PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which prospects do you think should be avoided at all costs?

Moses was totally mind (censored) from the knee injury this last year. I would stay away from him early, but would be worth a mid-round to see if he can regain his pre-acl form. He almost gave up football altogether he was so messed up over it. Hopefully as time goes he can get over that mental side of things.

Some of the big slow guys on the OL and DL scare me. I don't want to see another Vincent Valentine.

That being said, all the scouts had Onwenu down as a big slow guy last year.

So--in the end, I don't know.

The only position I feel I have a good eye for after almost 5 decades of watching is QB. I watched a lot of college ball and I really dont know what the Pro Scouts are looking for.

I like Fields a lot. Better than Wilson.

But I saw Marino play practically every game when he was at Pitt and I wanted the Patriots to draft him so badly. We picked Eason??!?! I saw Favre light up the Senior Bowl and the guy was incredibly talented, easy to see. Same with Rodgers. As for Brady all he did was make the plays to beat my Nittany Lions.

In all the years I've banged the table on a top QB, I think I've only been wrong on Sam Bradford. I thought he was going to be fantastic.

Good post. What do you think of Mac Jones ? Curious what you think.

I agree on Trask, I would add Fields and Lance to that list.

Fields lost his job in Georgia to Eason who is now a thrid string QB. Lance has played 11 games in his career, in those games he had a bunch of rush attempts. No way you draft a non FBC QB, with a thin resume in the top ten!

Smith scares me, he might weigh 150 lbs, his talent is undeniable, just worried if he withstand NFL DBs hitting him. Still if he is still there at 15, I think you have to take him.

I don't know if that's a good argument though. Didn't Burrow lose out to other QBs and have to transfer to LSU ? Also Brady's coach thought Drew Henson was just as good. Sometimes a coach doesn't know what they have. I like JFields a lot more than Trey Lance or Zack Wilson. If Fields falls to Atlanta he will immediately be their franchise QB like how Watson or Russell Wilson took over their NFL teams.

For the Pats' based on historical picks I would avoid the following positions like the plague with our first 2 picks: CB, WR, RB.

Positions we seem to know what we're doing with a high pick: DE, DT, LB, OLine.

Good post. What do you think of Mac Jones ? Curious what you think.
I already wrote about him in this thread but you can't get away with having a weak armed QB in the NFL. I'm not a fan like Charlie Weis is. In crucial situations when a QB needs to fire a throw, can he do it? Doesn't seem so.

Wasn't it to Fromm or am i confusing something right now early in the morning before my first coffee?
I think Fields lost out to Eason...then Eason lost out to Fromm I believe. Either way, I would stay away from Fields...I don't think his game translates to the NFL for some reason

I think Fields lost out to Eason...then Eason lost out to Fromm I believe. Either way, I would stay away from Fields...I don't think his game translates to the NFL for some reason

Joe Burrow lost out at the college he was at before transferring to LSU. What does that mean? Nothing....

I was just clearing up who Fields lost out to at Georgia.

I hear ya.

Yeah I was looking after posting that Burrows was passed over for JT Barrett. I wouldn't put it on a player if a coach didn't know what they had.

Last edited:
Mac Jones has to sit behind tua, yet a couple Alabama receivers preferred Jones to tua!

To avoid: Justin Fields...Odds are that one of the top 5 will be a bust; he has my vote for Most Likely...

Landon ****erson...future IR-body...I wouldn't even begin to look for him until #96...

The Miami DEs in the first round...Too much uncertainty...

Light-weight DTs like Onwuzurike, Twyman & Odighizuwa before a Real DT (McNeil or Shelvin) is drafted...

Light-weight DEs like Azeez Ojulari, Quincy Roche, Shaka Toney et al...

Unathletic stiffs at LB like KJ Britt, Paddy Fisher, Tuf Borland et al...

And needless to say, NO RBs, TEs & Safeties before Day 3...if then...Sign UDFAs instead...

To avoid: Justin Fields...Odds are that one of the top 5 will be a bust; he has my vote for Most Likely...

Landon ****erson...future IR-body...I wouldn't even begin to look for him until #96...

The Miami DEs in the first round...Too much uncertainty...

Light-weight DTs like Onwuzurike, Twyman & Odighizuwa before a Real DT (McNeil or Shelvin) is drafted...

Light-weight DEs like Azeez Ojulari, Quincy Roche, Shaka Toney et al...

Unathletic stiffs at LB like KJ Britt, Paddy Fisher, Tuf Borland et al...

And needless to say, NO RBs, TEs & Safeties before Day 3...if then...Sign UDFAs instead...

this is a very well thought out list. I agree with all of this.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back