PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is your favorite Tom Brady play? Here’s a big list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
HeartyGrimyAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

Honestly it's crazy that he has had so many huge plays in tense situations that I have sort of forgotten about some.

That season was lost on a Favre to Keller completion on 3rd and 19 in overtime.....

It is why I have never liked Favre...he would bring it vs. the Pats, but wilt under pressure when we needed him to win to help us (2002 and 2008).

I was at that game. The highlight for me was Troy Brown's retirement send off at halftime.

That one came to mind first, not least because he'd gone to Randy on the previous play and he'd dropped a pretty easy catch. So now it's third down, the Pats are down 5 points, and Brady goes for it all by going back to Moss -- and gets it. A real gunslinger's play and maybe the best single throw.

But the memories of Brady's greatness will be those got-to-have-it drives where he made got-to-have-it throw after throw and somehow also got his receivers to make the got-to-have-it catches (28-3 comeback, OT v Kansas City, etc., etc.)

I know it's been mentioned above, but I'll never forget the way he casually walked up to the line and clocked the ball with a few seconds left at the end of SB XXXVI. I remember thinking, "I'm a nervous wreck and he's acting like it's a preseason game." I later combined that with the reports that he had actually taken a nap in the locker room before the game and decided that this was a very special guy. I just didn't know how "special."

Brady to Branch for 61 yards in the Killing of Tebowmania game.

Also that whole game was hilarious.

Code:
Player       Tm  Cmp  Att  Yds   TD  Int   Sk  Yds  Lng  Rate
Tom Brady   NWE   26   34  363    6    1    0    0   61 137.6
Tim Tebow   DEN    9   26  136    0    0    5   28   41  52.7

I'll have more... but the one that comes to mind at this time was the pass over the middle in SB49 where Kam blew up Edelman. I love that play so much because of how cool Brady was and how he climbed the pocket with no regard for the pass rushers on that vaunted D. Contrast that to how afraid Manning was just the year before. That play had to be made and both guys were spectacular in making it, along with the OL.

To me, 2014 was such a special year and Brady's best to that point, IMO.

The “Jordan” audible against the Steelers in the AFCCG is one of my all time favourite Brady audibles/plays.

We line up in a run heavy i formation - Pitt lines up with an aggressive 6 man front, as well as their safeties coming down to over load us.

Brady audibles and spreads them out. Steelers go from looking mean and aggressive to confusion and fear. Brady throws a 25 yard strike to Hogan and the crowd gets PUMPED!

Just an example of Brady playing chess while opponents are playing checkers.

I remember thinking the same thing. Like, this guy isn’t just the GOAT, he’s some kind of different species. There were two Gronk plays, both on fourth down. First was the deep pass. Second was truly like a magic trick. Everyone is covered, intense pressure, and he lobs it into the back of the end zone, splitting a double team on Gronk, like an off speed pitch causing a defender to overrun it. Just absurd.

Still makes we sick we lost that game. I hated losing to Peyton (especially after his arm fell off). I hate losing to Denver. And I hate that we wasted that Herculean effort by Gronk. He was unreal and just took over the game. Splitting double teams, fighting through defenders in the end zone, and taking some pretty big hits. If Brady saw him wide open on the two point conversion we may have been headed to another Super bowl. He has that Jordan gene where he just has another level that he goes to when needed.

I was at that game and I remember hearing so much crap from Giants fans on the play before that when Randy dropped almost an identical pass. About a minute later that happened and the whole row of Giants fans behind us when silent.

I was at that game and I remember hearing so much crap from Giants fans on the play before that when Randy dropped almost an identical pass. About a minute later that happened and the whole row of Giants fans behind us when silent.

Excellent! It was great enough on the TV. I can't imagine how perfect it must have been to be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes