PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would an NFL Hall of Shame look like?

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We can have one at www.patsfans.com, even if Goodell does not sign off. Besides, he might be an inductee. :p

My general guidelines is the player spent at least three seasons. It could also be coaches or other inDUHviduals that were embarrassing to the game. Included would be notable plays.

Charter members would include Terrell Owens - the ultimate locker cancer.

Joe Pisarcik and OC Bob Gibson (see Noteable plays below)

Noteable plays: Miracle at the Meadowlands (I know - I know, but let someone else mention that other fumble in NJ)

The entire thing would be dedicated to the Butt Fumble.

110928-ring-of-honor-cp--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

I hate to be "that guy," but wouldn't the "undefeated" Patriots who couldn't win the super bowl be somewhere at the top of the list?

It would have Roger Goodell as the Commissioner.

Goodell
Modell
Tim Tebow (fakest person alive)
OJ
Rice

OJ Simpsons HOF bust.

I would reserve membership for OJ, Hernandez, Ray Lewis, Rae Carruth, Leonard Little, etc...etc...

*As far as Lewis is concerned I don't believe he was an active participant in the murder but his refusal to name the murderer and help convict them is still a disgrace worthy of entry.

I wouldn't put the head cases and attitude problems in, only those who caused serious damage and loss of life.

Fun thread...my proposal for a start.

Players:
OJ
Carruth
Hernandez
Vick
Plaxico
Romanowski
Pollard
Leaf (did he play 3 years though?)

Coaches:
Mangina
Fairbanks
Alosi

Other:
Goodell
Irsay
Hochuli
Boger

Exhibits:
Buttfumble
0-16 Lions
History of the NY Jets
Anatomy of a Playoff Pick Six: The Peyton Manning Playoff Legacy
Zebras of Shame: Rotating Exhibits of Poorly Refereed Games (Super Bowl XL Headlining)
Morons: Samples of Sub-6 Scores on the Wonderlic

If you're going to put in Irsay, you need to add the Maryland legislature. Irsay bugged out in the middle of the night because Maryland was about to seize the team by eminent domain.

Owners
  • Jerry Jones
  • Daniel Snyder
  • Jimmy Haslam (post season 2013 fiasco of firing everybody in an attempt to lure Jim Harbaugh)
  • Al Davis (Yes, he's in the HoF, helped merge the AFL into the NFL, but let's not forget his last 20 years)
Plays
  • Cowboy Leon Lett setting up a Dolphins TD score by running the wrong way to the 1 yard line
  • Jim Marshall running the wrong way scoring for the Vikings opponent
  • Again, Miracle of the Meadowlands. Herman Edwards would be a hero until he coaches the Jets.
  • Garo Yepremian's "pass" the Redskins intercepted in SB VII for a TD. Otherwise this would have been the only shutout in SB history.
  • Performers - not players. Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson at SB halftime in 2004.
  • Heidi Game in 1968 - NBC goes to Heidi denying viewers the Raiders comeback victory over the Jets.
Tampa Bay's 0-14 season and going 0-26 before their 1st win.

On November 23, 1989, the Philadelphia Eagles defeated Dallas by a score of 27-0 on Thanksgiving. However, the game will always be known as Bounty Bowl for the post-game allegation from Dallas coach Jimmy Johnson that Philly coach Buddy Ryan had taken out a "bounty" (or price for a knocking a player out of the game) on Cowboy quarterback Troy Aikman and kicker Luis Zendejas.

Marino losing his last game to the Jaguars 62-7

The Love Boat in Minnesota - 2005. My favorite "fantasy team" :D

Michael Vick

Mike Tice scalping SB tickets

Colts moving from Baltimore in the middle of the night

Last edited:
I hate to be "that guy," but wouldn't the "undefeated" Patriots who couldn't win the super bowl be somewhere at the top of the list?

So almost five months of excellence get nullified because of a close loss in a game that 30 other teams were not able to reach ?

Not sure I agree.

Ahhh.... the "Roger Goodell Memorial Building"

Welker drop, Asante Samuel INT drop

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes