PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whats the NFL do if Brady gets intercepted in the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
And the opposing team measures the PSI of the football on a cold January day in Foxboro and finds it lower than 12.5? Hypothetically speaking of course.

NFL will be stuck between a rock and a hard place. They can't not do nothing since they punished us the first time severely for low pressure footballs, and yet they can't punish us again as severely since they ignored the Giants claim... excuse me - said that protocol was observed. Whatever the hell that means.

Do they shrug it off or do another witch hunt? Hmm perhaps I should post a poll.

And the opposing team measures the PSI of the football on a cold January day in Foxboro and finds it lower than 12.5? Hypothetically speaking of course.

NFL will be stuck between a rock and a hard place. They can't not do nothing since they punished us the first time severely for low pressure footballs, and yet they can't punish us again as severely since they ignored the Giants claim... excuse me - said that protocol was observed. Whatever the hell that means.

Do they shrug it off or do another witch hunt? Hmm perhaps I should post a poll.
they will do whatever they want. the first thing that f--king douche bag Goodell will say is. there's a track record and a previous offense. and then he will proceed to do whatever the hell he wants.

What about insuring the PSI is OK when the game starts, then make it obvious nobody on the Pats could have done anything to it?

Only problem I see is if an incepted ball is low, it vindicates the Pats. :p

I think they'd say the Pats have a history of this and BB is now banned for life from the NFL (retroactive punishment for Spygate) and TB suspended for 1 year for deflating footballs yet once again!

The other team would be in trouble for tampering with the Footballs. And what ever numbers come out, as long as the proper pre game procudure or chain of custody was followed.. nothing will happen.

Its over. I don't think the NFL is coming at the Patriots anymore.. they can't make it to obvious that they wanna us out of the national spotlight. They want new teams every year and the Patriots are just not playing along.

The other team would be in trouble for tampering with the Footballs.

I disagree, Giants got in no trouble for tampering with footballs even though its against the rules, as the ****s did not. If we face the Bronco's at home and Talib intercepts Brady and they measure the football and its below 12.5 in cold weather, I see a huge commotion once again because its... you know... the Patriots.

There will never be another NFL investigation of footballs that lost pressure due to weather.

Why? The NFL now KNOWS that they EFFED UP in not understanding 8th grade science, They will NEVER admit it, and the extreme measures / lies / deceit to in order to cover up their stupidity, but they KNOW that they screwed Brady big time and that makes them happy. However, they won't easily go on another stupid witch hunt where they later have to go to such great lengths to disguise their ignorance.

If I was the owner, I would put cameras everywhere and private security following everyone around to be sure the NFL 'fairness' fix wasn't in. After all, we aren't the Giants we can't expect anything from this league!

If I was the owner, I would put cameras everywhere and private security following everyone around to be sure the NFL 'fairness' fix wasn't in. After all, we aren't the Giants we can't expect anything from this league!

I'm actually shocked RK didn't do that after spygate... Oh wait I guess he did and the cameras saw the ball boy go into the bathroom to take a piss and that meant he deflated 14 footballs in 30 seconds.... yeah sry my bad.

You may remember last season it was revealed that NFL security swept the visitors locker room at Gillette prior to a game. The Krafts were so distrustful of the league that they wanted to hire a security firm to do their own sweep before each game and certify that there were no listening devices. They were afraid that the league would plant devices and then claim they found them. That's pretty bad.

Just a stupid curious question, but if a def team picks off a ball and takes it to the sideline, and claim it, can't they do anything they want to it since it is out of play. Maybe they wanted it for a memento, or whatever reason, and hence its out of circulation and no longer in that game. It's their ball. And it should never get back into the game right? DO they need to declare this? "Hey Hochiulli, its Williams 100th Int, we grabbed the ball, ok?" .

As opposed to a ball that gets fumbles out bounds and into the bench area, the players find it and do a quick psi test while shielded from view under the gatorade table, take a pic of the results, "they're in big f'in trouble now" they think, and throw it back to Hochiulli.

Two completely different scenarios obviously. Are they handled under the same set of rules?

Last edited:
Whatever it is it won't the right thing. The league will look worse. And it will just piss off the 2 old goats more.

The other team would be in trouble for tampering with the Footballs. And what ever numbers come out, as long as the proper pre game procudure or chain of custody was followed.. nothing will happen.

Its over. I don't think the NFL is coming at the Patriots anymore.. they can't make it to obvious that they wanna us out of the national spotlight. They want new teams every year and the Patriots are just not playing along.
Wow. That is awfully naive.

If Bob Kraft did that the other owners wouldn't let him sit at the big boy table anymore.

So before this question was brought up I was looking forward to the playoffs good football with a lot on the line. Now I will be wondering what the league is going to do to derail the pats because the sad fact is I can totally see them pulling something like that and looking like asshat hypocrites be damned. Article 46 has been backed up in federal court so they can literally do whatever they want and say "integrity of the game blah blah blah integrity integrity". I hope every patriot player, coach, and staff member are on 100% best behavior and go to ANY measure necessary to cover and protect their ass. Branch's suspension getting thrown out gives me some slight hope that if the facts overwhelmingly support the pats they might be able to get out of it but I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes