PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are your top 5 favorite Patiots of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remain scared to death of John Hannah, today. Love him, still...

Tip's done karate with locals around here...I get to see his picture every day I go to work

I know someone who has a family association with Tip and say he is a pure gentlemen and great guy. A pleasure to be around...

On the other hand, Hannah is a walking inferno. Has an edge. Very intense. What made him great isn't what makes him endearing to fans but man....no one blew up defenders like him and never will.

Its so hard.

Growing up as a kid in the early/mid 80s I have a greater emotional attachment to players in that era. My namesake, Clayton Weishuhn, etc.

But guys like Brady, Troy and Rodney would have thrived in that era because of the type of players they are.

With that said on any given day I could change my mind and pick Fred Marion over Rodney or Grogs over Brady or Steve Nelson over Bruschi and its not because they were better players, its just who I embraced in my childhood.
In my long list of honorable mentions, I've got Prentice McCray, Julius Adams and Roland James

In my long list of honorable mentions, I've got Prentice McCray, Julius Adams and Roland James
Prentice was a little before my time but I totally get that. Big plays. Exciting player.

Harry Agganis, had he not been injured, and later passed away, would have made a great Patriot.
is

Too many for me to pick 5, I'll give 10

Brady
Tippett
Bruschi
Gronk
Hannah
McGinest
Grogan
Brown
Tatupu
Coates

Brady
Coates
Bruschi
Troy Brown
Mankins, but there's those abysmal SB performances.
Edelman? Law? Willie? Faulk?

Almost have to throw Drew in here for telling Glenn to STFU, ignoring PomPom Pete, and making the call to go for it on 4th down in miami.

Born in 88, so I missed Hannah, etc.

Tom Brady
Troy Brown
Randy Moss
Ty Law
Terry Glenn

Tom
Tedy B
Gronk
Jules
Vrabel

WWW might've made the cut but for the Broncos thing
Branch might've made the cut but for the Colts thing
Jules kinda killed 'em both by being the best possible combo of all the guys who've filled that role - less productive than Wes, but more than Branch; 1 less SB thus far than Branch, but routinely more exciting to watch than either. Part of that could be recency bias, but time will tell - he's already been here (w/ TB at least) longer than any of the others. Jules' explosiveness, TB mind-meld, and all-out effort but self-effacing fun quotient on and off the field makes him the ideal version of the shifty/slot/go-to-guy/main-bro WR that Brady has had.

The heck with 5, I've been a Patriot long enough to need 25. When you watch the Patriots for 40 years, you have a lot of favorite players. In no particular order my top 25. Mostly from oldest to active roster.

1: Grogan
2: Hannah
3: Tippett
4: Coates
5: Cunningham
6: Morgan
7: Bledsoe
8: Branch
9: Troy Brown
10: Tedy Bruschi
11: Willie McGinest
12: Kevin Faulk
13: Rodney Harrison
14: Law
15: Vrabel
16: Wilfork
17: Mankins
18: Welker
19: Vinatieri
20: Moss
21: Brady
22: Gronk
23. Edelman
24. Ghost
25. McCourty

Tom Brady
Ty Law
Rodney Harrison
Wes Welker
Dion Lewis

Last edited:
1. Brady
2. Rodney Harrison
3. Deion Branch
4. Tedy Bruschi
5. Kevin Faulk

Randy Moss
Tommy Brady
Corey Dillon
Rob Gronkowski
Ty Law

Not my favorites necessarily but would love to see them all play together on the same team in there prime.

tom brady
john hannah
jim "earthquake" hunt
carlos pennywell
rod shoate

don't ask me why. i guess i have a weird emotional attachment like someone said earlier. and yes i am old. left a ton off the list.

I have a soft spot for corners.

1. Ty Law-still holding strong at this spot.
2. Ellis Hobbs-don't care what anyone says. loved his effort and kick returns
3. Brady
4. Rosevelt Colvin-the best pass rusher we have had in the last 15 years or so imo
5. 3-way tie for legendary patriot seasons Gronk/Moss/Dillon
6. Asante Samuel- the dude wasn't a corner. He was a ball hawking ninja that from time to time passed out some devastating hits. He doesn't get the respect he deserves because of missed ints in sb and his aspirations of being filthy rich.

1. Ty law
2. Tom Brady
3. Asante Samuel
4. Teddy B
5. Adam V

Now I am really confused

pazrul72 had Bledsoe on his list and not Brady, and you list Brady as #1 and you list Brady over Bledsoe but disliked my post, What am i missing?
I just disliked the fact that you were dis'ing someone's list. These are favorite patriots not best or anything else. If someone dislikes a player because of their haircut or off field behavior, that is their business,

1. Tom F'ing Brady - GOAT
2. Teddy Bruschi - Heart & Passion
3. Willie McGinest - Big game player
4. Andre Tippett - one of the best of his time
5. Julian Edelman - tough little SOB

Just missed - D. Bledsoe, R. Harrison, T. Law, Gronk, Adam V.

Became a fan in the late 80's so some of the greats I didn't see much of

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore