PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which teams are you rooting for?

I'm all in on Brady. Love the guy. His success in NO WAY diminishes that of the Patriots or Bill Belichick. They won SIX titles together - unheard of. It doesn't damper BB's legacy one little bit to have to say, "Well you know, he wouldn't have won all those titles without Tom Brady, the greatest player of all time". Because NOBODY ON EARTH could have won six super bowl titles without the greatest player in the world playing for him. So Belichick is still the unquestioned GOAT head coach ever. And he's always said that players make plays, so it wouldn't bother him in the least, I don't think, if people gave "more" credit to Brady than Belichick for the Pats' incredible run. He's got 6 rings as HC, 8 rings overall, and will likely finish his career with more wins than anyone else in NFL history. His place in NFL history is absolutely rock solid secure as the GOAT coach, period, full stop.

So I don't worry about any of that. I root for the Patriots first and foremost, but when they're out, I root for players I love. And Tom Brady is a player I love. So yeah, I want to see Brady win another one.

Ideally, I would like to see Tampa vs. Tennessee - Brady vs. Vrabel. That would be a lot of fun.
That aint happening

I listed 5 teams i didn't like in my op to start the thread. 4 are gone and if kc loses that will be 5 for 5. This was titans dallas green bum, steelers, kc. Both #1 seeds.

4 teams i said i liked are all still in it. So that's pretty good. Although the bills had already won when i listed them.

Jimmy and Tom in the NFCCG may make posters head’s explodes in rage.

If Tom goes back and wins a another Super Bowl with his hobbling team, I predict posters will turn on Bill and have another exodus we saw after 2020.
Definitely a possibility now

Forums gonna be a ****show for lar/tb. Hope the Brady boiz eat lightly for their **** riding tomorrow.

Looking good for our former QB. JG will soon have more rings than Bilbo Baggins and Aaron Rodgers combined.

I had sf higher on my no list than gb (5 rings > 4 and im really not anti ar as alot are). But couldn’t help rooting for sf last night. Man that team is easy to like

I think the real meltdown comes if Jimmy wins it

I don’t think Patriot fans will melt down if S.F. Wins it all, so far Garrapolo is playing like Manning did in his last postseason, I doubt most here will want him back, and he will be available.

Yeah, I don’t know about that. You have people in this thread saying they’d root for the Bills over the Bucs. Rooting for a division rival with some of the worst fans in football to win it all over an NFC team quarterbacked by some guy who delivered the team 6 titles is pretty weird. They’re probably the type of people that have ex’s who have filed restraining orders against them.

I honestly don’t understand why any Patriot fan would root against Brady, unless he was playing the Patriots. Brady wanted to go somewhere else snd try to win a SB with that franchise, and he achieved that, he gave us 6 Lombardi’s, and he was the GOAT on the GOAT DYNASTY, the only thing he should get from Patriot fans is gratitude. With the Patriots gone I’ll be rooting for # 8, then I think he is going to retire after this season.

Bills-Buccaneers that is my choice. I wish Tommy all the best and another ring.
Rams, 49ers, Bengals are indifferent to me. I definitely do not want to see KC and especially Kelce having another ring.

Over the moon that Rodgers choked again and the schadenfreude derived from the next inevitable installment of offseason hysterics will be delicious. Not so happy the Titans choked since they are my father's team. But of the remaining teams in order from least to most.

Bengals: They haven't won anything ever, and I tend to root for those teams unless they're divisional rivals. Would also be a great Cinderella story and cause a ton of pain to Ravens and Steelers fans.

Bucs: Just for Brady to put himself even further out of reach in the GOAT discussion. But also for Gronk to bolster his case (if it isn't convincing enough already) as the greatest TE of all time. Of course, the Brady vs. Bill debates would reignite to levels unseen since the end of the 2020 season, but that's a small price to pay.

49ers: Redemption for losing SB 54. I'm not wild about them tying us in SB wins, but the way I see it, Jimmy G coming through as a championship-winning QB is its own form of vindication of Bill's method of player development.

Rams: Totally agnostic on this. They're far from the days of the GSOT and more than any other team here save for maybe (and I say this with doubt) the Bucs, I think they're in "championship or bust" mode. Having said that, have nothing against Stafford and wouldn't be unhappy seeing him win it all.

Bills: Insufferable HC and fanbase, but nothing but respect for Josh Allen. And obviously, the franchise has suffered SB heartbreak after heartbreak so their finally winning would be just throwing the dog a bone. Obviously, Buffalo's fanbase would become more annoying than ever before, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Chiefs: Far and away the team I want least to win it all. The "dynasty" talk would come back in full swing, the idiotic debates about whether or not Mahomes is the "GOAT in the making" will be louder than ever before, and the only thing as bad as that would be mediots the nation over following Cowherd's lead in debating whether or not Reid is the GOAT coach. And of course, Hill and Britt Reid are both scumbags.

KC over Bills, Bucs of Rams

Bengals over KC
Bucs over 49ers

Bengals vs. Bucs

My PREFERRED SB?
RAMS VS CINCI......
AND....

Cinci Wins.

I want a NEW CROWN, DOUBT it'll happen, but what I'd prefer.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back