PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who don't you want at 14?

Save my iPad, no Brian Branch, no skinny twig legs, no tree parts whatsoever and no T-Rex arms!!

IMG_1062.jpeg

Last edited:
Or an over-aged Strong Safety from a division 3 school when there's a Pro Bowl CB still available.
That Belichick trying to show off how smart he thinks he is—smarter than everyone else.

Why not Zay Flowers? I am just curious; I really don't know him well except for the good press he has been getting
I mentioned him because he is getting linked to us by the media or whatever, I think 14 is too early for him , I can see him anywhere after pick 20 and I mean I really like him as a player just not at 14 like the thread title asked

I mentioned him because he is getting linked to us by the media or whatever, I think 14 is too early for him , I can see him anywhere after pick 20 and I mean I really like him as a player just not at 14 like the thread title asked

Agreed. At 14 you hope for an impact player. Flowers is a nice or very good player.

OK, understood about Flowers. What you said makes sense. I sure hope that when the Patriots move back, their guys are still there.

OK, understood about Flowers. What you said makes sense. I sure hope that when the Patriots move back, their guys
OK, that makes sense. I hope that the Patriots don't try to get too clever with their moves down the board and lose the guys they want...as may have happened last year.

Isn't there a lacrosse star in this draft? Catnip for BB. There is also the Princeton WR, Andrei Losivas....more catnip.

Yes 100%. Disappointed would be an understatement. He got owned by Ohio state. Watched specifically to see him play against the big boys and he was neutralized in every way imaginable. Not even sure if he is a 2nd round talent.

If anyone wants a Hawkeye, Jack Campbell and Sam LaPorta should be the ones your looking at in the 2nd round. They were consistently good to great in a majority of the games they played.

Bijan Robinson. Supposedly the Patriots are "intrigued"' but I am not (based on a minute of highlights, ha). He has a hesitation step in the pocket that will get him killed in the NFL. That being said, he has outstanding speed and you can see him outrun DBs in college....so I would be OK with him, but not at 14--the Patriots have more pressing needs

I would be excited to see Emmanuel Forbes being picked by the Patriots; he can run with anyone and has sticky hands, but he looks so frail. He is a hard hitter, but can he hold up? Would that be suicidal in the NFL? I would expect teams to run at him....

Watching him lineup against Thornton in practice would be like stick figure football, a duel of spiders.

I'd be okay with Robinson and a couple of maulers from the draft. It seems that there really aren't any elite pass protectors this year so it should be easier and less costly to pick up some run blockers and a blocking TE. Go run/short pass heavy while the rest of the division leans towards pass heavy.

Isn't there a lacrosse star in this draft? Catnip for BB. There is also the Princeton WR, Andrei Losivas....more catnip.

I like Iosivas for us any time after 135, but I suspect he'll be over-drafted.

I like Forbes for us at 46, but really not much earlier than that.

I would take Forbes late in the first....but would be worried about durability. If you put that aside, he has all the Right Stuff; he can run with anyone, can hit pretty hard, and has very sticky hands. He has amazing acceleration of an INT. Mr. Pick Six.

I heard Paris Johnson lacks strength and was pushed around on tape.

Quentin Johnson scares me.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back