PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who wins the MVP? Brady or Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
For me it's pretty clear cut that Brady should win
stats are close, the fact that Brady only has 2 int's is huge: Brady 28 TD/2 int, 3500 yards, QB rating 112.2 vs Ryan 38 TD/7 int 4900 yards, 117.1

but here is where it starts to separate:
Wins: Brady 11 wins in 12 games, Ryan 11 wins in 16 games
Cold Weather games: in the last 8 games of the season, Brady played no -indoor games and only San Fran and Miami were in warm weather cities. Ryan played 3 indoor games, 4 in warm weather and 1 in Philly where he struggled. Stats are a bit inflated for Ryan

sacks: Brady took 15 sacks vs Ryan 37

The media doesn't like the Pats so they will push for Ryan, but Brady should win it.

The regular season MVP will almost certainly be Matt Ryan and most of us seem to be fine with that.

Even if you factor in the extra 4 games, Ryan is throwing for an average of 350 yards in those games (had 1,400 more yards).

A much more important award will go to the victor next Sunday night, along with the star player from that game.

If MVP is defined as how much the team will suck without said player it's Ryan IMO

I mean I could be biased, but I think Brady should win it based off the numbers. The fact that he does this every year with the core around him. I mean if you were to put the same QB on the falcons and on the patriots this year, he'd probably have more success on the falcons just because of the amount of talent they have... but from the sounds of it (media, sports analysts, the first mvp poll, all pro team) it seems that Ryan will win

If MVP is defined as how much the team will suck without said player it's Ryan IMO
Yep, the whole "3-1" opening to the season with the third string QB may go against Tom for the reason you suggested.

Also, anyone on the fence is likely much more inclined to go with someone like Ryan, who has not experienced this type of success yet (as of this post). The suspension may also have negative influence for some. Others may start to become numb to Brady's success, which is yet another variable.

Note: none of this is meant to take away from Ryan's amazing season and that alone should be the sole determining factor, in my opinion. Im just listing some other factors, too.

Julio Jones all year.

Gronkowski for 4 games.

Just something to be taken into consideration.

I think they would vote for Olivia munns boyfriend before Brady, but I expect he will get a few votes. Football isn't as bad as baseball in terms of MVP narrative but its still there.

Julio Jones all year.

Gronkowski for 4 games.

Just something to be taken into consideration.
Julio missed 2 games. Games where Julio has under 75 yards we are 7 n 1

Edit. I'll go a little deeper. 13 receivers caught TD passes. 10 had 2 or more. Both NFL records. Highest ypa in 20 years.

Edit. I'll go a little deeper. 13 receivers caught TD passes. 10 had 2 or more. Both NFL records. Highest ypa in 20 years.

Good to know. I wrote this at work and planned to fact check it but got called away.

Good to know. I wrote this at work and planned to fact check it but got called away.
Julio drawing double coverage and even triple coverage at times jus by being there is definitely an effect though. I definitely want no part of gronk

Matthew "frozen water" Ryan

Gronk and Brady definitely played in more games than 4. I think it was at least 6.

We know they played together in the 3 consecutive AFCN games when Tom came back. We know he played in the Seattle game because of how it ended. We also know that the NYJ are in there, because that's the game he was injured in. I'm pretty sure there was one other in there, as well.

I have always given credit to Brady because of how he spreads the ball around. He can have 8 different receivers catch passes and three different players getting TDs and I can still hear Gronk or Edelman security blanket criticisms after the game.

Anyway, that Ryan has spread the ball around is a real compliment to him as a qb no doubt and very deserving of recognition.

Gronk and Brady definitely played in more games than 4. I think it was at least 6.

We know they played together in the 3 consecutive AFCN gagmes when Tom came back. We know he played in the Seattle game because of how it ended. We also know that the NYJ are in there, because that's the game he was injured in. I'm pretty sure there was one other in there, as well.

Looks like Gronk played in 5 full games with Brady and was injured after 2 targets in the Jets game.

Someone on the radio kept talking about trading Gronk because he only played 8 games healthy this year.

He was probably understating the number for effect and I did my math off that.

My bad.

Point is still valid in that Brady was without his elite target for 7 of his 12 games.

It doesn't make him MVP but is another factor to take into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call