Whatever Happens, Tebow At Least Finished On a High Note

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Whatever Happens, Tebow At Least Finished On a High Note
By: Ian Logue

Regardless of what happens this weekend, if he doesn't end up making the team this weekend Tim Tebow can at least say he went out his way....

"If TT is toast at least he leaves on a fun note"

AIIIIEEEEGH! Get out of my head! :eek: ;)

It was kind of a ****** show out there again, although it was less of a ****** show than Game 2 so if you want to call that a "High Note"....

It was kind of a ****** show out there again, although it was less of a ****** show than Game 2 so if you want to call that a "High Note"....

It's all relative ;) I'm just trying to be fair since so many people obviously care, but it's hopefully the last Tebow article of the preseason. Time to move on and start talking about the guys who are actually going to play this season, so aside from when it's reported he's cut or staying, that's it from me on him.

One thing I'll point out from this article:

Looking back at his entire body of work, one thing that stood out was the number failed attempts on 2nd down throwing the ball. Tebow finished 4-of-14 (29% Completion rate) along with two sacks. That generally makes third down even more difficult, and that was certainly the case. Of the 18 third downs Tebow faced, they were in 3rd-and-8 or worse on 12 of them, including 9 from 10 yards or more. That obviously explains why he converted just four of them – although one of those conversions was a touchdown because the league scores a touchdown as a ‘first down’.

So for those who still feel he's NFL ready (or ready at the level the Patriots play at) that's an ugly stat. Kills a lot of drives and makes it nearly impossible to convert and sustain them. But it was a nice story and good for him for having a better game at home. But time to move on.

I'm going to lock this thread - we have enough of discussions about him as it is and this was just the auto post due to the blog entry. So certainly feel free to continue discussing him in one of the other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes