PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is your favorite Tom Brady play? Here’s a big list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one weather game that will forever stick in my mind as crazier than that one. And it was the wind game in Buffalo several years ago. The temperature was 55-60, but there was a consistent 40 mph wind, with gusts of 60 mph. I remember Gost trying to kick extra points and the ball would end up flying into the stands through the sidelines (not even the end zone). Brady punted on 3rd down that game and the ball rolled like a watermelon for 25 yards after it landed. The special teams guys looked like they were in a Curling competition as they ushered the ball downfield and pinned the Bills.
Wasn't that a Cassel game?

Wasn't that a Cassel game?

Yes--I didn't even remember that.

But here is the key play in question from an ESPN article:

"And [Belichick] even surprised the Bills by calling a quick kick in the fourth quarter, which Cassel hit for 57 yards and pinned Buffalo at its 2."

Cassel's punt traveled all of 20-25 yards in the air, and then rolled another 35 yards like a big old watermelon.

Yes--I didn't even remember that.

But here is the key play in question from an ESPN article:

"And [Belichick] even surprised the Bills by calling a quick kick in the fourth quarter, which Cassel hit for 57 yards and pinned Buffalo at its 2."

Cassel's punt traveled all of 20-25 yards in the air, and then rolled another 35 yards like a big old watermelon.
I have bittersweet memories of that game. Pats won that crazy game to go 11-5 and then the goddamn Favre-led Jets lost to Miami and the Pats missed the playoffs. I was in Vietnam and following the game on my Blackberry and was so pissed off that I got myself food poisoning that night. We were staying near a topless beach and that helped sometimes.

60-yard TD deep middle pass to Branch, just beating the deep safety, to set the tone in the 2004/05 AFCCG at 16-1 Pittsburgh. Brady had the flu and a 102 fever.

The play happened immediately after a fumble recovery by the Pat's defense.

That was one of the most perfect passes I've ever seen. I always think of that play. I LOVE that game.

The cross to Troy Brown that got them in FG range in SB36. That was the "HFS, we might win this thing!" moment after a 14pt lead disintegrated in minutes. Two plays later and the 15yr title drought for the region (and the team's forever title drought) finally ended.

Regards,
Chris

60-yard TD deep middle pass to Branch, just beating the deep safety, to set the tone in the 2004/05 AFCCG at 16-1 Pittsburgh. Brady had the flu and a 102 fever.

The play happened immediately after a fumble recovery by the Pat's defense.

That was one of the most perfect passes I've ever seen. I always think of that play. I LOVE that game.

That was my favorite Patriots game of all-time outside of SB49 and SB51. And that pass is definitely top 3 for me, personally. Such a ****y bunch with their arrogant fans waving “terrible towels” and big tough trash talk. Joey Porter, a young, ultra arrogant and ****y Big Ben. After getting waxed there early in the season, that game was just so incredible. The Steelers ran their mouths all week before and after the regular season game and the week leading me up to the rematch. They couldn’t even appreciate the Patriots 21 game winning streak they snapped and took the low road. Their fans all called Brady soft and the team acted like they had already won the game before it started.

That pass to Branch was the probably the greatest middle finger moment ever...the stadium essentially died collectively in that moment. The game was just so wonderful because all you heard about was how tough, physical, and menacing the Steelers were, and the Patriots just humiliated them and beat the crap out of them. I hate the Steelers for many reasons, but none more so than their 2004 squad.

I loved the Chiefs game last year because similarly it felt most satisfying winning on the road in a hostile stadium, but it still didn’t measure up to that 2004 AFCCG.

You forgot the walkoff OT bomb to Troy Brown in Miami in 2003.

That was the regular season.

My favorite part of that catch came after the game when a befuddled Miami defender was saying how he looked at hours and hours of tape on Brown and never saw him that far downfield for a pass.

That was the regular season.

My favorite part of that catch came after the game when a befuddled Miami defender was saying how he looked at hours and hours of tape on Brown and never saw him that far downfield for a pass.

I think that was an improvisation by Brady. Just before he threw it he looked like he gave Troy a go route hand signal.

I have bittersweet memories of that game. Pats won that crazy game to go 11-5 and then the goddamn Favre-led Jets lost to Miami and the Pats missed the playoffs. I was in Vietnam and following the game on my Blackberry and was so pissed off that I got myself food poisoning that night. We were staying near a topless beach and that helped sometimes.

That season was lost on a Favre to Keller completion on 3rd and 19 in overtime.....

It is why I have never liked Favre...he would bring it vs. the Pats, but wilt under pressure when we needed him to win to help us (2002 and 2008).

You forgot the walkoff OT bomb to Troy Brown in Miami in 2003.
YES! This is my favorite Pats Play of all time (so I guess that makes it my favorite Brady play of all time, but there have been so many awesome ones since!). I was looking for it on the list.

A fun thread. So many incredible memories, with the awesome throw to Gronk (his last catch as a Patriot) at the end of the just-past SB that got us to the 2 and essentially iced the game now on my list too.

We are SO lucky...

There is one weather game that will forever stick in my mind as crazier than that one. And it was the wind game in Buffalo several years ago. The temperature was 55-60, but there was a consistent 40 mph wind, with gusts of 60 mph. I remember Gost trying to kick extra points and the ball would end up flying into the stands through the sidelines (not even the end zone). Brady punted on 3rd down that game and the ball rolled like a watermelon for 25 yards after it landed. The special teams guys looked like they were in a Curling competition as they ushered the ball downfield and pinned the Bills.
Pretty sure that was 2008 and thus was Cassell, not Brady.

That pass to Branch was the probably the greatest middle finger moment ever...the stadium essentially died collectively in that moment. The game was just so wonderful because all you heard about was how tough, physical, and menacing the Steelers were, and the Patriots just humiliated them and beat the crap out of them. I hate the Steelers for many reasons, but none more so than their 2004 squad.
I preferred the second TD to Branch later in the game when he waved "bye-bye" to the DB as he beat him.

That season was lost on a Favre to Keller completion on 3rd and 19 in overtime.....

It is why I have never liked Favre...he would bring it vs. the Pats, but wilt under pressure when we needed him to win to help us (2002 and 2008).
Man, I could not agree more.

The SB where he (Desmond Howard and Reggie White actually) beat the Pats

The 3 and 19 that you mentioned

Not showing up to beat the Jets the last game of the season so the Pats lost the 2002 AFCE on a tie breaker

Ditto 2008

I hate the guy and his jeans

the agony of de feet...still hate that blubbering azzhat Ryan

the agony of de feet...still hate that blubbering azzhat Ryan
Yep, he’s right up there with Favre as far as hurting/not helping us when it matters. But at least he’s funny. Favre is a humorless yokel.

I love this thread so much.

Can I nominate that it be stickied ?

Where he tried to lead block for blount on a broken play vs the jets in 2016 and somehow managed to avoid getting decked by 3-4 defenders who had a free shot.

That was my favorite Patriots game of all-time outside of SB49 and SB51. And that pass is definitely top 3 for me, personally. Such a ****y bunch with their arrogant fans waving “terrible towels” and big tough trash talk. Joey Porter, a young, ultra arrogant and ****y Big Ben. After getting waxed there early in the season, that game was just so incredible. The Steelers ran their mouths all week before and after the regular season game and the week leading me up to the rematch. They couldn’t even appreciate the Patriots 21 game winning streak they snapped and took the low road. Their fans all called Brady soft and the team acted like they had already won the game before it started.

I loved the Chiefs game last year because similarly it felt most satisfying winning on the road in a hostile stadium, but it still didn’t measure up to that 2004 AFCCG.

OMG we had a crowd at my house and I went to the bathroom when the Steelers got the ball. All I could hear was everyone screaming as I tried to run down the stairs to see what the hell happened! So sweet! And the silence of the Pittsburgh crowd! Golden.

OMG we had a crowd at my house and I went to the bathroom when the Steelers got the ball. All I could hear was everyone screaming as I tried to run down the stairs to see what the hell happened! So sweet! And the silence of the Pittsburgh crowd! Golden.

Brady went back to Heinz in early 2015 and ripped their hearts out again with a last minute drive. One of my favorite regular season games ever. Once again chest thumping players and fans talking about that “fluke” AFCCG, only to get smacked in the mouth again by a Pats team badly depleted by injuries.

New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers - September 25th, 2005 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Tom Brady has single handedly destroyed the pride of every Steelers player and fan on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing