PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Would be Appropriate Punishment for Vick?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many games should Vick be suspended, if he's connected to the dogfighting ring?

Votes: 4 5.9%

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 3 4.4%

Votes: 11 16.2%

Votes: 7 10.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 year

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Life

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chain him to a tree, cut his ears off. Beat him a up with a hammer and leave him outside for a week without food or medical care.

I voted for 1 year, because after Atlanta went and traded away Schaub I think a 1 year suspension would potentially end the Vick family experiment in the NFL.

But if your option had been included I would have given that serious consideration for my vote as a viable and oddly more satisfying alternative form of punishment - because I think he's playing his way out of the league sooner than later anyway.

Life. Dog fighting is way overboard in my book. Talk about cruel and unusual...

Wow, there's a possibility I hadn't even considered.

There's another.....The Senate just unamimously passed a law making it a federal crime to traffic dogs across state lines for the purposes of fighting. Three year maximum sentence.

On SI today, Don Banks supplied yet more damning evidence connecting Vick's to the dog fighting ring being run on his property. Although the jury is technically still out on this one, it's hard to imagine there not being more evidence of Vick being up to his neck in this thing than there was in any of the individual incidents on Pacman Jones' rap sheet.

Suppose, going into the regular season, Vick's prosecution for his involvement is still on-going, but at least some sort of conviction is all but guaranteed.

What do you think would be an appropriate number of games for Vick to be suspended?

When was he arrested?

Or is sports illustrated now in charge of our legal system?:confused:

When was he arrested?

Or is sports illustrated now in charge of our legal system?:confused:

He hasn't been, yet. Here is my post from another thread. It doesn't look good for him and based on the public evidence available it seems as if it will only be a matter of time.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/11312/VA/US/

Here is a link with a bunch of compiled media reports on the situation.

Some interesting tidbits listed in the compilation:

petabuse said:
"Goodwin said authorities found 66 dogs on the property, mostly pit bulls who appeared to be involved in organized fighting. He estimated it would cost up to $100 a day just to feed that number of animals, not to mention other hefty expenses."

petabuse said:
The Virginia Animal Fighting Task Force (VAFTF) responded to assist Virginia State Police and Drug Task Force officers upon the execution of a search warrant on April 25, 2007 at the Smithfield, Virginia property of Michael Vick. Evidence seized included:

• a number of injured American Pit Bull Terrier dogs
• animal fighting paraphernalia
• animal training and breeding equipment including a "rape stand," a device in which a female dog who is too aggressive to submit to males for breeding is strapped down to an elevated stand while her head is held in place by a restraint
• a “break” or “parting” stick used to pry open fighting dogs’ mouths during fights
• treadmills and “slat mills” used to condition dogs out of public view
• assorted paperwork documenting involvement in animal fighting ventures
• performance enhancing pharmaceuticals commonly used to increase the fighting potential in dogs trained for fighting, and to keep injured dogs fighting longer

petabuse said:
Mallonnee interviewed employees of a store near Vick's property and reported:

"There's a store nearby and the clerks there said, 'Yeah, he comes in here often to buy supplies, lots of supplies, for the dogs, including things like syringes.'"

petabuse said:
Prosecutors say that Vick's claims about never visiting the home and being completely unaware of what was happening at the Surry County home are simply not true. Additionally, WAVY searched their archive for chopper footage of back when the Vick home was being built in 2003, when Vick had his double-wide trailer hauled away and a 4700 square foot home built.

Their footage clearly shows the same three outbuildings used to contain some of the the dogs, complete with areas for training, and evidence of dogs at the property.

Interviews with a construction worker who helped build the house in 2003 confirmed not only that Vick was there routinely while the house was being built, but also that there were at least 40 dogs on the property, as well as the dog-fighting equipment police seized.

According to the Commonwealth Attorney, there is no question that Vick visits the Surry property often.

Last edited:
He hasn't been, yet. Here is my post from another thread. It doesn't look good for him and based on the public evidence available it seems as if it will only be a matter of time.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/11312/VA/US/

Here is a link with a bunch of compiled media reports on the situation.

Some interesting tidbits listed in the compilation:

Evidence is what's produced in a court room. Judges and juries don't read sports magazines then try cases.

Wow, there's a possibility I hadn't even considered.

I'm happy to say that I'm not familiar with the economics of the dog fighting business, but it seems sadly logical that these people don't invest time, property and cash in training dogs to fight without making money from it. this is all kind of disgusting...

Evidence is what's produced in a court room. Judges and juries don't read sports magazines then try cases.

They don't disregard evidence just because it appears in a sports publication, either.

My opinion, by the way, is that if Pacman Jones' assorted misbehaviors are worth a full year, involvement in something as calculatedly cruel and entirely felonious as a dog fighting ring needs to be worth a lifetime ban.

Jones' incidents show him to be a thug, and a classless, immature and reckless kid who can be counted on to do the exact wrong thing in any sketchy situation... but what Vick (allegedly) has done is a continuous series of premeditated illegal acts, each of which serving a goal that is disgusting, immoral and cruel.
Ditto, well said

Put him in a dog fight pit.

Put him in a dog fight pit.

Michael...Marcus...whatever. Both brother cut from the same cloth. It is true what they say about apples and trees, after all.

Looks like the property is up for sale:
VICK'S VIRGINIA HOUSE IS FOR SALE

Two weeks ago, authorities found nearly 77 emaciated and injured dogs at Michael Vick's property in Surry County, Virginia.

And now the house has been put up for sale by Vick.

According to WAVY-TV, those "Beware of Dog" signs have been replaced by a placard that reads "For Sale by Owner."

Sources told WAVY that the property is priced to sell quickly.

The move makes sense to us. With the dog-fighting operation shut down, there's no reason for Vick to keep the place, right?

Anyone who voted for 0 should be abused and forced to fight to the death. If Vick is connected to this junk, he needs to pay. Some people are unreal :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like the property is up for sale:
VICK'S VIRGINIA HOUSE IS FOR SALE

Two weeks ago, authorities found nearly 77 emaciated and injured dogs at Michael Vick's property in Surry County, Virginia.

And now the house has been put up for sale by Vick.

According to WAVY-TV, those "Beware of Dog" signs have been replaced by a placard that reads "For Sale by Owner."

Sources told WAVY that the property is priced to sell quickly.

The move makes sense to us. With the dog-fighting operation shut down, there's no reason for Vick to keep the place, right?

I'd be surprised if the authorities let that place be sold yet.

Right.. but as I stated in the other thread, this is the public evidence available, who knows how much the authorities have.

And based on evidence dug up by the media i.e. the chopper footage etc.. it doesn't look good for ol' Michael. Do you think if the media can find a construction worker for an interview the state of Virginia and the FBI can't?

But thanks for the lesson on the judicial system. ;)

He should be forced to have cats

The entire offseason sequestered on a Pacific island with Bridget Bardot.

I'd be surprised if the authorities let that place be sold yet.

Now that you mention it,it does seem strange that at this point he's apparently still in complete control of the property.

Anyone else wonder who else may be involved in this? What are the chances that some of Vick's buddies on the Falcons (or other teams) are involved in this? Remember the whole Vikings party boat had several participants.

Sure hope no Pats were involved.

I would love to see Vick suspended for a significant amount of time and see Joey Harrington come in a steal the job away. Any one who is cruel to animals deserves to fry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes