PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are the Patriots so hated - because we fans defend/explain their actions FAR MORE THAN THEY DO

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Has Bill Belichick, to this very day, ever sat with the media and explained what Spygate was all about??
Nah, Bill granted one interview but basically Belichick has never sat and explained to John Q Public/the media what "that" was.
Do you think that silence has greatly enhanced the "legend" (stain) of Spygate??

You bet it has!!

And now we have Deflategate.
This one lands not only on the head coach but DIRECTLY on the QB.
Bill Belichick does not care if the football is full of hot air or stuffed with feathers........but the QB does.
TOM BRADY needs to sit and explain this.
11 out of 12 footballs deflated by 2 lbs below league rule is ON THE QB.
He's the one handling/throwing the damn ball.
Tom Brady needs to sit and explain.

Do it sooner rather than later and do it honestly and this story by and large goes away.

Continue to act like you're above it all and this " cheatin' " stain is a permanent mark on this franchise.

We Patriot fans are tired of defending this franchise FAR MORE than this franchise has ever defended itself.

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Has Bill Belichick, to this very day, ever sat with the media and explained what Spygate was all about??
Nah, Bill granted one interview but basically Belichick has never sat and explained to John Q Public/the media what "that" was.
Do you think that silence has greatly enhanced the "legend" (stain) of Spygate??

You bet it has!!

And now we have Deflategate.
This one lands not only on the head coach but DIRECTLY on the QB.
Bill Belichick does not care if the football is full of hot air or stuffed with feathers........but the QB does.
TOM BRADY needs to sit and explain this.
11 out of 12 footballs deflated by 2 lbs below league rule is ON THE QB.
He's the one handling/throwing the damn ball.
Tom Brady needs to sit and explain.

Do it sooner rather than later and do it honestly and this story by and large goes away.

Continue to act like you're above it all and this " cheatin' " stain is a permanent mark on this franchise.

We Patriot fans are tired of defending this franchise FAR MORE than this franchise has ever defended itself.

Byeee

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

You're no more embarassing than usual. Are you going to switch from the Jets to the Bills now that Rexy's moved?
This Jets obsession is lame and immature and embarrassing.
Much like you.
Care to address the rather important and timely topic at hand or is that way over the head of your pom pom mentality??

It's been reported multiple teams are pissed off that the colts whined to to the league about this. Should those teams come out and explain this?

Which? I didn't hear this

Also, this thread sucks.

Belichick doesn't dance to the media's strings, nor should he, because the media is scum and Belichick is a great football coach.

Tom Brady doesn't have to `explain` anything

Thanks. No definitive answer on who?

Speculation so far has pointed to the Packers and Giants (because both QBs have gone on record essentially saying that they also tamper with footballs to some extent).

It's in three parts;

As I said in my original comments (that you conveniently skipped over) he granted one interview. A national story, a record slapdown by the league, in person apologies to his team and to the owners and Belichick gives ONE interview on the subject. Wow!!!

The Patriots did a terrible job with their handling of SpyGate.
We'll see how they do this time around.

Do people really think that if Belichick or Kraft went on a media blitz to defend themselves that the media perception would change one iota?

The haters will just spin it that they are trying to cover it up.

Do people really think that if Belichick or Kraft went on a media blitz to defend themselves that the media perception would change one iota?

The haters will just spin it that they are trying to cover it up.
It would have helped. What also would have helped is if Goodell had never destroyed the tapes and those were made available for all to see.
Shedign light on a situation is never a bad thing.
Belichick did a MUCH better job addressing Deflategate than he ever did with SpyGate.

It would have helped. What also would have helped is if Goodell had never destroyed the tapes and those were made available for all to see.
Shedign light on a situation is never a bad thing.
Belichick did a MUCH better job addressing Deflategate than he ever did with SpyGate.

I've said this before and I will say it again, Belichick and Kraft speaking will only satisfy the Patriots' fan base. Go look at PFT's comments on Belichick's press conference transcript. The nicest thing non-Patriots fans have to say is that Belichick threw Brady under the bus.

As I said in my original comments (that you conveniently skipped over) he granted one interview. A national story, a record slapdown by the league, in person apologies to his team and to the owners and Belichick gives ONE interview on the subject. Wow!!!

Conveniently skipped over? Not really. I misunderstood your point and was actually trying to help. Sorry if it bothered you.

The only people doing a poor job of handling CryGate are Pats fans. I expect the losers to cry about our team and HC, but not our own fans.

Nothing was conveniently left out. I misunderstood and thought you were looking for the interview and Belichick's response. Sorry if it bothered you.

The people who aren't handling CryGate well are some Pats fans. I expect the losers to cry, but not our own fans.

I trust that our owner, HC and QB know what they're doing.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back