PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's best equipped to beat us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We go 12-4 because it's hubris to say otherwise. I don't see any specific team really equipped to beat us. SD is still scary, as are Baltimore and Indy. We're the "team to beat" on paper. Indy is the team to beat by virtue of their champion status. We can also lose the division, if our guys let them think of themselves the way we think of them. In the past, they've been pretty sharp about not doing so.

All that said: I have never seen a Pats team this talented. Two years is far, far too long between super bowl victories. Even one was too much.

Going by the offseason, I would definitely say (to the rest of the league), you poor bastards.

2001-2004? We were just getting warmed up.

PFnV

San Diego. Best OL/TE/RB combo with a decent QB and young speedsters on the outside. On D, the front 7 is superb and the secondary is up and coming. Coaching is a questionmark, but the talent is good enough to make the postseason and once there, I'd be surprised if Norv coached a game worse than Marty did last January. Remember, Norv (as OC) knew how to run Emmitt Smith down opponents' throats in those Cowboys title years and I'm sure he's drooling at the thought of having LT2 do the same.

Honorable mentions:

The Colts lost both CBs, Cato June and can't count on coming back from a 21-3 deficit every January. Payton is a much better QB than he was in the '03/'04 postseasons and thus always gives his team a chance, but I think the D losses are too much to overcome.

The Ravens are stout on D, but it seems like the game can be forced into McNair's hands come January and he's not the same MVP-caliber player he was four years ago. I can see them losing in January exactly like they did last year.

The wildcard is Denver. Shanny is a good coach, has a very good D (not Patriots/Chargers/Ravens good, but still very good) and seems to churn out a 1000yd rusher no matter who lines up behind that cut-blocking OL. If Cutler can do well and not suffer a sophmore slump, Denver could be a b1tch come January, especially if they host a game.

I'm not sure any other team in the AFC is a title contender, at least as of now. Let's see how any further moves shake out.

Regards,
Chris

Chargers, except were gonna catch them early and it will take time for them to get on the same page with all new coaches.

Dolphins, in miami of course.

after that i'm not worried about anyone else.
We will destroy the colts. Trust me on that.

If they did go 16 games undeafeated I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Seems like some of you forget we once won 21 in a row, against very good oppents.

Everyone needs to stay healthy of course.
On paper this looks like the best Pats team ever, now we just have to see how that translates on the field.

If the pats only win 11 games in the regular season, they will not win the superbowl.

Why is that? They've done it before!
Of course it would be nice to get 14 wins and home field advantage but things happen. With that said though, I would be a little disappointed if they only get 11 wins with all this talent this year. Just hoping no major injuries happen. Please.

Pulling it out? Sure, but, IMO SD is also "eqipped to beat us(Pats)".
"Us". You're a Colts troll. Why would you pretend to be a Pats fan? Either talk football from the perspective of a Colts fan or crawl back underneath your bridge at the IndyStar forum troll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore