PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who’s your favorite player in the 2019 draft ?

I really like Deebo Samuel for the Patriots this year at WR.

Check out the highlights:

At 6'0 Deebo has good size. But more importantly is the system fit. He looks to be a great route runner, has fantastic hands, and is versatile in that he can return kicks and is used to being the ball carrier on the jet sweep. As a bonus the Pats could save cap room by letting Patterson go and signing Deebo.

I'm not going to say this lightly but there are echoes of OBJ in the way this kid high points the ball and can make outrageous 1 handed grabs at times. Deebo isn't quite as explosive as OBJ BUT he reminds me of a far more athletic Edelman or Welker with great hands who could line up inside or outside.

OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia (6'3"/245lbs) is my main binkie. He was making play after play in the games I saw him.

QB Daniel Jones, Duke interests me as well. He has great accuracy. Something I value above almost all else in a QB. His stats aren't great, but he had a bad OL and lousy WRs. Some say he has a weak arm. I don't see it. I think he lofts the ball way too high. But I think a little work on his mechanics and a OL that doesn't make him run for his life regularly will improve him remarkably.

Last edited:
OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia (6'3"/245lbs) is my main binkie. He was making play after play in the games I saw him.

QB Daniel Jones, Duke interests me as well. He has great accuracy. Something I value above almost all else in a QB. His stats aren't great, but he had a bad OL and lousy WRs. Some say he has a weak arm. I don't see it. I think he lofts the ball way too high. But I think a little work on his mechanics and a OL that doesn't make him run for his life regularly will improve him remarkably.
Jones is my QB1, love him

Ed Oliver, Noah Fant, TJ Hockenson, Riley Ridley, Wilkins, Josh Allen. I’ve got a fair few I like..

Jeffery Simmons at 32.

Nasir Adderley is gonna be next Derwin James I hope in Pats' uniform.It is prime time to grab a safety in this draft.

Hockenson....after he's gone before 32, Isabella.

Emanuel Hall
Dax Raymond
Elijah Holyfield
Jarret Stidham
DreMont Jones
Chase winovich

Penny Hart is my favorite player in the draft.

Some draft twitter people were surprised by his Senior Bowl performance, but they shouldn't have been since he was a freshman All-American, the leading returning FBS receiver in yardage before the 2018 college football season and he was ranked in many publications top ten 2018 preseason wide receiver rankings.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-50-wide-receivers-2018

Preview 2018: Top 30 Wide Receivers

College football's best wide receivers for 2018

He disappeared from the spotlight due to our inaccurate, running QB and bland play calling from our ex-offensive coordinator, now the TE/special team coach for WVU.

Matt Waldman’s RSP Boiler Room No.197: WR Penny Hart (Georgia State), More Than a Slot?

Came to say the same thing. Stick Penny Hart in the slot and just win. Some of the sharpest routes I’ve seen. He stops on a dime. And for a 180lb WR he clearly loves to block too.

Mesmerising. Imagine this in the slot.

Penny Hart is one of the top 5 route runners in this draft. He has been a refined route runner since he stepped on campus and gained 1K plus yards as a true freshman. And with his special teams abilities and blocking enthusiam, he would fit perfectly on our squad.

All the bloggers compare his game to Taylor Gabriel, but Penny says he modeled himself after Andrew Hawkins.

Slot Receiver Battle Royale: Who Stands Out? | The Draft Network

Penny Hart is one of the top 5 route runners in this draft. He has been a refined route runner since he stepped on campus and gained 1K plus yards as a true freshman. And with his special teams abilities and blocking enthusiam, he would fit perfectly on our squad.

All the bloggers compare his game to Taylor Gabriel, but Penny says he modeled himself after Andrew Hawkins.

Slot Receiver Battle Royale: Who Stands Out? | The Draft Network

Penny Hart fan club. Sign up here.

Quinnen Williams shows out; McSorley's comp; QBs are a puzzle

Impressive character. I love cheering for guys like this:

Ollison finds way to forgiveness after tragedy: Out of Pitt, running back Qadree Ollison embraces comparisons to former teammate James Conner, the former third-round pick who racked up 1,470 yards from scrimmage in 2018. Who wouldn't? Both are 6-1, 230 pounds, and they have similar running styles. Ollison told me: "James has got a mean stiff arm -- he's able to use his off hand to break tackles -- and I've applied that to my game. He's also a great leader, has great character. And he's a genuine guy. Even when lights aren't on, he's still the same person."

Ollison considers himself the "smartest" running back in the draft. He has the reputation of being a wizard when it comes to the white board, drawing up plays, defensive fronts, coverages, blitzes. "I take a lot of pride in being a student of the game," he said. "I'm never going to go out there and not know what I'm doing. I had four offensive coordinators at Pitt; I had no trouble learning every offense."

But Ollison's most impressive moments have come off the football field. His 35-year-old brother, Rome Harris -- "my football hero," Ollison said -- was fatally shot on Oct. 14, 2017, in Ollison's hometown of Niagara Falls.

Last season, Ollison changed his football number from 37 to 30, the number his brother once wore. He also took the extraordinary step of forgiving his brother's killer, who was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

"The only way to get past something is to forgive somebody," Ollison said. "If you have hate in your heart, you never get past it. I can't hate anybody. I try to spread love."

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back