PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which player has the funniest name in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked Yancey Thigpen in days gone by.

Now I like Brandon Meriweather because it makes him sound like a hobbit.

Earthwind Moreland. How can you top that?

Outside of football, I once had an e-mail from a PR executive called Julie Schmulie.

Vonta Leach - FB, Texans
Jamaal Fudge - SS, Jaguars
Cleo Lemon - QB, Dolphins (I hope Florida has a lemon law)
Clint Stickdorn - C, Lions

Cleo Lemon.

Nice name... My cat when i was a baby was named Cleo. And she was a woman cat. What a sally.

And lemons are sally fruit.

Congratulations "Cleo", your name sucks.

It sucks royally.

You may want to start off by spelling them correctly:

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

My family and I have a running joke everytime we hear any of these names we say -- "I'd enjoy some Simeon Rice with a nice Samari Rolle cooked over a Cosy Coleman."

FYI -- It's The pony-tailed T.J. Houshmandzadeh is of mixed Persian and African American ancestry. He is named after his father, a native Iranian, who left his family and returned to Iran in the mid-1980s. Houshmandzadeh says he recalls nothing of his biological father and knows only what he looks like from photographs. Despite being raised by his mother, he took on his father's surname rather than his mother's, Johnson.

My family and I have a running joke everytime we hear any of these names we say -- "I'd enjoy some Simeon Rice with a nice Samari Rolle cooked over a Cosy Coleman."

FYI -- It's The pony-tailed T.J. Houshmandzadeh is of mixed Persian and African American ancestry. He is named after his father, a native Iranian, who left his family and returned to Iran in the mid-1980s. Houshmandzadeh says he recalls nothing of his biological father and knows only what he looks like from photographs. Despite being raised by his mother, he took on his father's surname rather than his mother's, Johnson.

He didn't want to be called a Johnson. So, instead he setttled for "Who's yo mama".

Turdell (Terdell?) Sands deserves consideration...

J'J'Juan Cherry (or whatever the hell his name is). :)

Here are a few. My favorite is the FSU defensive back with the name of ***g. Imagine a backfield with Gay and ***g...we'd be the laughing stock of the NFL.

***g is actually a receiver, but awful name nonetheless.

For some reason, I think Nnamdi Asomugha is a really funny name.

***g is a reciever

anyway Hank Baskett for the eagles always makes me laugh

I remember a guy that played for Cleveland named Cleophus Miller. That always cracked me up. And San Francisco had a safety named Tom Holmoe.

How could I have forgotten Reggie Tongue.

Last edited:
Nebraska RB in the late 70's, I.M. Hipp. He had a son who played hoops for Maryland. His name was Xray...ended up playing for the Globetrotters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down