PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where was Gholston?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan Thomas looked good the other day and Pace looked pretty good, too. Do they even have a need for Gholston? I really don't like the pick.

That has been my point all along. I think Gholston is a fine player, but I actually like what Thomas brings to the table. If you are going to pay Pace a boatload of money, I would think the Jets could have looked elsewhere for help in the 1st round.

I'm not complaining since I think the Jets generally have been doing well with their recent picks, but the Gholston pick may be one that feels like a missed opportunity.

That has been my point all along. I think Gholston is a fine player, but I actually like what Thomas brings to the table. If you are going to pay Pace a boatload of money, I would think the Jets could have looked elsewhere for help in the 1st round.

I'm not complaining since I think the Jets generally have been doing well with their recent picks, but the Gholston pick may be one that feels like a missed opportunity.

kind of like Watson

kind of like Watson
Watson plays very well for the 32nd pick in the draft. Many wanted Ben Troupe instead, pick early in the second round by the Titans. I wouldn't call Watson a missed opportunity.

I would have higher expectations for the #6 pick.

Watson plays very well for the 32nd pick in the draft. Many wanted Ben Troupe instead, pick early in the second round by the Titans. I wouldn't call Watson a missed opportunity.

I would have higher expectations for the #6 pick.

yeah but for the 32nd pick they knew the defense was aging and they decided to get a game breaker in watson but it hasn't truly panned out. sure he's been solid. in hindsight i'm suprised they didn't trade the pick for a pick the following year. that pick now and last years forfeited pick would have really made this defense better

kind of like Watson

It would be like the Watson situation if the Jets are planning on letting Thomas walk and Gholston would be starting next year. That may very well be the case, but my point was about keeping Thomas since he seems to be fitting into their scheme quite nicely.

If the Pats planned on keeping Graham and still drafted Watson, I would agree that it would have been a luxury pick during a time when other needs could have been addressed. Likewise, the Jets could keep Thomas (probably not at a premium price) and manuevered the #6 pick into a decent bounty.

His picture is on milk cartons everywhere.

Maualuga>>>>>>>Laurinitis

Glad someone said it. Not that either guy is likely to be available where the Pats are picking. I'm not as sold on Laurinitis as I was previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back