash about the Chargers. Marty Schottenheimer did after their victory over the Pats last year, saying we had lost too much. Brady fired back in a weekly press conference, and we ended up winning the division while they didn't even qualify for the postseason.

Maybe it's a stretch to say Schottenheimer is classless, but I have never heard Belichick criticize another team, or even talk about our previous opponent during the week after the game.

This is off topic, but I couldn't hear the announcers too well- how come that fumble by the receiver with the cowboy collar (lol) wasn't challenged? And Gates definetly fumbled, he pulled it in and then was going to reach over the line and dropped it- his facial expression tells you that he knew he fumbled.

"This is off topic, but I couldn't hear the announcers too well- how come that fumble by the receiver with the cowboy collar (lol) wasn't challenged? And Gates definetly fumbled, he pulled it in and then was going to reach over the line and dropped it- his facial expression tells you that he knew he fumbled.

mcknice- they ruled it incomplete because the receiver did not make a "football move" so he never had possession hence- no fumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back