PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would be the worst possible Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Romo picking a Jags Packers Super Bowl, which is probably the two smallest markets in the NFL, inspired the idea. What two teams would lead to the worst ratings for a Super Bowl that’s even possible?

The criteria would be a combination of:

Small Market.
Historical irrelevance.
Lack of an interesting storyline.

Green Bay may have a small market, but are very relevant historically and have a high level QB.

Jets may be historically incompetent, but are in a large market.

Even in the case of the Browns, I think that they’ve been so bad that people would be drawn to the shock of them reaching a Super Bowl.

Factoring everything, I think Bills Bucs would be the worst possible matchup possible. Both pretty much fit into every category above. Would be a complete ratings disaster IMO. Can anyone think of a worse one?

Not for us, but something like the Patriots vs the Bucs could have a low rating. People may be burned out by the Patriots success and feel they'd be more than a match for the Bucs. And who cares about the Bucs?

Second Choice for NFC would be the Bears.
Second choice for AFC, Titans. Bills would be a close choice, but it would be a talk about redemption from the 4 losses in a row.

Chargers or Jags vs. Bucs or Lions.

Us vs everybody. Everyone is burned out on the Pats.

Texans or Titans or Jags vs bucs.

Based on your criteria I'd agree Bucs-Bills would be the worst.

Based on my fandom, I'd say Steelers-Giants would be the worst.

I think it would be the one in the Tom Clancy book where terrorists exploded a nuclear bomb during the SB.

This assumes Peyton Manning or the Jets were not participating.

Titans/Bucs. Relatively insignificant markets, no historical interest, less than intense local fan base with no existing national following and the only real storyline would be Mariota/Winston. Yawn.

Interesting question but I think it’s pretty obvious who would make the worst Super Bowl. How about, what Super Bowl matchup do you want to see?

It’s pretty hard to argue against Aaron Rodgers versus Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. Or how about Tom Brady versus Drew Brees? Or even last year when Carson Wentz was leading the league in touchdown passes would have been a great matchup against Tom Brady. The Rams “super team” could be a team to look out for next year. Speaking of the Rams, they really need to change those damn uniforms.

The Super Bowl matchup I really want to see before Tom Brady retires is him going up against Jimmy G. That would be ratings gold.

I think the Niners or about 1 to 2 years away from serious consideration.

Yay! Another thread pondering something negative! Happy summer, folks -- winter is just 'round the corner ...

gun to head.jpg

Jetes versus Lions. The only winners are those who don't attend.

Interesting question but I think it’s pretty obvious who would make the worst Super Bowl. How about, what Super Bowl matchup do you want to see?

It’s pretty hard to argue against Aaron Rodgers versus Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. Or how about Tom Brady versus Drew Brees? Or even last year when Carson Wentz was leading the league in touchdown passes would have been a great matchup against Tom Brady. The Rams “super team” could be a team to look out for next year. Speaking of the Rams, they really need to change those damn uniforms.

The Super Bowl matchup I really want to see before Tom Brady retires is him going up against Jimmy G. That would be ratings gold.

I think the Niners or about 1 to 2 years away from serious consideration.
I predict jimmy g will never play in a Sb.

Jets vs. Giants would suck.....

Yup. Not very likely though, especially with help from the NYFL. Everything they try to fix ends up broken.

There you have it, folks. Bet the farm on the 49ers making it to the Super Bowl in the next few years.

I dunno, NFC is stacked...eagles, rams, packers, seahawks.

I dunno, NFC is stacked...eagles, rams, packers, seahawks.
It was more of a joke than anything. However, if Jimmy G limits the turnovers and continues on his current progression, I don’t see them being far off from putting a team around him to contend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back