PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is Adam Schefter???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Its been about a month since he has been on the nfl network or heard from, he was on D and C once but where has the best nfl info man been??

Its been about a month since he has been on the nfl network or heard from, he was on D and C once but where has the best nfl info man been??

Maybe his blackberry broke:D:D:D

He has been absent for a while but the draft is coming up soon but not to have him comment on the whole Cutler situation or now the release of Burris in NY he is no where to be found on TV.

Possibly some plastic surgery???

Last edited:

Rumor has it that he and the NFL Network are engaged in an ugly, yet quiet, contract dispute. His contract apparently ended at the end of the season. Apparently he agreed to work under his old deal but the two sides were so far apart, 2 weeks ago the network told him to turn in his blackberry and he hasn't been heard from since.

Rumor has it that he and the NFL Network are engaged in an ugly, yet quiet, contract dispute. His contract apparently ended at the end of the season. Apparently he agreed to work under his old deal but the two sides were so far apart, 2 weeks ago the network told him to turn in his blackberry and he hasn't been heard from since.

One correction, Neil Best in Newsday says Schefter's under contract through THIS August. They're trying to get an extension done.

waldo.jpg

He's probably taking a vacation after the big FA period. Don't worry, he'll be back up starting rumors again soon.

screw him he ruined my fantasy or acquiring peppers, frekin buzzkiller.

Rumor has it that he and the NFL Network are engaged in an ugly, yet quiet, contract dispute.

I don't believe this, and here's why: Schefter is a nobody. He is a talking puppet for the NFL with no skills other than being able to speak on camera. This "contract dispute" nonsense is just a charade to make it SEEM that he is a valuable commodity. He wife recently had a baby, so my guess is that he's taking some time off before the draft and culmination of free agency kick in.

I don't believe this, and here's why: Schefter is a nobody. He is a talking puppet for the NFL with no skills other than being able to speak on camera. This "contract dispute" nonsense is just a charade to make it SEEM that he is a valuable commodity. He wife recently had a baby, so my guess is that he's taking some time off before the draft and culmination of free agency kick in.

completely agree. let me ask you a question. Do you think he and his agent agree with that? Would you? Or would you try and ask for more dough?

Thought so. Me too!

If you can't beat 'em, make them join you. That is what ESPN is doing with Schefter. Smart move by ESPN so they don't have to compete with NFLN anymore for breaking news.

It is widely believed that Schefter is spoon fed his information because of his affiliation with NFL network. We will see if this was really the case.

He must be pretty sure of his network of sources to make a jump like this.

that would suck...someone decent now joins ESPN.

Oh well. it just opens up another slot at NFLN for an up and comer to be spoon fed Nfl news. Schefter is a sell out. I would put Espn's monopoly of the media news stream on the same level as the NFL and Direct TV. I think Reiss should go apply for the job at NFLN.

Well espn added someone with respect, now if they only could fire the following

Clayton, Mort, Mark Schlerith, Meril Hodge, Steve Young, Chris Carter, Tom Jackson, Mike golic, Mike Greenberg

The network might become watchable again, but still wont watch..

Bye Adam. Nice knowing you.

I enjoy Adam's insight and I won't miss it a bit when he moves to ESPN even though I never watch. Why not? Because I can ALWAYS rely on some weenie here posting whatever any ESPN mediot says without having to watch the channel or go to their site. The folks just can't help themselves from watching. I rely on it.

I enjoy Adam's insight and I won't miss it a bit when he moves to ESPN even though I never watch. Why not? Because I can ALWAYS rely on some weenie here posting whatever any ESPN mediot says without having to watch the channel or go to their site. The folks just can't help themselves from watching. I rely on it.

good points

For espn, it is a smart business move; they add a repected, well known name among nfl fans and at the same time take one away from one of their competitors. For Schefter it is a smart career move to capitalize on an opportunity to make more money, and to move on to a bigger organization with a larger audience.

Personally I don't think it hurts us football fans because I am one of those that feels that Schefter was getting his information spoon fed to him by the NFL in an effort to make the NFL Network more relevant; the NFLN can hire somebody else to do the same exact thing. Time will tell but my guess is that Schefter will follow the path of Mortenson, constantly claiming to have 'inside information' that more often than not proves to be incorrect because those 'sources' are just using him to spread a rumor that will benefit themselves in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe