PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What you expect/want in the first round

Skoronski projects as an NFL guard IMHO...

Skoronski projects as an NFL guard IMHO...

Ha, how many of us would get projectile vomit if the Patriots draft another guard in the first round this year?

Anyway, there has been a lot of talk about how the Patriots should trade down in the first, but, apparently, a lot of other teams want to do the same so the Patriots may not find a dance partner and will have to stay, ah, pat or, yikes, trade up. If there is the predicted (by Fred From Dartmouth -- FFD) run on CBs early in the first, then the Patriots may find slim pickings at 14.

Players that I think the Patriots (not necessarily me) will love, in the first two rounds

Bijan Robinson
Jahmyr Gibbs
Michael Mayer
Darnell Washington
Devon Witherspoon
DJ Turner
Emmanuel Forbes
Deonte Banks
Quan Martin
Clarke Phillips
Brian Branch

Don't think they'll be super high on any of the tackles

Guregian is right. No tradedown in the first. Get an A list player. I like JSN, Witherspoon, Robinson, Johnson.

What do i expect, pure and unadulterated dissapointment. Has anyone EVa came close to Bill's first round pick, anyone? Don't hate me, hate the game! F this draft boards, your all wrong!

It has to be either Forbes or Banks. Both are physical, over 6 feet & run 4.35 40's. If we've learned anything over the past 20 years, its that BB's defense needs a shutdown corner. Both of these guys fit the bill.

What do i expect, pure and unadulterated dissapointment. Has anyone EVa came close to Bill's first round pick, anyone? Don't hate me, hate the game! F this draft boards, your all wrong!
I desperately wanted Chandler Jones. Getting Hightower on top of that was even better.

Guregian is right. No tradedown in the first. Get an A list player. I like JSN, Witherspoon, Robinson, Johnson.
Someone on each our draft boards will drop to 14.

For example, Kiper has Nolan Smith being available, after GB scoops away Wright (our possible 10 year RT)
============
The open question is who is available that Groh has rated as a top prospect, even with a move up.

Lukas Van Ness is the only player I've seen linked to us recently that I don't want. Not enough bend or twitch, if you are going to be an edge I need to see some moves other than a bull rush.

Feel free to leave your apology as many of us wanted Gonzalez.

Feel free to leave your apology as many of us wanted Gonzalez.
I went to bed after trading down. Praying for a miracle, ill be dam.

MY apology to Pats nation. First time i am not shocked with the first round pick in a long long time. I think many would agree about my pessimism. Your confidence is impressive and yes its time to gloat. You was right, Bill picked what fans was thinking this year, HURRAY, Finally...

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back