PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are you excited to watch at the Senior Bowl?

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here is who I look forward to watching and getting a better feel for.
North Squad:
WR-Braxton Miller-Ohio St.
RB-Tyler Erving-San Jose St.
S-Milles Killebrew-Southern Utah
DE/OLB-Kyler Fackrell- Utah St.
OT-Joe Haeg-North Dakota St.
WR-Tajae Sharpe-Umass
OT-Cole Toner-Harvard

South Squad:
LB-Deon Jones-LSU
CB-Harlan Miller-SE Louisiana
RB-Kenyan Drake-Alabama
RB-Jonathon Williams-Arkansas
S-DeAndre Houston-Carson-William and Mary
HB-Glenn Gronkowski-Kansas St.
OT-John Theus-Georgia
WR-Paul McRoberts- SE Missouri St.
DE-Bronson Kaufusi-BYU

Lots of others but these are the guys that I have not seen much or any of and tape is tough to find on some of the smaller school guys.

Glad you pointed out DeAndre Houston-Carson. I've read that he's an outstanding special teamer so I've got him pegged as a potential pick. Watched three DB tapes on him and he makes A lot of tackles but there's limited footage of him in coverage. Might be surplus to requirements with how well Brandon King has played this year (another unsung hero on our roster) but he's a safety who plays special teams so BB will probably love him :)

Biggest names for me are Kevin Peterson, Braxton Miller, Jonathan Williams, Maurice Canady (big CB I know little about), Vernon Butler (has had Muhammad Wilkerson comps), Josh Forrest, LeRaven Clark and Eric Striker (will he get coverage looks).

Senior Bowl weigh ins can be found here

2016 Senior Bowl Weigh-In Information - Optimum Scouting

Some stuff that stands out to me on initial viewing:

Tajae Sharpe - only 8" hands.

Deiondre Hall.- a 6'1.5" corner from Northern Iowa has 34 3/4" arms :eek: Thought he looked really stiff when I watched him but those are freakish arms for a CB.

Kevin Peterson - Only 173 lbs. Would have liked him to be bigger.

Le'Raven Clark - 36.5" arms. For comparison's sake, Nate Solder had 35.5" ones.Clark is also 6055 and 312lbs.

Cody Whitehair is this year's T-Rex with only 31 3/8" arms.

Navy’s FB/RB Chris Swain is coming from a option FB role in college, so he’ll need time before he’s ready. But at a cut 6’0, 249 pounds with 34 1/8 wingspan, he looks like a project work working with. Obvious Patriots connection too.

The joys of following SB practice on Twitter:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Cool. Just seen that DJ Foster has been added to the SB roster.

Team Braxton!

Last edited:
Team Braxton Part 3 (final I promise .....for now.

Doesn't make the play but look how he gets open.

Braxton Miller is definitely one guy I will be monitoring over the next couple months. Williams, the running back from Arkansas, is another.

Two names to watch out for are DLs Matt Ioannidis and Jihad Ward. Both are getting excellent Twitter reviews from day one practice.

It starts

Haeg was one of BobDigitals's guys. Reading the scouting reports on him, I'm very intrigued - sounds exactly like a Patriots guy. Consistently undersized, barely recruited out of high school and had to walk-on and earned his role as a 4 year starter. But 6 foot 6 so a huge frame. Major issue is a possible lean lower body limiting size potential size (and not having enough sand in his pants); that said, he claimed he was 315 pounds this fall and put on 70 pounds since high school. Importantly and intriguingly, known for being extremely athletic and having solid techniques... exactly what Dante seems to look for. A developmental project that should be there at 60. Would be very interested in what the draft experts here think.

Haeg was one of BobDigitals's guys. Reading the scouting reports on him, I'm very intrigued - sounds exactly like a Patriots guy. Consistently undersized, barely recruited out of high school and had to walk-on and earned his role as a 4 year starter. But 6 foot 6 so a huge frame. Major issue is a possible lean lower body limiting size potential size (and not having enough sand in his pants); that said, he claimed he was 315 pounds this fall and put on 70 pounds since high school. Importantly and intriguingly, known for being extremely athletic and having solid techniques... exactly what Dante seems to look for. A developmental project that should be there at 60. Would be very interested in what the draft experts here think.
Oh boy,
one of the guys on my list that intrigued me coming into this week as well. Glad to see the Patriots are giving him a strong look as well.
He may be my next scouting report now that I think of it.

Oh boy,
one of the guys on my list that intrigued me coming into this week as well. Glad to see the Patriots are giving him a strong look as well.
He may be my next scouting report now that I think of it.

Just bear in mind that the Pats will probably speak to everyone there. What interests me is that the first one we hear about is an OT. It's something worth tracking through combine interviews, the Pats do telegraph their interest in particular positions by the number of interviews they have with particular positions. Nothing definitive but I believe there is some connection. If they interview a few late first to third round OTs then I'd think a 2nd round OT to be a distinct possibility.

Is Reynolds going to be there?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Team Braxton Part 3 (final I promise .....for now.

Doesn't make the play but look how he gets open.

I am only getting started this year.. what are we looking at with Braxton ? Day 2 ?

I am only getting started this year.. what are we looking at with Braxton ? Day 2 ?
I honestly think Braxton could go in round 1. His natural athleticism and quick twitch movements at his size are rare. He has shown to have great hands and from all accounts has a great work ethic. His short time at the position and the success that he has had is going to get him drafted really high.If Phillip Dorsett can get drafted in the first, then Miller certainly can. No way he makes it out of the top 50, which is a bummer.

I honestly think Braxton could go in round 1. His natural athleticism and quick twitch movements at his size are rare. He has shown to have great hands and from all accounts has a great work ethic. His short time at the position and the success that he has had is going to get him drafted really high.If Phillip Dorsett can get drafted in the first, then Miller certainly can. No way he makes it out of the top 50, which is a bummer.
He seems like a guy who go just about anywhere in the draft, it really depends on how he does in the predraft time

I'm starting to think he won't be there with our first pick. He's just too good an athlete. Early to mid 2nd round. Our 2nd round pick at the latest.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back