PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did Matty Ice know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noexcusesfornumber5

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Plenty of shots of his roaming the sidelines, unable to sit and talk to his team. Early on, even when they were up by 25 points. Brady sat, and talked, almost after every series.

At the end of the half, he just kept looking at the scoreboard. Even when he came of the field, he never rested. Did he know that the D was not strong enough? Is Brady that intimidating?

When did Matty and the Falcons start to feel like the game was no longer theirs?

Not to change the subject but everyone should stop using his High School nickname given that he's 31 and has yet to win a really big game since High School. Almost like calling Manziel Johnny Football still. Almost.

Better yet, when will it become Tommy Ice?

Seriously, Tom is the only one in the NFL that can, if he wanted, claim "Ice" to be his last name. His career literally defines the idea of having ice in his veins. He even puts defenses on ice as if they make one wrong move, they slip and he takes advantage.

That being said, Ryan's face always looks the same EXCEPT for his eyes. Any time he is in a rut, or feels pressure, they're just a bit more wide while having this defining gaze. I've always seen that in the games I've seen of his.

Matty Ice has reached a level that I never thought would be possible with him. Now he's got to show that consistently year in year out. He says the right things, doesn't make excuses. A class act.

I think the Falcons knew at overtime, only Ryan went out for the coin toss

I genuinely feel for him .. but this Lombardi just had to be Patriot

His txt reads:
ryan_matt02We came up short last night and my heart hurts for you Atlanta. Hats off to New England they played a heck of a game. We will adapt, we will over come, we will #RiseUp again.

This game can be cruel at times. I'm sure all offseason Matty Ice will be trying to figure out a way to earn a trophy that was pretty much in his grasp last night.

Matt ryan didn't lose that game.

Don't go down that road
I don't think he meant "Ryan lost the game" at all. He is asking when was the moment when Ryan realized that the tide was severely turning in the game. When did Ryan "KNOW" the Pats were gonna snatch it away?

This game can be cruel at times. I'm sure all offseason Matty Ice will be trying to figure out a way to earn a trophy that was pretty much in his grasp last night.
Many never get another chance, especially with free agency

Not to change the subject but everyone should stop using his High School nickname given that he's 31 and has yet to win a really big game since High School. Almost like calling Manziel Johnny Football still. Almost.

He just won the games required to get his team to the Super Bowl. Those were really big games.

It started off so gloriously.....

Matt ryan didn't lose that game.

Don't go down that road

I agree it's far more on play calling and the Pats playing amazing complimentary football... but they didn't go crap after getting that TD early in the 3rd. 344 yards and 21 offensive points was never going to cut it against NE. The fact is, while Brady was roaring his team back, the Falcons couldn't do anything. Part of that is on Ryan. He's the field general. He could have made a play, thrown the ball away instead of taking a sack, audibled into a run here or there. The fact is, he couldn't make the plays when they needed to. You see Brady finding mismatches and audibling all the time. Ryan has to take some of the blame for that offense falling flat on it's face. You are never going to beat the Pats playing conservative either.

Anywho, 1/8 on 3rd down doesn't reflect well on Ryan. It's not like his receivers were dropping balls, he just couldn't keep the chains moving when it counted. He didn't lose the game, but he sure as hell didn't a damn thing towards winning it in the 2nd half. 31 unanswered points. A QB just can't let that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes