PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Would be Appropriate Punishment for Vick?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many games should Vick be suspended, if he's connected to the dogfighting ring?

Votes: 4 5.9%

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 3 4.4%

Votes: 11 16.2%

Votes: 7 10.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 year

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Life

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat_Nasty

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
On SI today, Don Banks supplied yet more damning evidence connecting Vick's to the dog fighting ring being run on his property. Although the jury is technically still out on this one, it's hard to imagine there not being more evidence of Vick being up to his neck in this thing than there was in any of the individual incidents on Pacman Jones' rap sheet.

Suppose, going into the regular season, Vick's prosecution for his involvement is still on-going, but at least some sort of conviction is all but guaranteed.

What do you think would be an appropriate number of games for Vick to be suspended?

I think Vick is gone for 6 games - possibly 4 if Goodell is in a good mood - Possibly 8 games if Goodell really personally hates cruelty to animals.

Last edited:
On SI today, Don Banks supplied yet more damning evidence connecting Vick's to the dog fighting ring being run on his property. Although the jury is technically still out on this one, it's hard to imagine that there's not going to be enough to convict him on something related to his involvement.

In light of the one year suspension for Pac Man Jones, how many games would be appropriate for Michael Vick?

Vick needs to be suspended, he has had just about as much off field stuff as Pacman or Henry.. Though not as servere, Vick should sit the first month of the season out..

I do think Mike Vick is a very overated QB, and he has gotten not 1 but 2 coaches fired, and was able to pursuade the organization to trade his biggest competition.. Atlanta is doomed for the next 5 yrs, and I do think he needs to sit for at least 4 games..

Try to keep this topic into one post especially since it does not involve a Patriot - You have a poll and a post on the same very topic when it should have been combined into one.

oh lookie--we have a fan of animal abuse voting...how charming...

My opinion, by the way, is that if Pacman Jones' assorted misbehaviors are worth a full year, involvement in something as calculatedly cruel and entirely felonious as a dog fighting ring needs to be worth a lifetime ban.

Jones' incidents show him to be a thug, and a classless, immature and reckless kid who can be counted on to do the exact wrong thing in any sketchy situation... but what Vick (allegedly) has done is a continuous series of premeditated illegal acts, each of which serving a goal that is disgusting, immoral and cruel.

Try to keep this topic into one post especially since it does not involve a Patriot - You have a poll and a post on the same very topic when it should have been combined into one.

My bad... I think the post came about during an aborted attempt to create the poll.

If anyone can delete the post and just keep the poll, or merge the two, please do.

oh lookie--we have a fan of animal abuse voting...how charming...

Has to be a Falcon troll who snuck in here and voted,You know even Animal Lovers in Atlanta are saying ..let Vick play

Where's the "Swift kick in the nuts" option?

Vick is a turd. On another note, how bad of a decision does it now look like to have traded Schaub. :rolleyes:

You reap what you sow.

Has to be a Falcon troll who snuck in here and voted,You know even Animal Lovers in Atlanta are saying ..let Vick play

I am the 2nd vote for Let Vick Play.
Terrible behavior. Wouldn't even shake the man's hand if i met him.
But there are adequate laws.
It's not a football matter.

A 10-year jail sentence would suspend him for 10 years.
Or trade him to Cleveland, where he'd have to
play in front of the Dog Pound.

Chain him to a tree, cut his ears off. Beat him a up with a hammer and leave him outside for a week without food or medical care.

It's a crime, and it's an awful thing. So, even if he didn't know about it, he has to be held responsible for the people/posse that he lets hang around him and use his home. 8 games under these circumstances.

If he knew about it but wasn't actively involved, one season.

If he knew about it, helped organize it and benefitted from it financially, kick him out of the league.

I think Vick is gone for 6 games - possibly 4 if Goodell is in a good mood - Possibly 8 games if Goodell really personally hates cruelty to animals.

If the evidence against Vick continues to come out against him it may not be Goodell that keeps him off the field. It will be the Virginia Department of Corrections.

If he knew about it, helped organize it and benefitted from it financially, kick him out of the league.

Wow, there's a possibility I hadn't even considered.

If the evidence against Vick continues to come out against him it may not be Goodell that keeps him off the field. It will be the Virginia Department of Corrections.

Seriously... if Vick provided, or even promised, back-up money to his cousins so they could take bets on the dog fights, he could be looking at RICO charges, and end up in Federal "PMITA" prison.

Surely I can't be the only one who would pay a significant pay per view fee (all proceeds going to the SPCA of course) to watch Michael Vick in a 12 Round Cage Match with all his "pets".... while wearing Milkbone underwear.

Vick should be less worried about the length of his suspension and more about the length of his prison sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST