PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did you become a Patriot Fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time reader of this forum, first time poster. Grew up in New England and have been a Patriots fan since the 70s. Tim Fox came to my high school and challenged all of us to a 50 yard dash. He kicked our butts and he was running backwards.

Now I am in Charger country, can't wait for this season to get started.:D

I am down here in Mission Valley. They have Chargers banners on the light poles. Think if they every win anything.

But you gotta love the area.

I am down here in Mission Valley. They have Chargers banners on the light poles. Think if they every win anything.

But you gotta love the area.

Last time I visited San Diego was in 1982,Stayed at the Sheraton Harbor Inn
It was one of the most beautiful areas I had even been on vacation but thought it was strange that a city that was so big had no place they called 'a downtown'..there was none back then,I don't know now 25 years later what it looks like.

1963, 10 yrs old.

I became a Patriot fan in 1981 when they lost the Stupor Bowl to the Colts. I figured, hey, somebody needs to root for these clowns.

When I was latched to my mama's teet in 1962!

New England Patriots-Carolina Panthers Superbowl :cool: :cool: :cool:

Early 70's. I remember running past the TV and stopping. The Pats were beating the pants off the Colts. I was impressed until dear old dad pointed out how far out of contention they were:(

Last time I visited San Diego was in 1982,Stayed at the Sheraton Harbor Inn
It was one of the most beautiful areas I had even been on vacation but thought it was strange that a city that was so big had no place they called 'a downtown'..there was none back then,I don't know now 25 years later what it looks like.

The gas lamp district in SD is beautiful and alot of fun. I guess that would be their downtown.

BTW, became a fan in 1985 @ 12 yrs old.

I've been a Pats fan for the better part of 20 years or so. I've been as season tix holder since 1994.

i believe it was 97. was a giant fan, but more importantly a huge dave meggett fan. then it snowballed from then.

Pretty much when i was born in 82

I was born in Mass and lived in Methuen.
My Dad had been a huge fan and had season tickets.

that's all i got for now

Amazing, Keegs. I have lived in Methuen my whole life! I see you made the trek out of town quite early in your life?

Growing up in the Boston area in the 50's I was a Giant fan. Y. A. Tittle, Roosevelt Greer, Roosevelt Brown, Sam Huff etc. Couldn't help being a fan of a NY team cus they were on TV every Sunday during football season.

But when the AFL Boston franchise began in 1960 I was a fan. Got beat up a lot because of it. All my friends were still Giant fans. Until Willie Joe came along I could never win an agrument.

Go Kentucky Babe (I liked him better than Saban)

Oops

Memory Fart - Songin not Saban (Butch's of different fathers crossed up in my brain.)

My whole life. Born and raised in Boston and a fan of all home teams.

Day one. Prior to that was a Browns fan.

Since the early 90's when we had Ben Coates and Curtis Martin. Coates is my all time favourite Patriots player and I'm hoping he gets voted into the Hall of Fame.

As a teenager in NJ. Approx. 1974. Team w/ Plunkett, Russ Francis, Sam Bam, John Hannah, Stingley, etc.

Amazing, Keegs. I have lived in Methuen my whole life! I see you made the trek out of town quite early in your life?

Yeah i moved away in the 2nd grade so that kinda sucked

Said this before,but I think its about 30 years.I 'm a canuck ,live in Halifax.In those early cable days we would get NFL games a lot after the CFL ended in November.(Our regulatory board had some "Canadian content" rulings that restricted the amount of tv from "the great satan" (USA) in those days.My dad was a big baseball and football fan,he liked to watch the NFL and CFL.We got the Boston feed on the cable network ,which usually had ,you guessed it,NEP games.My dad would be watching and making remarks about Mack Herron,I started watching with him.Been a Pats Fan ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe