PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are "your guys" at pick 60?

manman how early do you think a conversion player like Braxton Miller will contribute? If we selected him I hope we double dip at the position just in case. P.s. I like WR:Sterling Shepard @ 60 or 61

In my next mock I have us triple dipping at WR and that includes Miller. I think he can contribute in a very limited role in year one but can see him contributing by year 2. The thing he needs to do is calm his routes down; he tends to make too many steps in his cuts. Aside from that, most everything else is there.

I really like Shepard. My only concern is that he's too much like The receivers we already have. Would be absolutely fine drafting him at 60 - he'll be a good NFL WR. I just like Miller's upside more and I think he offers more versatility in the long term.

I'm not suggesting he's my guy by any means but Jordan Jenkins might be a guy at 60. BB and Matt Patricia are both at the Georgia pro day.

Haven't focused on undersized EDGE players really. Where would we play him? SLB? He strikes me as more of a 3-4 OLB. You?

Same. Too small to play DE full time in a 4-3.

But at 245-250 he could play SLB, then put his hand on the dirt on 3rd and longs. Thats my thinking with him.

Very intriguing.

I'm not suggesting he's my guy by any means but Jordan Jenkins might be a guy at 60. BB and Matt Patricia are both at the Georgia pro day.

Need to watch more tape. I'm usually a fan of the Georgia players though.

Need to watch more tape. I'm usually a fan of the Georgia players though.

Me too. Correa is another I need to take a look at. They looked at quite a few OLB types at the Combine too so there seems to be an interest. Note, I don't know that BB and Patricia are looking at Jenkins but it seems to make the most sense with respect to Patricia being there.

Keith Marshall. 5 11, 219 RB. 4.31 40. Stuck splitting time with gurley and chubby. Gets into the 2nd level in a breath and willing to put his shoulder down when nothing is there. Walterfootball has him available in the 6th. Dude can catch and seemed a willing blocker.

Keith Marshall. 5 11, 219 RB. 4.31 40. Stuck splitting time with gurley and chubby. Gets into the 2nd level in a breath and willing to put his shoulder down when nothing is there. Walterfootball has him available in the 6th. Dude can catch and seemed a willing blocker.

I really like Marshall's size and speed. There are questions about his recognition of holes that I've seen though which is worth bearing in mind.

Just going by positions of need and focusing on offense:

1. Shon Coleman, Le'Raven Clark, Jerald Hawkins

2. Jonathan Williams, Kenyan Drake, CJ Procise (I don't think Henry will fall that far but I would add him too if he does)

3. Josh Doctson, Tyler Boyd, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Sterling Shepard

I'd be happy with any of those guys at 60.

Just going by positions of need and focusing on offense:

1. Shon Coleman, Le'Raven Clark, Jerald Hawkins

2. Jonathan Williams, Kenyan Drake, CJ Procise (I don't think Henry will fall that far but I would add him too if he does)

3. Josh Doctson, Tyler Boyd, Braxton Miller, Pharoah Cooper, Sterling Shepard

I'd be happy with any of those guys at 60.

Have you seen the latest Jonathan Williams vid at Draft Breakdown against Texas Tech. I love his combination of balance and power. My #1 available back.

FWIW, Drake and Prosise are two of the worst fumblers in the draft. Will let Prosise off because last year was his worst. But Drake had the worst fumble ratio, just ahead of Alex Collins. Just so you are aware.

Have you seen the latest Jonathan Williams vid at Draft Breakdown against Texas Tech. I love his combination of balance and power. My #1 available back.

FWIW, Drake and Prosise are two of the worst fumblers in the draft. Will let Prosise off because last year was his worst. But Drake had the worst fumble ratio, just ahead of Alex Collins. Just so you are aware.

No. But I'll look out for it when I'm off work. I'm aware of Drake's fumbling. I still like him as a prospect. It's his injury history that scares me most about him. Still, he seems like a prototypical Pats back. Good size, elusive speed, can run between the tackles or catch it out of the backfield, and is a match-up issue for both LB's and safeties. He's not my favorite back in the draft (that's Williams), but I would still be pretty happy with him.

So I'm guessing no Jordan Jenkins at 60 now with McLellin getting a 3 year deal.

DT, RB and OT with the first 3 picks seems pretty clear I would think.

Last year no one thought brown would fall to #32. Maybe this year Clark of Ucla falls to #60. He would be a tremendous player to line up with brown, especially since Easley is a banana.

If he falls we could take a Clark at 60 and 61.

Last year no one thought brown would fall to #32. Maybe this year Clark of Ucla falls to #60. He would be a tremendous player to line up with brown, especially since Easley is a banana.

If he falls we could take a Clark at 60 and 61.

While I'm not sure that Kenny Clark will make it to 60, I could certainly get behind a double-Clark draft at 60 and 61. Beef up those lines.

LIke Rich Hill tweeted this morning, with a stacked RB class next year this may be a year to get through the best we can and look at a serious RB next year.

Rich Hill ‏@PP_Rich_Hill 2h2 hours ago
Think Patriots are setting themselves up to take an RB in the loaded 2017 draft. Putting together a 1 year band-aid.

Clement, Conner, Fournette, McCaffrey, Chubb, Cook, Freeman, Perine, and Gallman would probably all go before the RB3 in the 2016 draft.

LIke Rich Hill tweeted this morning, with a stacked RB class next year this may be a year to get through the best we can and look at a serious RB next year.

Think Patriots are setting themselves up to take an RB in the loaded 2017 draft. Putting together a 1 year band-aid.

Clement, Conner, Fournette, McCaffrey, Chubb, Cook, Freeman, Perine, and Gallman would probably all go before the RB3 in the 2016 draft.

Jonathan Williams/ or maybe even Derrek Henry this year...McCaffrey next. Sign me up for that please!

Williams has moved up to my #1 back for the Patriots as well. I think without the injury, he would be talked about in the same breath as Elliot. His value/running style, and need all line up for him to be a Patriot come draft day.

Williams has moved up to my #1 back for the Patriots as well. I think without the injury, he would be talked about in the same breath as Elliot. His value/running style, and need all line up for him to be a Patriot come draft day.

That seems to be the consensus around here. Williams is an exciting prospect.

I like Williams and Keith Marshall. If Marshall is healthy I'm cool with him in the late rounds. But if what rich hill is saying is correct I'm all for trying to get dalvin cook next year.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back