PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What this league has become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simkin

Banned
Reaction score
End of Jets-Broncos. Wtf? What is that league? If you are in a hurry throw a bomb and expect for the flag? Its awesome, really really really awesome. Thanks Goddell for Flag football League

End of Jets-Broncos. Wtf? What is that league? If you are in a hurry throw a bomb and expect for the flag? Its awesome, really really really awesome. Thanks Goddell for Flag football League

He grabbed his facemask! You can see why they through the flags!

He grabbed his facemask! You can see why they through the flags!

They didn't start calling that until after the patriots destroyed marvin hrrison and reggie wayne in the playoffs.

Thank the pats

Not sure what the problem was with the call. It was pretty obvious.

Its outstanding. This Jets are unbettable. I bet some ref is getting good money in Las Vegas or something lol lol lol

those penelties are really irritating good or bad cause it's a huge penalty it should just be 10 or 15 yarder and first down

Jets cant be defeated they are bleesed for some referee in las vegas

Not sure what the problem was with the call. It was pretty obvious.

Simkin just likes to moan ;)

Since Pats finished playing, he couldn't moan about Meriweather, so it was RGs turn! ;)

Jets cant be defeated they are bleesed for some referee in las vegas lol lol lol

They didn't start calling that until after the patriots destroyed marvin hrrison and reggie wayne in the playoffs.

Thank the pats

They didn't call it when a safety grabbed a WR's facemask when he's trying to make a catch?

I'm as pissed at this loss as you guys are, but that was just an awful awful play by the safety. Sanchez had nowhere to go and he bailed them out, not the refs.

Much worse was the one on McCourty today. As the rules are currently being enforced the defender has NO RIGHT AS IN ZERO to be on the field. The pass was thrown too far inside, McCourty stride for stride with the reciever. The reciever tries to go THROUGH HIM to the ball. NOT McCourty interferring with him. Absolute bull**** and ruins the game of football.

They didn't call it when a safety grabbed a WR's facemask when he's trying to make a catch?

I'm as pissed at this loss as you guys are, but that was just an awful awful play by the safety. Sanchez had nowhere to go and he bailed them out, not the refs.
The call was correct but I would like to see the penalty be less steep. You just cannot give over 46 yards with the game on the line. It's patently ridiculous.

The call was correct but I would like to see the penalty be less steep. You just cannot give over 46 yards with the game on the line. It's patently ridiculous.

It's a tough situation because like I said, Sanchez had nowhere to go and Denver had that play defended to perfection. hey should have won that game, just a fatal mistake by the safety. But what can you do it's the rule

I've been saying it for years, the rule has to be changed. To be able to just launch a 70-yard bomb and get all those yards with one penalty is insane. It has to be capped as a 15-yard penalty, like personal fouls.

I've been saying it for years, the rule has to be changed. To be able to just launch a 70-yard bomb and get all those yards with one penalty is insane. It has to be capped as a 15-yard penalty, like personal fouls.

I agree totally. Those 15 yarders HURT too.

But 45 yards on one penalty is just insanity.

I agree that this type of accidental holding penalty should be like a 10 yard penalty, but no doubt it was penalty. One hates to see a hail mary pass like this determine the game. But the Broncos had a number of other calls go their way, so give the conspiracy theories a rest

It does seem insane that a PI penalty could be 3 or 4 times more yards than a personal foul. But the smart money would be defenders dragging down guys whenever they're beat. Give up a TD or 15 yards? Easy decision.

I'd like to see different levels of PI though, with blatant calls being at the spot. Smaller things like jostling for the ball could be a 5 or 10 yard penalty. And the illegal contact penalty is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too harsh because it's 5 yards AND automatic first down. There's no reason for the automatic first down.

Much worse was the one on McCourty today. As the rules are currently being enforced the defender has NO RIGHT AS IN ZERO to be on the field. The pass was thrown too far inside, McCourty stride for stride with the reciever. The reciever tries to go THROUGH HIM to the ball. NOT McCourty interferring with him. Absolute bull**** and ruins the game of football.
This is my exact complaint with the rules as they are currently set up:

-The defender can't touch the receiver past five yards, so he has to watch him to see where he is going (the defender can't look back to the ball if he is man to man or he will lose track of the receiver)

- The receiver is looking for the ball, so if it is underthrown, he will be able to react to that and slow down/come in for the ball.

-Since the defender is not able to look for the ball, he will always be unaware of an underthrown ball UNTIL he sees the receiver react to it. Thus, he will be moving in one direction while the receiver tries to come back to the ball THROUGH the defender.

- As a result, an underthrown ball will always result in the receiver initiating contact with the defender (who is not looking for the ball because the rules are set up so he cannot), but for some odd reason, this is consistently called defensive PI.

This is definitely something that needs to be looked at soon. Defenders are put in a position where it is almost impossible for them to cover receivers without being called for penalties.

Last edited:

The problem with that is if ur beat deep you can kamikaze into the player and save the TD plus 30 or so yards.

While the call was a correct one, there is no way that the ref that threw the flag could see the accidental facemask. he was calling the penalty on something else, which from what I saw wasn't there. The end result was correct, but the way they got there wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST