PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would you pay to trade for Jairus Byrd

jsull87

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As per NFL.com Jairus Byrd believed to be open to Buffalo Bills trade - NFL.com

Jairus Byrd is open to being traded from the Bills.

This would be another piece in the defensive Puzzle. We could also hopefully use some of the money freed up by Hernandez to pay the man long term.

I just wanted to see what the board's opinion was on if he Byrd at top 5 Saftey money would be worth it to the Pats. I think it would have a big effect on the secondary potentially having Dennard, McCourty, Talib and Byrd on the field at the same time. (possibly could even let McCourty go back to CB with a solid pro behind him.

I know it is not probable a trade within the division but a PB player wanting to be traded at a position the pats have been weak at is something to think about.

To trade in the division = overpay ... not happening.

I'd take that money and sign McCourty, who is a better Free Safety and 100 times the leader and example Byrd will ever be.

I'd prefer to wait out until he hits Free Agency. Even then, I'd prefer a stud SS opposed to another FS.

Nothing, I like what Adrian Wilson brings to the secondary. Jarius Byrd doesn't bring that. McCourty>Byrd.

We could also hopefully use some of the money freed up by Hernandez to pay the man long term.

Confused about this statement.

it would take at lest a 2th round pick and a 10 million per contract to Byrd, and Aqib Talib and Devin McCourty are both FA's next year. so you get Byrd long term but you loose your two best DB's and your right back were you started

it would take at lest a 2th round pick and a 10 million per contract to Byrd, and Aqib Talib and Devin McCourty are both FA's next year. so you get Byrd long term but you loose your two best DB's and your right back were you started

Does McCourty not have one more year after this season?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back