Replies:
Asking for your support

Week 1 MVP

• Total voters

Batman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Poll who you believe was our MVP

Danny Anendola. 10 catches great effort after looking like his injury was going to hold him back. Truly manned up today.

Julian Edleman 7 catches 2TD's a guy Brady clearly has faith in. Also now leader in P/R average in NFL career.

Shane Vareen 100 yard game a bunch of catches fell forward huge run to put us in better FG range while staying in bounds

Kyle Arrington 4 solo tackle 2FF good coverage all game.

Gostkowski 3/3 48,33 and 35 kicking in high pressure situation.

it was Brady and its not even close IMO he was perfect on that last drive and played a great game

All the players listed are deserving and in their own ways stepped up to help the Patriots to victory. If I'm forced to pick one, I'd have to go with Shane Vereen. Just given the circumstances of how he was thrust into the game and his resounding response to being thrown into the fire.

He showed us all that he could be the lead dog if given the chance and the trust to be also. That said, like stated above, any/all of these guys deserve a game ball for their efforts. Just a total team win all around.

For an ugly game there are actually quite a few MVP worthy plays and players (I assume we are looking beyond Tom Brady who should always be considered?)

My choice is Amendola - he made the "must catch" third down grabs that Welker always seemed to miss in big situations

I voted for Edelman, but any of Brady, Amendola or Gostowski could have been it too. But, when the chips were down, Brady went, for 2 TD throws, to an old reliable whom he thought would be there to make the catch.

I chose Vareen but man Amendola has great hands...

Vereen.

Vereen

Vereen.

How could TFB not be listed? Clearly the MVP. Took a vicious beating from Buff defenders, but came back clutch, threading the needle repeatedly. Had any throw not been perfect, we'd have lost the game. Numerous TD catch opportunities missed by KT and Edelperson. I voted for DA given that Tommy Boy was not on the list.

Kudos to all listed.

Let's put it down to a great team win.

Still, the offense will need time to get the kids up to speed and let's hope a healthy Gronk comes back in 2-4 weeks to help out. i think you have to love the way Vereen stepped it up when he became the primary back. And, Brady was spot on. Even if it didn't seem like. The OL seemed inconsistent. a few plays he could have knit sweaters and several he had no time (between the quick rush of Buffalo and the fact he kept getting low snaps...which has to affect vision of the field).

But all in all Defense put the offense in a position to win.

Amendola's third down catch on the last drive sealed it for him IMO.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back