PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will have the worse career as a QB: JaMarcus Russell or Tim Tebow?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Worse QB: Tebow or Russell?

• Tim Tebow

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • JaMarcus Russell

Votes: 56 98.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Simple question... but they will definitely have different situations. JaMarcus has gotten so much playing time simply because of where he was drafted. I don't think that is going to happen with Tebow (not to mention teams may not even give him a chance at QB).

Seems that Tebow has become this boards most popular subject... I think Russell will be the worse QB

Yeah its real simple, while Tebow is still an unknown quantity as a pro its pretty safe to say JM is a total bust. Even if tebow becomes a capable back up he'll have had a better career

Last edited:
Tebow has character, work ethic, and loves the game. Russell only seems to be interested in what the game will bring him (fame, bling, etc).

Count on Tebow to be busting his behind to improve the best and worst aspects of his game while Russell is smoking weed and eating skittles on the couch while playing Xbox.

Last edited:
I think it would be apropo to say who would have a worse career in terms of two QBs like Tebow and McCoy than Russell who has been a failure as a pro already.

Tebow would be hard pressed to be worse than JR,even if it takes him years to develop.

Its not like Russell all of a sudden is going to become Ken The Snake...hes a bum

Last edited:
Tebow has character, work ethic, and loves the game. Russell only seems to be interested in what the game will bring him (fame, bling, etc).

Count on Tebow to be busting his behind to improve the best and worst aspects of his game while Russell is smoking weed and eating skittles on the couch while playing Xbox.

Give Tebow Russell's arm and you quite possibly have a record all-pro, probowl QB.

I don't even think Tebow will be a quarterback and I still think he'll be a better one than Russell. Russell is just an EPIC bust.

Give Tebow Russell's arm and you quite possibly have a record all-pro, probowl QB.

In general I think arm strength is vastly over-rated for QBs, but if Tebow can correct some of his mechanical issues he'll have quite a throw. He's gotten decent velocity on the ball with a less than stellar delivery, this tells me he's capable of generating a ton of energy given the losses through mechanical inefficiency.

Once he improves his coordination and gets comfortable with it I suspect he'll have a real rifle arm.

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I do believe Tebow will be extremely successul, no matter what position he plays, for what ever team he plays. I can certainly understand why many "hate" on this guy, but reality is reality. He is a winner, and how could so many be so wrong in their opinions of him?

The guy just wants to win, and by all accounts (including BB) would be willing to play any position including DT!:eek: Heart>Measurables (not that he doesn't have those as well)

Last edited:
Russell's already proven himself to be worthy of playing for the Raiders. I'd give Tebow the benefit of the doubt, doubt he's going to show up looking like a nose tackle anytime soon.

Russell's already proven himself to be worthy of playing for the Raiders. I'd give Tebow the benefit of the doubt, doubt he's going to show up looking like a nose tackle anytime soon.

That was just a little jab reguarding BB's opinion of Tebow... claiming he believes the guy would line up at DT if you asked him too, at the owners meetings.

Jamarcus Russel = Ryan Leaf
Tim Tebow = Michael Bishop

Pick your poison.

In general I think arm strength is vastly over-rated for QBs, but if Tebow can correct some of his mechanical issues he'll have quite a throw. He's gotten decent velocity on the ball with a less than stellar delivery, this tells me he's capable of generating a ton of energy given the losses through mechanical inefficiency.

Once he improves his coordination and gets comfortable with it I suspect he'll have a real rifle arm.

He needs to put more velocity on his intermediate throws too. Tebow has a tendency to float those types of throws a little too often. At Florida, he had pretty good receivers to bail him out of those attempts. However, I can't see him being successful that way in the pros. He's shown that he has a cannon from his downfield throws, he just needs to put more zip on throws within 15-20 yards.

He needs to put more velocity on his intermediate throws too. Tebow has a tendency to float those types of throws a little too often. At Florida, he had pretty good receivers to bail him out of those attempts. However, I can't see him being successful that way in the pros. He's shown that he has a cannon from his downfield throws, he just needs to put more zip on throws within 15-20 yards.

Unless you can throw a frozen rope on those intermediate and out patterns, you're going to get picked off a LOT in the NFL.

At a reported 290lbs.... (lately)

that NT comment makes little sense.... he is almost NT size give or take 50lbs:)

Tebow would have to murder someone to have a worse career.

I refuse to think about "TimBow" anymore.... I'm praying Buffalo or Jacksonville drafts this holier-than-thou fraud.

He is the opposite of Flutie: Flutie was too small that could throw, Tebow has all the requisite size and speed and CAN'T throw......

He'll be crushed like a grape when he tries to run out of the pocket........

Sour grapes from me? Nope, just the way I see it. We'll all find out soon enuff, just "praying" it's NOT with the Patriots!

JaMarcus Russell is the biggest bust of all time.

There isnt a chance on Earth Tebow will be able to match that.

JaMarcus Russell is the biggest bust of all time.

There isnt a chance on Earth Tebow will be able to match that.

If Tebow doesn't play a snap at QB (or even minimal snaps), I would say Russell would then have had a better QB career.

I refuse to think about "TimBow" anymore.... I'm praying Buffalo or Jacksonville drafts this holier-than-thou fraud.

He is the opposite of Flutie: Flutie was too small that could throw, Tebow has all the requisite size and speed and CAN'T throw......

He'll be crushed like a grape when he tries to run out of the pocket........

Sour grapes from me? Nope, just the way I see it. We'll all find out soon enuff, just "praying" it's NOT with the Patriots!

He has 88 TDs to 16 INTs, the same as Sam Bradford, I think he can throw a little better than you're giving him credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes