Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What impactful player will the Patriots add?

• Marvin Jones

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Golden Tate

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Braxton Miller

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Kendall Wright

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Waiver wire Jag

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Ray Lewis might of hurt some people.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Goodell suspends Brady for lack of wrs

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tate is the player I really want, but I’m not too hopeful it will happen.

He wasn't signed or traded. He was drafted when there wasn't a tangible threat

Drafting is also adding. And he dropped because of character issues. The idea that the Patriots only take clean cut players is total crap, they have brought in plenty of character issues over the years. I don’t believe Gordon will be one of them but that’s because he is incredibly unreliable, and that’s something Belichick really hates

I know hes a hot mess but his talent is undeniable.

If he can get even 1/2 way on the same page as Tom by November hes a steal.
What are the chances he would last until November without checking himself in somewhere or being suspended again?
20? Less?

What are the chances he would last until November without checking himself in somewhere or being suspended again?
20? Less?
Its hard not to gamble on greatness
With a clear head he could be the top wr in the NFL by a large margin.
Its hard to think if he ends up in Bradys circle with Gronk Jules White Josh and Bill that he wouldnt rise to the occassion.

20? Less?
Yea and thats why I put the conditional picks in.

Hes a mess but if he works out this is a different offense.

The Lions and Packers both kept extra WRs in their initial roster, which could mean Golden Tate or Randall Cobb, but could also just as easily mean T.J. Jones or Trevor Davis.

We will have 2 roster spots after Izzo is put on IR. Also, I think that we have too many corners, 7 including McCourty, who is certainly good enough to be considered a #5 corner.

LIKELY OPTIONS (choosing all 3 would require cutting a CB, an alterative cut, or putting another on IR)
1) sign Bolden
2) add a WR (probably through trade)
3) add a backup OL, an emergency #4 OL (Croston or replacement). I suspect a vet.

Last edited:
Its hard not to gamble on greatness
With a clear head he could be the top wr in the NFL by a large margin.
Its hard to think if he ends up in Bradys circle with Gronk Jules White Josh and Bill that he wouldnt rise to the occassion.
But it’s naive. Bringing him here costs something but that’s the smaller issue. Integrating him into the team, developing your offense around him, benching someone else, only to have him flake, sets your team backward.

The Lions and Packers both kept extra WRs in their initial roster, which could mean Golden Tate or Randall Cobb, but could also just as easily mean T.J. Jones or Trevor Davis.
Could mean they are just keeping them also.

Yea and thats why I put the conditional picks in.

Hes a mess but if he works out this is a different offense.
If he doesn’t youve set the team back.
There are 20 weeks until the SB. Do you want to spend some of them on a guy who isn’t likely to make it 20 weeks?

If he doesn’t youve set the team back.
There are 20 weeks until the SB. Do you want to spend some of them on a guy who isn’t likely to make it 20 weeks?

It depends on who is the alternative. If we are talking about a deal for Cobbs and Tate, i'll take those guys over Junkie Josh.

If we are talking about some JAG or watching Dorsett suck, Gordon is worth the stretch.

It depends on who is the alternative. If we are talking about a deal for Cobbs and Tate, i'll take those guys over Junkie Josh.

If we are talking about some JAG or watching Dorsett suck, Gordon is worth the stretch.
I’m fine with what we have and am not panicking over the first 4 weeks.

I cant say no to Gordon it be tough but moot point Cleveland wont part with him.
I dont believe a conditonal second could even pry him awaym

Just looking at previous pre-draft visits, Leonte Carroo, Daniel Braverman, Keenan Reynolds, Roger Lewis, Amara Darboh are some names that spring to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents