PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be this year's Surprise Cut in Camp?

It’s a deep position and I see White as perhaps the most valuable and most difficult to replace.
Depends on how Bill, McD & Ivan collectively feel about Michel's progress in the passing attack...And considering his recent circumstances, I feel that the only team to which Bill would think about trading Sweet Feet is Tampa.

Folk was virtually money last season hitting 90% +.

The best college season that Nordin ever had was 80%.
Nick Folk has hit between 92.9% and 54.5% since he came into the league in 2007, averaging 80.23%.

Last edited:
Depends on how Bill, McD & Ivan collectively feel about Michel's progress in the passing attack...And considering his recent circumstances, I feel that the only team to which Bill would think about trading Sweet Feet is Tampa.
I see Michel as most likely to be traded but I think he has more value here than he would bring in a trade (late pick?). That is a moving target of course.

After last night, my surprise Cut candidate is Justin Herron...I thought that Cachoo was better at RT than he was at LT; and Sherman didn't suck at RG either...I can absolutely imagine Bill keeping only 8 OLmen on the 53 in order to keep as many RBs & TEs as possible.

James white. Love the guy. I think they go JJ and move on White.
White is better than JJ and his 2021 cap hit is $1.2M.

Comparing college records is ok background info; to see IF Nordin COULD end up as consistent as Folk eventually.

But more important is what Folk is NOW to what Nordin Could Be this season and the eventual. Unfortunately comparing 3-yard college XP to 15-yd nfl is no comparison. And UofM didn’t kick 23-yd Figgies, they stuffed it in for 6.

Comparing college records is ok background info; to see IF Nordin COULD end up as consistent as Folk eventually.

But more important is what Folk is NOW to what Nordin Could Be this season and the eventual. Unfortunately comparing 3-yard college XP to 15-yd nfl is no comparison. And UofM didn’t kick 23-yd Figgies, they stuffed it in for 6.
I think Folk stays on injured list for first few games, nordin gets real ‚under fire‘ tryout, then (hopefully) Folk gets traded to WFt or some other non-jete/non-top competitors

Nick Folk has hit between 92.9% and 54.5% since he came into the league in 2007, averaging 80.23%.
Folk missed 2 FGs and had his best season ever last year. I dont care about 10 years ago.

Folk missed 2 FGs and had his best season ever last year. I dont care about 10 years ago.
That is fine although he certainly has shown to be quite inconsistent in the past year to year. Great one year, terrible the next. Couple that with his age and you at the least have to take that into consideration when you make your decision.

I think Folk stays on injured list for first few games, nordin gets real ‚under fire‘ tryout, then (hopefully) Folk gets traded to WFt or some other non-jete/non-top competitors

Unfortunately there is no injured list for Folk at be on during the regular season without being part of the original 53 man roster.

Cam it is!

Lulz. CNN came so close. They had this photo on their webpage as the teaser for their story about potential surprise cuts. And they picked Harry.

8547DFB4-8E55-4884-A0D4-2004403DE889.jpeg

I think this could very well ba season where no trade/cut's is a real surprise. And I say that because, outside of some of the FAs and high draft picks, there's nobody else for whom getting cut would be a real surprise upon reflection. Some examples:

Hightower? Older player who is being highly paid, and is coming back after missing a full year.
Winovich? Underachieving pain in the coach's ass
Newton? Losing out to a rookie who plays a much different style of QB might be too much to keep him around
Brown? Historical motivation problems
Michel? May not be needed if the rookie shows out quickly
etc...
Still not surprised.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots