PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where does WR Donte' Stallworth fit in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archeryaddict12

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
In the 1 game against the texans he was a deep threat we needed, and Brady put the pass on the money. Why do we need a deep threat when in 1 game stallworth looked awesome.

So do we keep stallworth or not. I think we should and he knows Tom.

Since he only costs the vet minimum, I see no reason not to keep him for depth.

He will sign for the minimum and compete with a bevy of jags for a roster spot like last year. God willing, we will have better options next year too and he will once again revert to the shadows awaiting the inevitable injuries.

Two hands, two feet, and a pulse

Camp competition who may still have a little left to contribute. Decent depth, occasional big play or an easy cut if he doesn't have anything left.

That td catch was one of the highlights of the season. I felt good for Stallworth on that play. Bring him into camp and let him battle it out.

In the 1 game against the texans he was a deep threat we needed, and Brady put the pass on the money. Why do we need a deep threat when in 1 game stallworth looked awesome.

Catching one pass and being 'the deep threat we needed' are far from the same thing.
Perhpas he will come to camp but his chances of sticking are about the same as last year (probably a bit worse because of being a year older) and he was cut.

Where does Stallworth fit in?

Catching one pass and being 'the deep threat we needed' are far from the same thing.
Perhpas he will come to camp but his chances of sticking are about the same as last year (probably a bit worse because of being a year older) and he was cut.

You need a deep threat wr to catch a ball? Otherwise if he can't then he isn't a threat. Just a wr running around.

I really like Stallworth, but I don't see him as a threat everyone keeps talking about. He caught a TD, and was caught from behind. A few years back, he would have scored, but he was caught from behind. This reminds me of, "was", "remember when", "former", "could have", etc. I would be surprised if he's in training camp.

You need a deep threat wr to catch a ball? Otherwise if he can't then he isn't a threat. Just a wr running around.

You need a deep threat to catch MORE THAN ONE PASS.
He wasn't a threat, he was a guy who went deep and caught a perfectly thrown pass from Brady one time.

Don't mind him competing in camp. After all, who knows how productive he could've been if he didn't get hurt on that TD bomb vs. Houston.

And I'm NOT saying he's anywhere near an answer for our deep threat problems. I'm just saying he's at the very least a nice guy to have as competition.

Stallworth could be one of the dozen wide receivers that the patriots bring to camp this year.

He fits in the era of Patriots history where we piled up a ton of points, then lost the big game - with a cameo appearance in 2012.

Where does Stallworth fit in?

On the bench as our 5th or 6th WR is his best fit.

Stallworth could be one of the dozen wide receivers that the patriots bring to camp this year.

That's about it in a nutshell. Stallworth won't likely even crack the 53 man roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST