PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which prospect(s) would you trade up for?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Choose your fighter

• George Karlaftis

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kyle Hamilton

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Derek Stingley

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Garrett Wilson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jordan Davis

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Treylon Burks

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Sauce Gardner

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Charles Cross

• Andrew Booth

• Total voters

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Curious if there's anyone you'd trade up for outside the top 10. Let's say a Stingley or Karlaftis is sitting at 13-15? Or maybe you want to pay a premium on Davis so the Chargers don't get him? Maybe there's another player you have in mind. Dean, Lloyd, one of the tackles? I'm trying to keep it realistic but it's draft season so let's have fun.

Again though specifically talking about after the 10th pick. So we wouldn't be giving away the farm for anyone but let's say we're using our 2022 2nd (about 350-360 points + 21 which is around 800). 21 + 54 would be about 1150-1160 and could realistically get us up to 13-14. If they're not listed on the poll don't hesitate to post on them.

What about after the first round? Anyone you know won't go in round one but want on the team?

Nice idea for a thread thank you
I voted for stingley
Couldn’t really decide between stingley and gardner but went with stingley
Karlaftis is a nice option as well to upgrade Wise role here and give Judon an complement at 5 T which meets our need as well imo, but giving up another second idk, we have so many needs , just maybe a smaller trade up to 16-19
CB is such a big need because I have my doubts bb will tag JC and even with JC we certainly need another outside CB
Williams isn’t getting the job done fulltime as an outside starting cb and Mills could take versalite roles here at safety slot nickel etc and provide depth for outside cb
The only positions I would trade up for are cb ot or de
I would not trade up for a WR or DT in this class in the first round , I wouldn’t even take them at 21 , more like in a trade down scenario if they still available

In fact I prefer probably a trade down scenario
I don’t think the blue chip top tier guys will fall and trade partners won’t be easy to find in this scenario
Also this would give us more draft capital to use a pick and trade up again so we can pick 3 times in the top 64 maybe if there is a guy they really like
A sweet spot would be trading down to 30-35 range for an early third pick which gives us flexibility. Guys I like in a trade down scenario ( not saying they will be there ) are:
McGreary
Wilson
Ebitekie or Ebiketie I forgot it
Raimann
Wyatt
Linderbaum
Williams
Walker

For our pixks after the first rd there are guys I would trade up for
Travis Jones
Gordon cb
ridgeway
metchie
Chenal
Just to name a few

@patsfanfromoversea
One of the reasons I started this thread was bc of teams like NYG, Phila who have like 6 picks between them in the top 20. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a ton of movement this year considering the QB class and a few teams with like 6-9 of the first top 20 picks.

I think JC is key though. If we retain him I could see a scenario where we go RUSH/EDGE round one. Maybe Chenal round two. IDL round three. We get another rush/contain player opposite Judon. Chenal as a potential HT replacement. He's physically sound and can handle himself up front and he can rush the passer on manipulated rushes. Hopefully Jones or maybe a Farrell is there round 3/4. If not take a shot at WR.

Just a few thoughts

I might trade up for a CB with Jackson's status questionable. There are good NT's and WR's available on day 2. and I think, with Perkins, McCrone and McMillen available in 2022, LB is not a major need.

I would trade up for ot Neal of alabama. I think he is the best player in this draft. The combination of power and movement are special. Once he gets his hands on you, it is game over.

plug him in at right tackle and lock that position down for 10 years.

In reality, in NE's position, I wouldn't trade up for anybody...we need the picks

But Stingley is the best CB prospect I've ever "scouted"

Trading down should be considered this year.

there are a lot of second rounders just as good as mid first rounders.

I would love to trade down to the first few picks in the second round and grab a pass rusher like Johnson of fsu or hall of Houston.

I agree. After going through multiple draft simulations trading down a little in the 1st and second round seems to provide best outcomes

I am curious. What would we get if we traded down from 21 to 28? 21 to 31?

I am curious. What would we get if we traded down from 21 to 28? 21 to 31?
Rich Hill created a trade value chart based on actual NFL trade history (not the original Jimmy Johnson chart).

His chart gets pick 83 for the 21 to 28 trade down. Mid 3rd rounder.
Pick 69 for the 21 to 31 trade down. Early 3rd rounder.

Trade Chart for reference
Screenshot_2022-01-31-00-21-56~2.png

First few picks highlighted
Screenshot_2022-01-31-00-21-56~3.png

Rich Hill created a trade value chart based on actual NFL trade history (not the original Jimmy Johnson chart).

His chart gets pick 83 for the 21 to 28 trade down. Mid 3rd rounder.
Pick 69 for the 21 to 31 trade down. Early 3rd rounder.

Thanks. I guess an early third rounder would do.

Kyle Hamilton is the guy I’d ideally trade up for. He literally the modern day safety. Can play him as a single high, TEs, WRs, Box safety. You name it he can do it. He’s the the blue chip guy in my opinion.

Stingley is Revis type. He’s an island guy. It’ll depend on how much you see the change between him and Ahmed “sauce” Gardner and weather he’s worth those extra picks to get him.

I voted Kyle Hamilton. While it's true Stingley has the highest upside I think Hamilton is the safest pick. If he slips out of the top 10 I would give up the 2nd rounder (or our 3rd and a pick next year) to get him. Yes, we have many needs but he may be worth it. Unfortunately, I don't see any such teams, in that area of the draft, that would be a willing trade partner. Wash has pick 11, Minny 12, Cle 13 and Balt 14. Maybe Minnesota?

@patsfanfromoversea
One of the reasons I started this thread was bc of teams like NYG, Phila who have like 6 picks between them in the top 20. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a ton of movement this year considering the QB class and a few teams with like 6-9 of the first top 20 picks.
Yeah I agree I can see giants could trade a bit down if they don’t want a qb or select an OT so high
Eagles I can see both up and down
I think JC is key though. If we retain him I could see a scenario where we go RUSH/EDGE round one
It’s a good edge class with solid players end of first or second rd
Bonitto ebiketie enagbare joshnson and the other guy from a smaller school should be there late first imo
. Maybe Chenal round two. IDL round three. We get another rush/contain player opposite Judon. Chenal as a potential HT replacement. He's physically sound and can handle himself up front and he can rush the passer on manipulated rushes. Hopefully Jones or maybe a Farrell is there round 3/4. If not take a shot at WR.

Just a few thoughts
Chenal is the guy who can block the IOL like HT did imo. Oh man was HT made for this

By the way shelvin played his first steps in the playoffs , crazy dad he did not have regular snaps as i can’t remember a long injury

I voted Kyle Hamilton. While it's true Stingley has the highest upside I think Hamilton is the safest pick. If he slips out of the top 10 I would give up the 2nd rounder (or our 3rd and a pick next year) to get him. Yes, we have many needs but he may be worth it. Unfortunately, I don't see any such teams, in that area of the draft, that would be a willing trade partner. Wash has pick 11, Minny 12, Cle 13 and Balt 14. Maybe Minnesota?
I know hamilton is a special player but I don’t know if I would trade for a S , even such a versalite guy like Hamilton
We already have a similar type as Dugger and our safeties look good , CB is such a bigger need and more valuable imo
If we resign Jackson than I would be fine with a pass rusher in a trade up

@patsfanfromoversea

I think JC is key though. If we retain him I could see a scenario where we go RUSH/EDGE round one. Maybe Chenal round two. IDL round three. We get another rush/contain player opposite Judon. Chenal as a potential HT replacement. He's physically sound and can handle himself up front and he can rush the passer on manipulated rushes. Hopefully Jones or maybe a Farrell is there round 3/4. If not take a shot at WR.

Just a few thoughts

3 mid first rounders for Philly is insane. They should be able to do some serious roster building.

Pats need to hit on most of their picks this year (including later rounds) to make up for previous misses.

3 mid first rounders for Philly is insane. They should be able to do some serious roster building.

Pats need to hit on most of their picks this year (including later rounds) to make up for previous misses.

Time for wolf to step up and roll snake eyes again this year!

Without a doubt 100% Jordan Davis. Pair him up with Barmore and Judon and thats a trio that can fix a defense right away. Run defense instantly helped.

However, the other question is if Jameson Williams enters the draft do you take him? People have been screaming for an impact wr and this could be the only way your going to get someone like this at pick 21 or with a trade up. He’s top 10 without the torn acl.

I have our 2nd penciled in for a guy like metchie so I’d like to avoid moving that pick if I can. If I can get away with dealing 21 and a 3rd or later for a small move up it would be for Jordan Davis or one of those corners if they slip (depending on what happens with JC Jackson).

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back