PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why can't they make Monday Night Football great again

I thought mnf and snf switched places. Back in the day mnf used to be the marquis matchup and snf was usually some lame divisional matchup except in rare cases where 1 or both teams ended up being alot better than they were supposed to

It's such a disaster. Howard Cosell is rolling over in his grave.
Sadly, the man who created it and could fix it today, Roone Arledge, passed away in 2002.
ra4.jpg

MNF has really become a train wreck.

Leaving ABC was a big mistake.

Letting Al Michaels go was a colossal mistake.

They already had to modify that stupid cart Booger was on due to complaints of it blocking the view for the people attending the game.

The halftime “performances” are lame and pointless. As the article pointed out, Tessitore saying he’s “all in for ‘Bad Bunny’” was cringe worthy.

Those graphics are creepy.

The updated version of the MNF theme to reach “millennials” is horrendous. But nothing was worse then this sh!t show below. Whoever thought this theme would pump fans up for football, probably isn’t in the TV business anymore.

Last edited:
It's overkill. We've got Thursday night, 1pm and 4pm Sunday, red zone for all of it, and then Sunday night. I'm supposed to get up for 6-8 Denver v 3-11 Oakland after all this? MNF was a thing because it was THE game of the week. Now I have two prime time games, plus my own team to root for... and I can watch it all commercial free on RedZone. By the time Monday rolls around, I am "on to my work week". The only way MNF comes back is if it is the only prime time game of the week, like it was back in the day.

One other thing, Tessitor, Whitten and McFarland are horrible. They make me want to watch netflix.

I thought mnf and snf switched places. Back in the day mnf used to be the marquis matchup and snf was usually some lame divisional matchup except in rare cases where 1 or both teams ended up being alot better than they were supposed to
That's exactly what happened. MNF used to be the (predicted) marquee matchup.

One other thing, Tessitor, Whitten and McFarland are horrible. They make me want to watch netflix.
This actually happened with me on Monday night. I turned on Netflix after watching 5 minutes of the game.

The only way MNF comes back is if it is the only prime time game of the week, like it was back in the day

I agree with this crucial point...for me that would be the reason for a real strong interest to "wait" MNF

Monday Night Football - Wikipedia

In 2011, ESPN extended its contract for the show for an additional eight seasons, giving it rights to the broadcasts until 2021. The new deal, valued around US$15 billion, also gives ESPN rights to expanded highlights, international, and streaming rights.

Could ESPN really bail on Monday Night Football after 2021?

When cord-cutters put a dent in cable television’s subscriber base, ESPN was stuck with giant rights deals and a somewhat murky future. As Miller points out, the network could free up a whole lot of cash by letting the NFL walk away.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back