PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What No One Is Talking About

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Stevenson

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Dynasty.

Not the one that was formed under the old regime (2001-2004), but the one that has a chance to be formed this year with this base group of very underrated Pats players in their history.

How about another one? It's amazing this is even on the table for how the league was set up.

I've seen it for years now, where some of our fans seemingly only care about Brady and stats, and that 2007 serves as a symbolic turning point of where this team went wrong. The over-analyzing, the finesse, predictable offense, and the idea that it truly is an offensive/QB era, but not to the point you ignore all the basics and fundamentals that the Football Gods want from a football game.

There is a line there. This team has all the components the 2007 and 2011 teams didn't really have, each of those tough losses for totally different reasons, but the same reason on offense, unfortunately.

Time to roll up the sleeves and do it all. Now is not the time to NOT pigeon hole yourself with one style on either side of the ball. Keep the chameleonesque approaches coming, please.

There are a lot of proud, hardworking really good players on this team, many of whom don't know anything different than even just playing in this game on Sunday. They've rarely, if ever played in Wild Card rd game or lost a divisional round game.

It's incredible.

So, a chance at 3 SBs in 4 years may not be locker room fodder, but you know it's in the back of their minds. It just has to be,

I remember back to when Bruschi was sitting next to Roman Phifer on the way down to Jax in February of 2005, and he brought up the idea of a dynasty, something the owners never thought ever would happen again, and I think about these players' now and their knowledge of this reality and what it would mean.

In some ways, the Pats are bringing down the NFL on their own with their greatness, and they certainly have a chance to pull it off again, at the back end of Brady's career.

Incredible stuff here. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
The Dynasty.

Not the one that was formed under the old regime (2001-2004), but the one has a chance to be formed this year with this base group of very underrated Pats players in their history.

How about another one? It's amazing this is even on the table for how the league was set up.

I've seen it for years now, where some of our fans seemingly only care about Brady and stats, and that 2007 serves as a symbolic turning point of where this team went wrong. The over-analyzing, the finesse, predictable offense, and the idea that it truly is an offensive/QB era, but not to the point you ignore all the basics and fundamentals that the Football Gods want from a football game.

There is a line there. This team has all the components the 2007 and 2011 teams didn't really have, each of those tough losses for totally different reasons, but the same reason on offense, unfortunately.

Time to roll up the sleeves and do it all. Now is not the time to NOT pigeon hole yourself with one style on either side of the ball. Keep the chameleonesque approaches coming, please.

There are a lot of proud, hardworking really good players on this team, many of whom don't know anything different than even just playing in this game on Sunday. They've rarely, if ever played in Wild Card rd game or lost a divisional round game.

It's incredible.

So, a chance at 3 SBs in 4 years may not be locker room fodder, but you know it's in the back of their minds. It just has to be,

I remember back to when Bruschi was sitting next to Roman Phifer on the way down to Jax in February of 2005, and he brought up the idea of a dynasty, something the owners never thought ever would happen again, and I think about these players' now and their knowledge of this reality and what it would mean.

In some ways, the Pats are bringing down the NFL on their own with their greatness, and they certainly have a chance to pull it off again, at the back end of Brady's career.

Incredible stuff here. Enjoy the ride.

Well they might not get a much better chance. It's very difficult. Everything's in front of them.

3 out of 4 again over a decade later with the same QB is mind blowing

I mean, 19 of their players have only known a title game appearance and nothing worse than that. Every year.

That's almost half the active roster. Why would anyone want to become a free agent?

haha

I mean, 19 of their players have only known a title game appearance and nothing worse than that. Every year.

That's almost half the active roster. Why would anyone want to become a free agent?

haha

Clearly math is another area you are lacking.. Half of 53 is 26.5. That's significantly more than 19.

similar trends. Beat NFC west team, then south and then east for first 3. Now, beat NFC west and south, just need philly to finish the trifecta.

3 out of 4 again over a decade later with the same QB is mind blowing
Brady could end up having 2 separate GOAT careers.
2001-2009 and 2010-2017 now
2001-2010 and 2011-2020 ultimately

Worst case those would each be serving to Montana.

Ugh. "DaBruinz" showed up and whipped out a calculator. What a super contribution to the thread.

Sadly, he had no idea I was talking the active roster, you know, the guys BB actually plays every week.

SMH

There was a thread about this already.

Which Dynasty is/would be more impressive 01-04 or 14-16.

I prefer not to jinx it and leave it where it is.

Nothing personal, but if anyone who is a fan or who comes to these boards think they have some magical power to control what happens in games, well, that's sort of sad.

My point here is, the media is all in on Jax as we knew they would be, where more and more disrespect is thrown NE's way over and over, and I am proud of this younger group of players who won 2/3 SBs, especially in the face of a cheating commissioner.

Further, as I said last week, this D has been bashed all year due to a poor September, and they came out frothing at the mouth last week. With the media pimping the Jax D as the second coming, expect more of the same from this defense this week.

Proud players in that locker room.

Nothing personal, but if anyone who is a fan or who comes to these boards think they have some magical power to control what happens in games, well, that's sort of sad.

My point here is, the media is all in on Jax as we knew they would be, where more and more disrespect is thrown NE's way over and over, and I am proud of this younger group of players who won 2/3 SBs, especially in the face of a cheating commissioner.

Further, as I said last week, this D has been bashed all year due to a poor September, and they came out frothing at the mouth last week. With the media pimping the Jax D as the second coming, expect more of the same from this defense this week.

Proud players in that locker room.
I do have magical powers. I am actually Gandolf.

I have no idea what you read or watch but the Patriots receive a ton of adulation. I suspect you watch a lot of ESPN and Comcast Sports NE. 99% of people out there are calling for NE to either win or completely wipe the floor with JAX.

I do have magical powers. I am actually Gandolf.

I have no idea what you read or watch but the Patriots receive a ton of adulation. I suspect you watch a lot of ESPN and Comcast Sports NE. 99% of people out there are calling for NE to either win or completely wipe the floor with JAX.

I think it depends. Deion Sanders certainly does. Tomlinson has been forced to relent.

I don't watch ESPN so I don't know what those agenda-driven morons are saying, although I would guess they're doing the tomato can route by design or pimping the Jaguars as if they're the '85 Bears D, while continuing to ignore our own D playing very well lately.

99% of America will be rooting for Jax, but I really don't care either.

I just think fans deserve fair analysis because that is what those people get paid for.

Are these the same mediaheads that believed Goodell with Spygate and Deflategate that are forced to give us this adulation only AFTER the fact.

Just curious.

I don't know what the technical definition of a dynasty is, but I'd say that it didn't stop despite the 10 year title gap. We were competitive every year of that stretch (arguably except 2008) and made the Super Bowl twice. We were the team everyone wanted to knock off. We had Brady and Belichick as the constants during that run (which is needed for a dynasty).

Just because the titles aren't more evenly spread out doesn't mean that you can't group this whole run under one dynasty, which is an almost 20 year period that has been singularly defined by the success of the New England Patriots.

Why would you be sad about someone having fun with their team? Just let people enjoy their team the way they want. Who cares if my blue socks helped guide the football through the goal posts. It’s not hurting anyone.

I think it depends. Deion Sanders certainly does. Tomlinson has been forced to relent.

I don't watch ESPN so I don't know what those agenda-driven morons are saying, although I would guess they're doing the tomato can route by design or pimping the Jaguars as if they're the '85 Bears D, while continuing to ignore our own D playing very well lately.

I just think fans deserve fair analysis because that is what those people get paid for.

Are these the same mediaheads that believed Goodell with Spygate and Deflategate that are forced to give us this adulation only AFTER the fact.

Just curious.
You aren't going to get fair and balanced because that is not what sells. What sells ad space is hype for competition and scandal.

When I say adulation, they are acknowledging (some begrudgingly) the NEP are THE dominant franchise and have been for a long time. Brady is the GOAT. BB is the GOAT. 5 SBs, 7 straight AFCCG appearances, bla, bla..etc.

....and you know damn well journalistic accountability is non-existent.

Why would you be sad about someone having fun with their team? Just let people enjoy their team the way they want. Who cares if my blue socks helped guide the football through the goal posts. It’s not hurting anyone.

I put my "jinx" thing in there as a joke. He didn't get it. Whatever....

Just curious.

They have started the brainwashing already. The jags are about as good as the ravens super bowl team. Their pass rushes are like the giants but more ferocious. Not a single peep about our defense. They have the best dB tandem in the league. By the end of the week it will seem like we have no chance according to mediots haters. Their are a few that like us though.

They have started the brainwashing already. The jags are about as good as the ravens super bowl team. Their pass rushes are like the giants but more ferocious. Not a single peep about our defense. They have the best dB tandem in the league. By the end of the week it will seem like we have no chance according to mediots haters. Their are a few that like us though.

We're facing the 2000 Ravens on defense, and the Greatest Show on Turf Rams on offense.

It will be a miracle if the Patriots can keep it within 4 TDs or so.

Perhaps my favorite stat of this entire dynastic run is that since 2001, the Pats have NEVER played a meaningless game in a lost season with no playoff implications
...and for those of us who lived though the 80s and 90s there were plenty of them. Even in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back